Sign in to follow this  
ashton324

Dedi server problem

Hey guys,

Got a problem with a one of my members not been able to see slots on any of my dedi servers and if he is slotted by an admin and he presses ok he gets stuck on 'receiving data'. Every other member and public player can see the slots and slot themselves and play. The members has removed all mods and reinstalled both arma 2 and oa but the problem still exists.

Is this a server problem or a client problem? Any ideas what might be causing this?

Server specs:

Windows Server 2k3 Enterprise (x64)

64gb Ram

1tb HDD

1gbp's Network

8 Core Intel 3600Mhz CPU

Thanks in advance,

Ashton.

Are your running the regular dedicated server thing, or are you using a dedicated server tool like TA2DST? I'm having a similar problem where some people are stuck at 'receiving data', do you also run ACE or ACRE on the server? I think its due to the recent ACE update but idk i'm just speculating on what's posted above :D.

While im not sure about your problem, I think if u posted whats running on your server might help more experienced guys in here get you some help. Like posting what Mods if you are running any and stuff like that. Sorry i couldnt be of more help wih this.

is he patched up to same version as u guys and the server is running? just a shot in the dark from me:)

We found the problem it was his firewall not allowing our server through but it allowed all others.

Thanks for your suggestions though guys!

As for LCLdark i would recommend getting them to disable firewalls and see if that makes a difference if not then it maybe that your server is denying certain ip's access.