Sign in to follow this  
slidebite

Binding joystick control?

I am trying to bind my sidewinder joystick to the Manta. I see in the joystick tab nothing about a joystick at all, just game pad, although there is a game pad tab too which is strange.

How do I configure a direct input stick to control? I figure this must be something super basic but I can't figure it out.

I did a search and closest I found was someone saying on the X360 pad is supported, but there is a joystick option tab so I am assuming it must have been patched or something as there is now a picture of the joystick on the option tab.

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

I just saw in the general forum a recent thread that says this is not possible. This has got to be a joke, right?

Right? :(

[/color]I just saw in the general forum a recent thread that says this is not possible. This has got to be a joke, right?

Right? :(

The joke's on you. Not only no joystick support, but only one specific type of game controller is supported.

I was rather surprised, myself, but I guess nobody on the dev team uses a joystick.

This is a genuine tragedy on the part of BIS. I used a joystick playing the original game on my Amiga computer. Flying a Manta with a mouse was ridiculously impossible to be effective. I don't think I was wrong to assume the remake would include joystick support. I guess this is yet another incident where the "console development" approach screws anyone who uses a computer. Very sad news indeed. Why do companies continue to turn a blind eye to the very people who made their business possible to begin with?