Sign in to follow this  
icewindo

Hazmat Units (OA)

Hey,

here's a standalone release of the hazmat units as requested by DanWelch I originally made for ArmA1.

There's some bugs and issues so consider this a beta release.

Screenshot

http://s14.directupload.net/images/121224/imqz6fbi.jpg

Video

Download:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18238

Known problems:

- arms look weird when the units hold a mp5 -> maybe caused by me tampering around with the arm thickness when I created the units for ArmA1 but I dunno, they use the ArmA2 hands though and I didn't have this error and other units based on ArmA1 mlods

- no blood textures (me beeing lazy, plus the blood textures would look weird on the glossy/plastic like rvmats)

- file size could be lower since I'm lazy and didn't configure hidden selections for the different color schemes (not really a bug though)

- rpt file errors - they do not bother me (insert trollface.jpg here)

----

...and merry christmas :unclesam:

Edited by Icewindo

They look amazing! I think they would of work perfectly in a zombie theme :D

Nice job!

Thanks dudes, yep I also like the way they look in ArmA2 with the super shader rvmat, they didn't look that good in my ArmA1 release.

Great stuff,

These would look fantastic on the island I'm making!

Icewindo, is there also any news on the stalker units you done? I think I remember you said you were going to port more or something?

Apologies if not mate...

Thanks for the Mirror,added it to first post :)

Great stuff,

These would look fantastic on the island I'm making!

Icewindo, is there also any news on the stalker units you done? I think I remember you said you were going to port more or something?

Apologies if not mate...

No problem, yep I was working on porting some more stuff but I had to cut the rope there since I had too many projects.

Awesome looking units, thanks!

Is it just me or can't you unpack the .7z?

Edited by astast

While i have to say i like the units very much and the feeling they give, i have one kind-off complaint.

In the editor, when i place a unit on the map, set up a few things around it, and hit preview, the map usually starts up in about 5 seconds.

If i do the same, but with your Hazmat addon loaded (there doesn't even need to be a hazmat unit spawned, it's jsut if the addon is loaded) the same process takes nearly 2 Minutes.

Do you have any ideas what could cause this? I really would liek to use the units, but 2 Minutewaiting time at every preview kind-off sucks if you attmept to design a mission. And this happens everytime i hit preview, not only once. If it wa sonly once and 'oce they are loaded' it runs smooth again, i wouldn't really mind the waiting time for such great units.

Is it just me or can't you unpack the .7z?

Yep the Armaholic DL seems to be broken, added mediafire again:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?aaham4nbmgxjw3u

While i have to say i like the units very much and the feeling they give, i have one kind-off complaint.

In the editor, when i place a unit on the map, set up a few things around it, and hit preview, the map usually starts up in about 5 seconds.

If i do the same, but with your Hazmat addon loaded (there doesn't even need to be a hazmat unit spawned, it's jsut if the addon is loaded) the same process takes nearly 2 Minutes.

Do you have any ideas what could cause this? I really would liek to use the units, but 2 Minutewaiting time at every preview kind-off sucks if you attmept to design a mission. And this happens everytime i hit preview, not only once. If it wa sonly once and 'oce they are loaded' it runs smooth again, i wouldn't really mind the waiting time for such great units.

Thanks, that might the rpt file errors spawning up but it seems weird it takes 2 minutes, I didn't notice any difference on my pc in loading times. When I find the time I'll see if I can try some stuff out.

OUTSTANDING!! Dude you are awesome, this will be great for a Chemical Weapons incident hehehe:cool:

Yep the Armaholic DL seems to be broken

It seems somehow only the second archive was broken, the first one was just fine.

I have now replaced both downloadlinks again just to be sure with your linked file. For me things are ok now, please let me know if you still have troubles.

OUTSTANDING!! Dude you are awesome, this will be great for a Chemical Weapons incident hehehe:cool:

Thanks, next version will probably also include visibly contaminated units, allready created the textures for these back then.

It seems somehow only the second archive was broken, the first one was just fine.

I have now replaced both downloadlinks again just to be sure with your linked file. For me things are ok now, please let me know if you still have troubles.

Ok, thanks for fixing, seems OK now.

---

And here's a small update, I made the mask visible in first person which is more atmospheric imo.

It looks abit off with weapons drawn since the mask is part of the head selection and thus bends to the right when aiming but this might be fixed If I rather use the spine selection.

Great Work Icewindo.

I have a question where i got stuck with my own project:

How the hell works the first person mask? I always wanted something like this for my paintball, but never got the trick.

Sorry for reviving the post.

I recently downloaded the units and when I'm going to test it I have the following error: Cannot load texture, crumod_units\badge_as.paa.

And it's also missing the mask and breathing, is the error related to it?

Thank you.

Sorry for reviving the post.

I recently downloaded the units and when I'm going to test it I have the following error: Cannot load texture, crumod_units\badge_as.paa.

And it's also missing the mask and breathing, is the error related to it?

Thank you.

I have the same problem. Can anyone help us?