ollem

TPWCAS - TPWC AI Suppression System

Does tpwcas have some kind of randomization (I hope)? Especially: Do they always crouch/kneel at the exact same number of passing bullets or is there some random range? TIA!

I have a few more silly questions. I was using TPWCAS and not TPWLOS because I thought the embedded LOS addition was more of taking and updating the LOS addon. From what I can grasp from a few posts here, that's actually not true? The embedded LOS configuration only takes account of line of sight with the AI against a player and not globally like TPWLOS does? So in other words, TPWLOS takes into account line of sight with everything (player vs AI and AI vs AI), but the embedded version in TPWCAS only takes into account the player and the opposing AI (player vs AI, NOT INCLUDING AI vs AI)?

The other question I wanted to know was what is the main difference between enabling TPWCAS as Multiplayer or Dedicated Server? Does the former enable suppression globally and the latter forces it only with player vs AI?

The answer to both your questions is 'yes you are right"

Hi,

In arma3 you can use a suppressor and use same bullet as without suppressor. In the script the bullet detection is done by the type of magazine used to be silent. So actually using suppressor or not have both effect on AI detection.

Will you adapt the script to have the same possibility as before?

thx

the arma 3 version of this seems to get errors since the recent update anyone else having issues with that? and i know this is the arma 2 thread but arma 3 link doesn't seem to work.

the arma 3 version of this seems to get errors since the recent update anyone else having issues with that? and i know this is the arma 2 thread but arma 3 link doesn't seem to work.

if you are speaking about the dev branch, yes ihave a lot of error

I think the latter version of the A2 Beta also show more scripts errors from externally made mods.

Noticed an error or 2 with TPWC with the latest A2 beta.

Unfortunately no time to look into this. Will look at it 1st week of august

I think the latter version of the A2 Beta also show more scripts errors from externally made mods.

Noticed an error or 2 with TPWC with the latest A2 beta.

Not necessarily (since you didn't indicate what the errors were) anything Ollem could fix.

The more recent betas all dump a lot of 'undefined variable' errors into the RPT - see e.g. Dwarden's posts here & here; and only BI can fix that, as indeed they need to,

Not necessarily (since you didn't indicate what the errors were) anything Ollem could fix.

The more recent betas all dump a lot of 'undefined variable' errors into the RPT - see e.g. Dwarden's posts here & here; and only BI can fix that, as indeed they need to,

I think i should be able to fix it: it's just a matter of proper scripting which I thought I already did but seems I missed a few entries which require spme atention. Next week...

bdetect_projectile_array = [[GrenadeHandTimedWest, 15, 4.5, 50],[GrenadeBase, 15, 4.0, 1000],[shellBase, 40, 20, 7000],[RocketBase, 30, 10, 1000],[MissileBase, 20, 8, 2500],[bombCore, 40, 10, 1000]];

You have to define those variables in the line. I don't know where to begin on how to define them.

I believe I've fixed the errors.

NOTE: I've only verified on ArmA 3 Beta.

Please try the following updated script code:

tpwcas_a3_v02_script.zip

Please share feedback: if it works well I'll also release a mod version for A3.

That's some great news, can't wait for an addon version! Thanks for making Arma so much better!

That's what I was referring (undefined variable) - Just at the time my mind was blank as to the extra logging output for this type of behavior.

My logs for our main system are so huge at the time (well in to double digit GB logs) because of the various mods run (e.g. ACE, CBA, ACRE etc) that I couldn't open the file.

I'll try and grab some errors as/when I can and post them here.

Ollem, I tried the script, and i get a undefined variable error, I however used -nologs.... so i didnt get the error in my rpt. so ill run with out today and post up the error.

something about _dist.

I've seen the _dist related error message too and thought I fixed it (worked for me) but apparently not... I will investigate though part of the error rpt showing some details would certainly help

(i.E. the part with the exact line number and variable causing the issue)

Ollem - Some errors I've found which I believe are TPWCAS related within a log file from one of our servers running the latest A2 Beta's.

