Sign in to follow this  
_angus_

He's out there...... somewhere

I've finally captured all the islands in the Strategy game, and along the way I've had several encounters with the enemy carrier which I repeatedly drove off with a bloody nose. I didn't want to destroy it early on in the game. So now I'm king of all I survey, where's the snecker gone?! :)

Look around the last island that the other carrier attacked. It's probably sitting out of fuel between two islands.

Yes, that was my initial thought, but he wasn't in the area. I then started searching all the islands and eventually found him in a rather unlikely (tactically speaking) location.

So now he's sunk and I've captured all the islands.......... a couple of quick thoughts.

Firstly, great game, well done guys! :)

It did crash quite a bit though, particularly as you arrive at an island and there seems to be a lot of data being loaded and executed simultaneously.

As has been said, if the enemy carrier can't have an AI upgrade, then it needs to be tougher. I spent a lot of time trying to give it a bloody nose, without actually sinking it, which was too easy to do.

In my final confrontation with it, it launched 2 waves of Mantas and Walruses, which was nice, but the carrier itself pretty much sat there, saying, "Go on mate, you'd be doing me a favour - I never wanted to be a carrier anyway, I wanted to be....... a lumberjack."

Finally, I think it would be great to have to find the blueprints for the higher tech equipment - not just have everything you want from scratch (assuming resources exist).

But, as I say, I've had a very enjoyable time playing the game and hope to revisit it soon. Thanks and season greetings to you all.

P.S. Carrier Command was the game I was desperately waiting for when I first got my Amiga, but before that on my C64 it was Elite. If anybody else felt the same there is a kickstarter campaign for Elite Dangerous with just a few days left to run.

I remember talking to Realtime on the phone back in the eighties and the guy I spoke to said that they felt Carrier Command was "just a game" albeit a good one - but a lot of people were hailing it as the new Elite. I personally don't think it was ever surpassed.

_Angus_ I Had Carrier Command on the ZX Spectrum and C64, and finally the Amiga 500. Personally I am quite impressed with this game, I can't get enough of it, but it is missing Wire-Guided Missiles, which I was fond of in the original. As for Elite: Dangerous, I have my pledge on that thing, and hope Braben can pull off what he has described, because it sounds awesome. As for Carrier Command, I support this game all the way. I just hope they make a PS3 version when they get all the bugs sorted and have it polished off.

I remember talking to Realtime on the phone back in the eighties and the guy I spoke to said that they felt Carrier Command was "just a game" albeit a good one - but a lot of people were hailing it as the new Elite. I personally don't think it was ever surpassed.

Oh. If you liked Elite back in the day, check out OOLite.