Sign in to follow this  
soulreaper

Vulcan & Thermopylae a couple of questions

Hi,

First off if this is the wrong section to post these questions please feel free to move it.

Is it possible to change the island where the barque re-supplys you from ( Vulcan at the moment )?

I have taken the 5 islands around Thermopylae ( I just took over the command center's ) but Thermopylae still seems to be protected, as when i take my carrier their it takes a lot of damage.

Many thanks

Yes, you can change the stockpile island to any friendly island. Zoom out on the map and click on the island you want and click the spanner tab, then click "Set as stockpile". Remember, the production and mining being done will be determined by the supply line to the stockpile island, so it it best to have the stockpile as part of the biggest chain possible. So if you had 10 islands connected together by a line and another 2 separate islands, it would not be good to have one of those 2 as the stockpile, as the 10-island chain would not be making anything.

If your talking the campaign, just taking the islands isnt enough. you have to shut down the power plants to the field protecting Thermopylae. Once you do that then sailing to the island will start the final couple of missions of the game.

The last one of this I haven't completed as I cant fly for toffee...

Thank you Species1571

Lol I did not see the spanner all the time I was playing the game must have got too engrossed in it, but thanks to your clear guidance I cannot miss it, many thanks for that.

@Suranis

Many thanks for your reply :)

So regarding the power plants do I have to go back to a save before I took over the islands around Thermopylae, or can I destroy the power plants now I have taken over all the islands except Thermopylae.

Thank you Species1571

Many thanks for your reply :)

So regarding the power plants do I have to go back to a save before I took over the islands around Thermopylae, or can I destroy the power plants now I have taken over all the islands except Thermopylae.

Its probably better to go back to a save. What you have to do is airlift a barrel of coolant into a lava lake on each of them. You will have to search for the barrels however. But there was a bug that had the barrels vanishing if you did not do it the first time you visited the Island, so its probably best if you just went back to an earlier save.

@Suranis

Many thanks for you help, very kind of you, I will go back to a save before I took the islands around Thermopylae.

:)