I beleive as we've spoken over Skype previously the last entries aren't related to TPWCAS but I thought I'd include it again as it seem its underneath 'File tpwcas\init.sqf, line 46'

"0 twpcas mode init check: tpwcas_mode = any - Server: [true] - MP: [true] - tpwcas_isHC: [false] - isNil tpwcas_mode: [true]"

"0 tpwcas_mode = any - Server: [true] - MP: [true] - config: [3] - isNil: [true]"

Error in expression <4] - config: [%5] - isNil: [%6]", time, tpwcas_mode, isServer, isMultiPlayer, ge>

Error position: <tpwcas_mode, isServer, isMultiPlayer, ge>

Error Undefined variable in expression: tpwcas_mode

File tpwcas\init.sqf, line 80

Error in expression < [%5] - isNil tpwcas_mode: [%6]", time, tpwcas_mode, isServer, isMultiPlayer, tp>

Error position: <tpwcas_mode, isServer, isMultiPlayer, tp>

Error Undefined variable in expression: tpwcas_mode

File tpwcas\init.sqf, line 46

Error in expression <sActivated = _timesActivated + 1

};

};

if (_mode) then

{

if (_timesActivated <>

Error position: <if (_mode) then

{

if (_timesActivated <>

Error if: Type Number, expected Bool

Should I find any other errors (most likely undefined variables) I'll post here.

[Added after posting]

"5.117 - TPWCAS 4.5 Initiated - tpwcas_mode: [3]"

"5.117 - TPWCAS supported version of ASR_AI found"

Error in expression <.015; };

bdetect_projectile_array = [[GrenadeHandTimedWest, 15, 4.5, 50],[Gren>

Error position: <GrenadeHandTimedWest, 15, 4.5, 50],[Gren>

Error Undefined variable in expression: grenadehandtimedwest

File tpwcas\tpwcas_bdetect.sqf, line 74

"11.621 - TPWCAS mainloop started"

"11.621 - TPWCAS 4.5 Active - tpwcas_mode: [3]"

Error in expression <ountMags;

if (_p < _needmax select 5 && _freeslots select 4 > 0) then {_nc set [>

Error position: <_freeslots select 4 > 0) then {_nc set [>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _freeslots

---

File tpwcas\tpwcas_bdetect.sqf, line 500

Error in expression < "_lastupos") then {

if (!_incontact && _unit getVariable ["tpwcas_supstate", 0]>

Error position: <_unit getVariable ["tpwcas_supstate", 0]>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _unit

---

Also found the '_dist' one | This particular undefined variable SPAM's my RPT file in a BIG way.

File tpwcas\tpwcas_bdetect.sqf, line 500

Error in expression < _time > bdetect_bullet_max_lifespan

|| _dist > bdetect_bullet_max_distance

|| s>

Error position: <_dist > bdetect_bullet_max_distance

|| s>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _dist

Edited by LondonLad

related to the _dist messages: could you please try to remove the slashes ("//") around line 513 in tpwcas_bdetect.sqf to see if that solves the_dist errors?

so change

[ _msg, 4 ] call bdetect_fnc_debug;
		};
//		}
//		else
//		{
//			_dist = 0;
//			_bpos = [0,0,0];
	};

if( isNull _bullet

to:

[ _msg, 4 ] call bdetect_fnc_debug;
		};
	}
	else
	{
		_dist = 0;
		_bpos = [0,0,0];
	};

if( isNull _bullet

Where would I find that Ollem as I'm using the 'mod' itself and can only see a PBO within?

Please note that I am using this on A2 (latest Beta) - tpwcas v4.5

Where would I find that Ollem as I'm using the 'mod' itself and can only see a PBO within?

Please note that I am using this on A2 (latest Beta) - tpwcas v4.5

Sorry - haven't updated the a2 mod yet... this is just for the A3 beta script in the link a few posts above.

(though the updated A3 script might work in A2 too I haven't checked)

Sorry - haven't updated the a2 mod yet... this is just for the A3 beta script in the link a few posts above.

(though the updated A3 script might work in A2 too I haven't checked)

Copy that - I'll keep an eye out for the A2 update :)

Hi Ollem

I'm getting the game locking up completely with cannot open object ca\data\cl_basic.p3d. I think it's related to the smoke used for find cover stuff. PM sent.

Grabbed the exact error message. It doesn't appear right away, but after a firefight has been going on for a bit.

http://i.imgur.com/eipqAWs.png

---------- Post added at 09:34 ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 ----------

Seems it was fixed with a simple _dist = 0. I just put it in ata line 589.

Made a few more changes which should (hopefully) eliminate all the error messages:

TPWCAS ArmA 3 Beta script version: tpwcas_a3_v03_script.zip (==> UPDATE: link removed due to errors in code)

Made a few more changes which should (hopefully) eliminate all the error messages:

E.g.

Fixed the _dist error reported by Tinter

Due to a change in 'smoke generation' in Arma 3, I completely removed the debug smoke entries.

So no more debug smoke for 'find cover' and no smoke for Civilians running away.

This should fix the reported cannot open object ca\data\cl_basic.p3d error messages.

Edited by Ollem

Made a few more changes which should (hopefully) eliminate all the error messages

Nice ! Thanks! ;)