ollem

TPWCAS - TPWC AI Suppression System

I know have the stupidest question possible but: How can I check if the script is working.

I placed this in my init.sqf but I'm not sure if there is any change: "nul = [3] execvm "tpwcas\tpwcas_script_init.sqf";"

Or should I execute the "nul = [2] execvm "tpwcas\tpwcas_script_init.sqf";" aswell?

For your info, I create a multiplayer map right now! ^^

Same problem from Moon for me :D

Btw. i love this mod and looking really for the v4. Would be great to see if AI is in cover that bullets from more then 2m away should not have a big impact. Would be great that the ai also uses houses for cover/position change to fire to the enemy force but i think this is hard to make. perhaps someone could find a way like the A2Mod: House Patrol script. Also Arma3 needs much work from skilled modders like you ollem. Dump ai idiots :-/

when i load the mod to the dedicated Server, i just need to start the mod and it should work for all ai spawnt on the server right? for headless Client the Client should load this mod?

Edited by Numrollen

Same problem from Moon for me :D

Btw. i love this mod and looking really for the v4. Would be great to see if AI is in cover that bullets from more then 2m away should not have a big impact. Would be great that the ai also uses houses for cover/position change to fire to the enemy force but i think this is hard to make. perhaps someone could find a way like the A2Mod: House Patrol script. Also Arma3 needs much work from skilled modders like you ollem. Dump ai idiots :-/

when i load the mod to the dedicated Server, i just need to start the mod and it should work for all ai spawnt on the server right? for headless Client the Client should load this mod?

Same questions here. I try to add the TPWCAS script to the VTS and it was working on beta 11 without HC. Since the beta 13, we use the HC and the TPWCAS script doesn t work anymore. I don t know if the problem come from the "final" stable of A3, the new beta of the vts or the HC (probably the 3).

Hello Ollem,

I have been tinkering with Tpwcas script for arma 3...

what i did was took all the .sqf files, and put them in to your mod...

Then i went threw the ARMA 3 version of ASR_AI and changed the config names in tpwcas to the "asr_ai3_" variants , so that it is looking in the right place for those valuse/functions.

I also changed a few of the "forEach" commands to "count". According to BIS - code optimization page "count" is faster... There is only one instance where "foreach" is required and i have left that other wise i get "Error type number, expected bool"

After those tweeks i compiled it back into a PBO. And it works fine.

I have a working ADDON version of @TPWCAS form Arma 3.

the glitch with "setUnitPos "Middle"", doesnt seem to show up.. The AI dont go crouch and constantly raise and lower their weapon.

The getcover.sqf is the only one i am looking into for more functionality. The AI seem to move to cover, however, they don't do it efficiently.

With your permission Ollem I would like to share, for testing purposes. May I host it somewhere?

Edited by Lordprimate

With your permission Ollem I would like to share, for testing purposes. May I host it somewhere?

Lordprimate, if possible please share it here.

I did make some other (minor) changes, and if your proposed mod works I'll merge all and we will release in a formal matter. Thanks!

ok

i just ment host it somewhere to download. Of course it would be linked to/from this thread

here it is for testing

TPWCAS.pbo for ARMA 3 : moved

this is just the addon version for testing in Arma 3

Installation instructions:

1) copy and paste the latest tpwcas 5.0 mod folder from your ARMA 2 directory into your ARMA 3 directory.

2) in the addons folder of the newly pasted mod folder, Delete the tpwcas.pbo and replace it with the one linked above.

3) copy the userconfig/tpwcas folder into the ARMA 3 userconfig folder. (should be arma3/userconfig/tpwcas/tpwcas_v2.hpp)

I forgot to add:

the error i am currently working on is using the debug module in the missione editor. A pop up in game on the bottom of the screen states BIS_fnc_MPexec : function "" does not exist...

Edited by Lordprimate

ok

i just ment host it somewhere to download. Of course it would be linked to/from this thread

here it is for testing

TPWCAS.pbo for ARMA 3 : http://www.mediafire.com/download/ganj1d2lb332vrz/tpwcas.pbo

this is just the addon version for testing in Arma 3

Installation instructions:

1) copy and paste the latest tpwcas 5.0 mod folder from your ARMA 2 directory into your ARMA 3 directory.

2) in the addons folder of the newly pasted mod folder, Delete the tpwcas.pbo and replace it with the one linked above.

3) copy the userconfig/tpwcas folder into the ARMA 3 userconfig folder. (should be arma3/userconfig/tpwcas/tpwcas_v2.hpp)

I forgot to add:

the error i am currently working on is using the debug module in the missione editor. A pop up in game on the bottom of the screen states BIS_fnc_MPexec : function "" does not exist...

Great job ! Thx for this addon, we will test it.

