Sign in to follow this  
Azref

No loading screen image in Arma 2 and OA

Hi folks, i'm having a weird issue with loading screens not displaying images, the game plays fine as do all the expansions i have installed.

• When loading a mission all i see is a black screen and a status bar that when complete loads the mission with no errors.
  • When i exit the mission there is always a loading image displayed.
  • Reinstalling the game makes no difference.
  • Graphics drivers are up to date and game is patched to most recent release.
  • Changing in-game graphics settings makes no difference.

I have been trying to solve this issue for some time and done a number of searches with little success, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Max Power

Bump as noone seems to have helped so far.

Hi Azref

Just a note when you use list close the last

• with \ at the end, like this [list\]

that closes the code.

Anyways so your saying that every mission you play has no loading screen, or a mission?

What missions are you playing that has no loading screen, ones you make, ones that come with the game, or ones you downloaded?

It appears to be all missions, including the default campaigns and single missions that came with the base game and expansions. I have tried re-installing with no luck, although the loading screen image does flash up very briefly (1 to 2 seconds) and then disappears to a black screen with the loading bar and mission text. The mission then loads normally and i haven't noticed any other problems.

I suggest is make sure your game is patched to the latest see if that makes any difference.

and running arma2CO only without the dlcs, and see if that changes anything.

Is your copy a hard copy (disc), downloaded direct (BIS store etc) or Steam. Also are you running any mods..

All versions are Disk copies apart from Army of the Czech Republic which i got from Gamers Gate. No mods installed either, it's a clean install except for patches.

I also have Arma 2 installed to C:/Bohemia Interactive/Arma2. Not sure if this matters

Edited by Azref

All versions are Disk copies apart from Army of the Czech Republic which i got from Gamers Gate. No mods installed either, it's a clean install except for patches.

I also have Arma 2 installed to C:/Bohemia Interactive/Arma2. Not sure if this matters

Was the game o.k. before you downloaded ACR, or did you do it all in one hit , i.e. install everything at the same time, before playing..

The install you have looks o.k.

C:/Bohemia Interactive/Arma2.

Dont matter, you can install the game anywhere, as long as when you launch the game your shortcut or whatever you use points to the arma2oa.exe

Was the game o.k. before you downloaded ACR, or did you do it all in one hit , i.e. install everything at the same time, before playing..

The install you have looks o.k.

As far as i can remember i have had this problem since i got OA, main reason i tried doing a re-install of the entire series.

Maybe reinstall correctly.

Follow the steps (uninstall first obviously) then:

1. Install A2 & run once

2. Install OA & run once

3. Update OA using the 1.60 patch

4. Update OA using the 1.62 patch

Maybe reinstall correctly.

Follow the steps (uninstall first obviously) then:

1. Install A2 & run once

2. Install OA & run once

3. Update OA using the 1.60 patch

4. Update OA using the 1.62 patch

Tried what you said and still no luck, although there is a loading screen in Arma2 until i install OA, but when i load OA and load a mission there is still a black screen with text and the loading bar as before.