ollem

TPWCAS - TPWC AI Suppression System

Please keep an eye on TPWCAS version:

- the latest release for Arma 2 is 'TPWCAS v5.51'

- the latest release for Arma 3 is 'TPWCAS_A3 v5.5' -> link

I do realize now I should have used a more distinctive versioning system :-/

My apologies but I was surprised to see an announcement on A3 version TPWCAS in the A2 thread.

Especially given that there is a thread dedicated to A3 version TPWCAS:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166800-TPWCAS-for-A3-AI-Suppression-System-suggestions-comments-ideas-discussion

just wondering if the addon version is only server side? or both client and server to run it?

AFAIK both addon is required to run on both server and client

just wondering if the addon version is only server side? or both client and server to run it?

Depends what you want to achieve. You need to run TPWCAS only on the server in order to be able to suppress the AI.

deleted

---------- Post added at 09:37 ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 ----------

Depends what you want to achieve. You need to run TPWCAS only on the server in order to be able to suppress the AI.

What would be achieved by the clients running it?

Edited by Victor87

What would be achieved by the clients running it?

Only suppression effects on AI commanded by the players running the client.

Is it work with zeus spawned ai?

I think it does but only if the guy playing Zeus is running TPWCAS. Can someone confirm that?

As far as I know Zeus creates AI locally on the system of the player running Zeus. So you would indeed need to run TPWCAS also on the players system and use tpwcas_mode = 2 to make it work.

Guys this is the A2 thread. If you're talking about A3's Zeus feature, could you discuss this in the A3 TPW CAS thread?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166800-TPWCAS-for-A3-AI-Suppression-System-suggestions-comments-ideas-discussion

If not, my apologies.

Ollem: incidentally, any chance of an udpate to TPW CAS? You mentioned that you were very busy before Xmas.

Hey I was wondering, is there a way to make it so enemies lose skill but don't go prone at close range? It seems kind of odd when they go prone 50m in front and try to crawl away in vain. I'm not sure if that's realistic or not.

Hey I was wondering, is there a way to make it so enemies lose skill but don't go prone at close range? It seems kind of odd when they go prone 50m in front and try to crawl away in vain. I'm not sure if that's realistic or not.

Please have a look at your userconfig\tpwcas_v2.hpp file when using mod version or "tpwcas_init.sqf" when using script version.

Look for the following value and adjust to your liking:

// 3 BULLET IGNORE RADIUS (M). BULLETS FROM A SHOOTER CLOSER THAN THIS WILL NOT SUPPRESS.

tpwcas_ir = 20;

Please have a look at your userconfig\tpwcas_v2.hpp file when using mod version or "tpwcas_init.sqf" when using script version.

Look for the following value and adjust to your liking:

// 3 BULLET IGNORE RADIUS (M). BULLETS FROM A SHOOTER CLOSER THAN THIS WILL NOT SUPPRESS.

tpwcas_ir = 20;

Oh yes, I've seen that setting. But when it says does not suppress, does it not lower their skill either? Im kind of looking for something that will make they I guess shake their aim, but not go prone super close. What do you use personally in terms of settings and other AI mods in conjunction?

Anyone got any feedback on this mod regards to compatibility with the latest dlc, ASR_AI and ACE?

Anyone got any feedback on this mod regards to compatibility with the latest dlc, ASR_AI and ACE?

We use TPWCAS on a dedicated server along with bCombat and it works great. We did a short test with ACE and there wasn't any visible issues.

err guys this is an A2/OA thread but I believe you are talking about A3, right?

If so, could you perhaps shift your discussion to the A3 thread?

My AI team members face the wrong way. When I move forward, the untis follow me. But when I stop, they turn 180...

What could be wrong?