Edit: We tested the mod version and it seem that it doesn't work. AI units seems to behave very strange (no cover, IA walking backward, AI not fireing...). We're using HC, VTS and ASR AI activated.

After somes tests, the HC crash when we use the TPWCAS addon with it.

A copy of the .rpt if it can help you

Mods: @tpwcas

Distribution: 0

Version 1.02.110654

Fault time: 2013/10/08 17h31

Fault address: 00557C3A 01:00156C3A C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe

file: co166_vts40_A3_beta15 (__CUR_MP)

world: altis

Prev. code bytes: 78 89 44 24 10 8B 16 8B 42 48 8B CE FF D0 8B D8

Fault code bytes: 8B 13 8B 82 28 01 00 00 68 D9 00 00 00 68 64 98

Registers:

EAX:00000000 EBX:00000000

ECX:4AAF9F90 EDX:710F75F0

ESI:4AAF9F80 EDI:00000000

CS:EIP:0023:00557C3A

SS:ESP:002B:01DDEA00 EBP:01DDEA5C

DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00010246

=======================================================

Edited by slayertom

thanks for testing! i didnt expect great results, i probably F'd something up ill go threw it tonight

If you have another version to test, We'll be pleased to test your modifications.

havent really made any progress been working, i did an MP test today just me on a server, and i got this error:

Error in expression < [%5] - isNil tpwcas_mode: [%6]", time, tpwcas_mode, isServer, isMultiPlayer, tp>
 Error position: <tpwcas_mode, isServer, isMultiPlayer, tp>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: tpwcas_mode
File tpwcas\init.sqf, line 46

Did you get this error as well?

i ran threw a quick mp mission on a dedicated and i didnt seem to have those wierd ai behaviors just that undefined variable. Although it was also just two opfor squads vs one blufor squad, and I. this test was with out putting any modules on the map. to night ill do another test with out tpwcas, with tpwcas without modules ,with the modules. ill have more time next week to do more playing/testing

Ok, so i once again didnt change much... if anything really

I did however do further testing on a dedicated server, and i still have not seen the ai behavior you have described.

1)make sure you updated your ASR_AI3 on Rabalos DEV repo.

a) there was an update recently i check playwithSix just a few minutes ago and got an update to @ASR_AI3 and @CBA_A3.

I ran just CBA,ASR_AI3,TPWCAS and i didn't get a single error, undefined variable, or the like. I had three modules on the map, LOS, find cover, and debug. The debuging effects worked, no errors, etc.

The only thing is, I cannot test the Headless Client issue, Since I have to buy the game a Second time to be able to use a HC...

ok Recompiled with a very few changes. This is a complete mod folder removed any @TPWCAS you have in your arma 3 directory and replace it with this and swap out the userconfig as well.

@TPWCAS ARMA 3 Test: coming soon

Edited by Lordprimate

We didn't have this error, the ia just have a strange beheviour.

I will update the ASR AI on our server and we will wait for your next test version for testing it.

Edit: Ok we test it again with the last version of asr ai taked on the play with six and i confirm the ia don t react to fire near them. We test it with VTS and the HC.

We test it again without the HC on the VTS and this time it s working ! The debug is on and we see the colored spheres and the ia react to the fire.

So it s the HC who block the TPWCAS, there is a solution ?

Edited by slayertom

Can any of these updates and corrections benefit the A2 version?

ok here is an update...

I have spent the last 24 hours playing on a server with Tpwcas. The only thing/ ai behavior i didnt like was the lack of finding good cover. That is due to not being able to filter out certain objects...

When i make a mission for MP i place the tpwcas modules on the map... and I leave debugging on so i know its working (this is a test phase)

So, Deleate any @twpcas you already have in your arma 3 folder and replace it with this one... This also comes with a userconfig.. replace yours with the newly downloaded one. (just to rule out any errors in that area)

@tpwcas Arma 3 test : http://www.mediafire.com/?1lmvt7kf10zfaf8

I have not tested HC. just Dedi performance..

i made a few changes that ill probably be reverting, I just waned to see how it worked out...

Thanks in advance to all who help test.

@Lordprimate - many thanks for your updates and help here.

I'll take a look at your proposed changes (keep them coming) and I will merge them with my own changes.

@Lordprimate - many thanks for your updates and help here.

I'll take a look at your proposed changes (keep them coming) and I will merge them with my own changes.

no thank you, tpw, and fabrizio. You all came up with this baby.. I am just learning from the masters and taking info from this page http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Code_Optimisation

ill try and get a changelog to you asap

I am also looking to norrin for help in filtering out bushes and other soft cover. In his rifle occlusion mod he has code that can id Objects as bushes. It also looks for the width of the objects. so the idea is to have bushes and narrow trees removed the the "potential cover" list of objects.. I have already pm'd him and he has stated that he may have time in a few months to help out..

