Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 100296 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

mirror :

[100296] Fixed: MP: Player head movement using numpad keys was not visible to other players.

[100257] Fixed: ballisticsComputer uses wrong velocity (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/6823)

+ some beta regressions fixed, shall hotfix some of the often crashes of client/server seen in past weeks

+ possible slight performance increase when using BE filters

suggested to be used for server hosting as it shall be noticeably stabler

(if you still get any crashes, it's very important for us to get server's mdmp,bidmp,rpt files

(compressed e.g. to my email (which is my BIForum nickname @ bistudio.com)with subject CRASH)

BattlEye compatibility: ... SUPPORTED, enjoy ! ...

note: also deployed on STEAM!

+++

Data fixes and improvements by the Community Config Project (CCP)

Changelog: https://dev-heaven.net/versions/1391

More info: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?141732-ARMA-2-Community-Configuration-Project-(A2CCP)

I run a public server.

Have been getting semi-frequent server crashing since the 10000 series of builds. Issue still present in this build.

I have sent the logs to the email listed.

i did notice with latests betas, probably since 10000 branch, lights flickering at distance, at chernarus and takistan either. Quite annoying, is ther are a ticet about it already?

Water (sea) on Takistan seems to loop very badly, although it looks ok in Chernarus. Unsure what the overcast (driving mechanism) was at the time I noticed it though.

Confirming terrain flickering ( white empty spaces ) on Chernarus. Haven't tried other islands, but something is wrong. Sorry I never made it to catch screenshot of it. Not severe but quite annoying when it happens. Slight micro-stuttering occasionaly.

Edit: Here is one.

1_tmb_52178716_arma2oa_2012_12_27_23_15_47_163.png

Edited by _MaSSive

Do somebody knows how is going VoIP bug tracking? anybody can hear me on a 1.62 server (without beta installed) when i use the latest beta patch (100296)

Do somebody knows how is going VoIP bug tracking? anybody can hear me on a 1.62 server (without beta installed) when i use the latest beta patch (100296)

I think that is intentional since the VoIP port changed because of the new quality setting...

This latest patch for some reasons have been giving me major issues with LOD and blurry textures. Fed up, I purged my PC of everything Arma 2 related the other night, even manually dug up everything related in my registry.

Cleanly re-installed Arma 2: CO and updated everything properly to 1.62, played for hours without issue. I set a system restore point for safety measures of reverting in the future and figuring out the origin of this problem through a process of elimination (figuring it must have been one of the mods I was using). I downloaded and install this patch via SixUpdater, jumped into a scenario and the annoying LOD/Blurry textures returned.

I'm not sure what is necessarily wrong, all the tried and trusted tweaks to ArmA 2 that has been around for ages won't help the issue. My only solution is to revert back to 1.62 (95248). Textures have been set to Normal, High, Very High and Video Memory at Default, still occurs when playing. As I haven't been much involved with the community and ArmA for quite some time, I apologize if this isn't the proper place to address the problem I'm having with this particular patch.

Edited by MysteriousStranger

This latest patch for some reasons have been giving me major issues with LOD and blurry textures. Fed up, I purged my PC of everything Arma 2 related the other night, even manually dug up everything related in my registry.

Cleanly re-installed Arma 2: CO and updated everything properly to 1.62, played for hours without issue. I set a system restore point for safety measures of reverting in the future and figuring out the origin of this problem through a process of elimination (figuring it must have been one of the mods I was using). I downloaded and install this patch via SixUpdater, jumped into a scenario and the annoying LOD/Blurry textures returned.

I'm not sure what is necessarily wrong, all the tried and trusted tweaks to ArmA 2 that has been around for ages won't help the issue. My only solution is to revert back to 1.62 (95248). Textures have been set to Normal, High, Very High and Video Memory at Default, still occurs when playing. As I haven't been much involved with the community and ArmA for quite some time, I apologize if this isn't the proper place to address the problem I'm having with this particular patch.

Sometimes this works:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?122102-ArmA-2-OA-Beta-Build-82604&p=1980550&viewfull=1#post1980550

Shut down the game, delete these files in the Arma2 folders in "Documents", restart the game and files will be re-written:

playerName.ArmA2OAProfile

playerName.vars.ArmA2OAProfile

ArmA2OA.cfg

ArmA2.cfg

Im almost certain it is beta patch and it has nothing to do with profile config files. And you dont have to do system restore reverting to fix it, just simply dont use beta patch. Seems like these LOD issues ( I think thats how you call them ) are happening on Chernarus for the most part, I still havent had an issue on non BIS island. Confirming blurry textures and glitches even on High graphical settings. Look at the image I posted in previous post. Its recorded on medium-high settings and it looks like I play on Low. Compare helicopter texture and terrain.

Looking forward for a fix.

Im almost certain it is beta patch and it has nothing to do with profile config files. And you dont have to do system restore reverting to fix it, just simply dont use beta patch. Seems like these LOD issues ( I think thats how you call them ) are happening on Chernarus for the most part, I still havent had an issue on non BIS island. Confirming blurry textures and glitches even on High graphical settings. Look at the image I posted in previous post. Its recorded on medium-high settings and it looks like I play on Low. Compare helicopter texture and terrain.

Looking forward for a fix.

The system restore point I made was just a overtly compulsive precaution as I haven't dealt with beta patches before hand due to my relatively long absence from ArmA, so to me it could have been anything at one point. I just deleted the beta folder and all is well but I'm afraid this might just end up being the case again with the next beta patch that just released. I'm just going to have to test that out, follow up an actual report if it indeed does.

The LOD snapping (well SLOW change!) from one LOD to another is REALLY annoying. Can we have a test build where all around me, (when I RMB and zoom in) the trees are already loaded into video memory and I don't have to see this SLOW change. It may only be 0.5 of a second but when every tree/bush does it, it takes so much away from the game. It's already kinda sorted for sniper scopes, but just rubbish with the soldier's eyes. Do a little test and spin around and you will see the slow change of foliage.

I have Arma2 on its own SSD with plenty of space, and this slow change happens with vanilla beta patches and with addons.