ollem

TPWCAS - TPWC AI Suppression System

It certainly does. Just one thing though, I'm still seeing TPWCAS 5 on the menu screen (list of mods running). Is there anyway to correct that?

unless you extract the PBO and modify the config, no.. until the author kindly fixes it :)

All- thanks for the feedback

It certainly does. Just one thing though, I'm still seeing TPWCAS 5 on the menu screen (list of mods running). Is there anyway to correct that?

I do not really understand the issue? Please let me know what I should fix/change/remove?

The current TPWCAS does not work with HC. Another group tested this too and confirmed our observations. You get RPT entries that TPWCAS has been initiated and that debug ball markers are added but none of this really happens. There are no debug markers and the AI doesn´t react to nearby shots. I should add that we play with the latest Beta, maybe that has something to do with this?

All- thanks for the feedback

I do not really understand the issue? Please let me know what I should fix/change/remove?

Shouldn't it read "TPWCAS 5.51"?

Hi guys.

I did some modifications on TPWCAS for ARMA 3 as it had some bugs. Also I made the suppression look different. The changes I made are minimal, just got rid of the undefined variable bugs and the suppression now uses dynamic blur instead of Radial Zoom Blur (as this is not showed if HDR or radial blur, is off/0 in video settings). The screen also gets bright instead of dark. I like the way that looks.

Please note that this is an unofficial version of TPW CAS! It works on dedicated, have not been able to try with Headless client as our HC can't connect due to a bug in A3 with the current stable release.

Here's a link to the modified version: http://www.ssg-clan.se/files/tpwcas_a3_v05_script_modified_ssg_pelle_20131215.rar

Hi guys.

I did some modifications on TPWCAS for ARMA 3 as it had some bugs. Also I made the suppression look different. The changes I made are minimal, just got rid of the undefined variable bugs and the suppression now uses dynamic blur instead of Radial Zoom Blur (as this is not showed if HDR or radial blur, is off/0 in video settings). The screen also gets bright instead of dark. I like the way that looks.

Please note that this is an unofficial version of TPW CAS! It works on dedicated, have not been able to try with Headless client as our HC can't connect due to a bug in A3 with the current stable release.

Here's a link to the modified version: http://www.ssg-clan.se/files/tpwcas_a3_v05_script_modified_ssg_pelle_20131215.rar

I'll take a look at your changes but please note there is a seperate thread for TPWCAS for A3 where you will find an A3 version:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166800-TPWCAS-for-A3-AI-Suppression-System-suggestions-comments-ideas-discussion

OK, I went back to your ArmA 2 TPWCAS. I'm getting very bad performance in ArmA 3 probably because I don't have the latest spec machine, but looks like ArmA 3 still needs some development esp. when it comes to AI. Anyway, not being able to afford a higher spec machine ATM to test this on I've gone back to setting up Warfare Benny Edition with TPWCAS with built in LOS enabled for ArmA 2. I got a bit confused by the modes. The MP mode seemed like the right one. I'm basically setting up a Coop server although its just me against the AI at the moment. The Coop mode seemed to suggest that only the players fire causes suppression ... so to confirm MP mode should allow friendly AI to suppress enemy AI ?

OK, I went back to your ArmA 2 TPWCAS. I'm getting very bad performance in ArmA 3 probably because I don't have the latest spec machine, but looks like ArmA 3 still needs some development esp. when it comes to AI. Anyway, not being able to afford a higher spec machine ATM to test this on I've gone back to setting up Warfare Benny Edition with TPWCAS with built in LOS enabled for ArmA 2. I got a bit confused by the modes. The MP mode seemed like the right one. I'm basically setting up a Coop server although its just me against the AI at the moment. The Coop mode seemed to suggest that only the players fire causes suppression ... so to confirm MP mode should allow friendly AI to suppress enemy AI ?

While your are playing on local hosted server in your case I would recommend to use tpwcas_mode = 2

This will allow to have all enemy and friendly AI to be suppressed and trigger suppression.

When a friendly unit next to the the player fires an underbarrel grenade or an AT missile, the player gets suppressed! Present also on the Arma 2 version.

Edited by Variable

When a friendly unit besides the player fires an underbarrel grenade or an AT missile, the player gets suppressed! Present also on the Arma 2 version.

Grenades etc indeed trigger some suppression reaction, but not sure if player really gets suppressed: I assume it is similar reaction to friendly units shooting which triggers standing AI to get crouched. i.E. no skill or shake adjustment *should* happen.

I haven't touched ArmA2 for a very long time while I've switched completely to ArmA3, so I could check in TPWCAS A3 but I will no longer be able to verify any behavior in ArmA 2

Grenades etc indeed trigger some suppression reaction, but not sure if player really gets suppressed: I assume it is similar reaction to friendly units shooting which triggers standing AI to get crouched. i.E. no skill or shake adjustment *should* happen.

I haven't touched ArmA2 for a very long time while I've switched completely to ArmA3, so I could check in TPWCAS A3 but I will no longer be able to verify any behavior in ArmA 2

The player does indeed get suppressed in ArmA II if friendly AI uses AT missiles and the like. I assumed it was the fear of the raw power misfiring or something. This is not intended to happen?

OOPS I meant to post it on the Arma 3 thread, not here.

The player does indeed get suppressed in ArmA II if friendly AI uses AT missiles and the like. I assumed it was the fear of the raw power misfiring or something. This is not intended to happen?

What do you as player experience? Is it just a slight visual effect? Shaking? Is it a longer lasting negative effect?

I may need to test myself :-)

What do you as player experience? Is it just a slight visual effect? Shaking? Is it a longer lasting negative effect?

In Arma 3 and 2 the same effect - screen blurs, darkens and shakes. I don't think this is by design...

You get fully suppressed. Visual shaking and the screen getting darker.

Hmm this isnt working with HEadless client unless you activate null = [2] execvm "tpwcas\tpwcas_script_init.sqf" for players also right? :(

Would be cool to have this as a mod so i can just start it on the server and on the HC and forget about editing each public mission to use it.

Edited by Numrollen

Hmm this isnt working with HEadless client unless you activate null = [2] execvm "tpwcas\tpwcas_script_init.sqf" for players also right? :(

Would be cool to have this as a mod so i can just start it on the server and on the HC and forget about editing each public mission to use it.

I assume you are talking about ArmA3 and not ArmA2 right?

For A2 mod is available, for A3 there is a beta mod version available, but it should be updated.

(I hope to be able to work on that on short notice..)

A3 version: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166800-TPWCAS-for-A3-AI-Suppression-System-suggestions-comments-ideas-discussion

New update v5.5 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@tpwcas_a3.png

@ Ollem;

Greetings, I have updated your mod for you in our network, nice job. Glad to see that you are still so active :)

Please keep an eye on TPWCAS version:

- the latest release for Arma 2 is 'TPWCAS v5.51'

- the latest release for Arma 3 is 'TPWCAS_A3 v5.5' -> link

I do realize now I should have used a more distinctive versioning system :-/

Excellent work, thanks Ollem.