Until then :

Anyone with ideas/code on how to filter out soft cover from a "nearestObjects" search then we can get the AI to search for cover behind hard objects that are actually good cover.

other then that with debugging on I can see that "everything seems" to be working.. all the debug smoke, flagpoles, los spheres. ETC. they all appear and change color and disappear accordingly.

I have my AI skill settings WAY DOWN.. i have a feeling this might effect some of the test results on my end. And I also have been creating missions to test I havent been using others missions ... In a few days ill download some low player count missions and get some people on and test it some more.

EDIT: Ollem, can i create a thread in the ARMA 3 - ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION, section? I figure Ill get more testers there....

Edited by Lordprimate

@Lordprimate you are right - A3 version should be discussed in the A3 section and this thread should stick to A2 related discussion.

I've created the A3 discussion post: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166800-TPWCAS-for-A3-AI-Suppression-System-suggestions-comments-ideas-discussion

About A2 development:

I've moved to A3 and though I still have A2 installed I haven't looked at it since I updated TPWCAS after latest A2 patch.

I do not intend to create an updated TPWCAS for A2 version with new features.

Only in case a new A2 patch might break current functionality I will see if I can easily fix it.

Only in case a new A2 patch might break current functionality I will see if I can easily fix it.

1.63 does break TPWCAS - see post #212 above by Lordprimate.

The problem is that in two places in tpwcas\init.sqf, the variable tpwcas_mode is referenced before it is defined, causing the error in question.

In TPWCAS 5.0 for ArmA 2, that error occurs on line 36 and line 70 of tpwcas\init.sqf in the diag_log calls.

Thanks for your diligence.

So is there an easy fix for this?

Because this mod and few others (ASR AI, STHUD, JSRS) has become pretty essential for myself and others.

Thanks for your diligence.

So is there an easy fix for this?

Because this mod and few others (ASR AI, STHUD, JSRS) has become pretty essential for myself and others.

Yes, it's a fairly easy fix. Here's one way to do it:

Change line 36 from

diag_log format ["%1 twpcas mode init check: tpwcas_mode = %2 - Server: [%3] - MP: [%4] - tpwcas_isHC: [%5] - isNil tpwcas_mode: [%6]", time, tpwcas_mode, isServer, isMultiPlayer, tpwcas_isHC, isNil "tpwcas_mode"];

to

diag_log format ["%1 twpcas mode init check: tpwcas_mode = %2 - Server: [%3] - MP: [%4] - tpwcas_isHC: [%5] - isNil tpwcas_mode: [%6]", time, if(isNil"tpwcas_mode")then{"nil"}else{tpwcas_mode}, isServer, isMultiPlayer, tpwcas_isHC, isNil "tpwcas_mode"];

Line 70 is changed into

diag_log format ["%1 tpwcas_mode = %2 - Server: [%3] - MP: [%4] - config: [%5] - isNil: [%6]", time, if (isNil "tpwcas_mode") then {"nil"} else {tpwcas_mode}, isServer, isMultiPlayer, getnumber(configfile>> "tpwcas_key_setting" >> "tpwcas_mode"), isNil "tpwcas_mode"];

That's the bug/quirk fix. (A nice feature would be to be able to turn off all the diagnostic logging that TPWCAS does.)

Thanks for replying so quickly.

So I opened tpwcas.pbo in my editor (Notepad++) and found the line you are referring to but it wasn't on line 36 but line 179.

Is that a problem?

For reference the tpwcas.pbo that I'm referring to is 136 KB, was created on 12 Dec 2012 and last modified on 7 Aug 2013.

BTW, there's also a reference to:

["%1 twpcas mode init check: tpwcas_mode = %2 - Server: [%3] - MP: [%4] - tpwcas_isHC: [%5] - isNil tpwcas_mode: [%6]", time,

in the Headless Client Check at line 3586.

So should this also be updated?

Finally, I found the second line, but once again it was not at line 70 but line 213.

Again is this a problem?

As you might expect, there's also a reference to:

diag_log format ["%1 tpwcas_mode = %2 - Server: [%3] - MP: [%4] - config: [%5] - isNil: [%6]", time,

in the Headless Client Check at line 3620.

So should this also be updated?

Yes, that is a problem. One cannot edit an addon by opening it in Notepad++ (or any other text editor for that matter) - even if you can see the script contents in there, saving that .pbo again will damage the addon.

An addon .pbo file is a kind of archive file with several files in it, so you have to unpack it first and edit the actual files instead.

There may be other places in the scripts in the TPWCAS addon where undefined variables are referenced, so it is my suggestion that the original addon makers review the scripts and fix any and all undefined variable references.

Edited by Killswitch