ollem

TPWCAS - TPWC AI Suppression System

@Ollem

- can you make the suppression script itself FPS sensible too please?

- it would help gain FPS on lower end systems during intense battle

This is already embedded in the bullet detection framework made by Fabrizio_T for a long time :-)

In case FPS drops below 15 FPS gradually the bullet monitoring frequency drops to save system resources.

(going from 0.1 second interval to up to 2.0 second interval)

Please read following link for some details: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?136304-TPWC-AI-suppression-system&p=2183527&viewfull=1#post2183527

I also did some testing with 150 vs 150 Ai - in about 15 mins some 30000 bullets were detected, and only after increasing AI number to more then 400 the server FPS dropped below 15...

This was with enabled debug balls and AI spawned with MCC using UPSMON..

does tpwcas and tpwlos conflict with robalo's ASR_AI or can i launch it at the same time?

It's mentioned several times in the readme. E.g.:

* Robalo for helping to make his incredible ASR_AI skills addon and TPWCAS work nicely together, :-)

Updated Release:

Download: tpwcas4.5.zip (last update 22-02-2012)

Change log version 4.5:

- New: fully automatic detection and support of HeadLess client

- New: 'find cover' function has been made FPS aware too: below configurable server FPS threshold (default 17 FPS) find cover function will be skipped to save some CPU for more important tasks

new usercondig file entry: // 19 AI SEARCH COVER REQUIRED MINIMAL SERVER FPS, ELSE PROCESS IS SKIPPED

tpwcas_getcover_minfps = 17;

- Update: updated bullet detection framework based on Fabrizio_T's latest bDetect v0.76 framework.

- Update: tpwcas_mode = 5 (forced disable of tpwcas) will become 'tpwcas_mode = 0' ('tpwcas_mode = 5' will be deprecated*)

- Update: embedded 'tpwlos' will be disabled by default and can be switched on by changing setting in userconfig file

- Fixed: all hint commands will be optional and by request have been replaced by hintsilent

- Fixed: other really minor changes

Full Readme: readme_tpwcasv4.5.txt

Updated Release:

Download: tpwcas4.5.zip (last update 22-02-2012)

Change log version 4.5:

- New: fully automatic detection and support of HeadLess client

- New: 'find cover' function has been made FPS aware too: below configurable server FPS threshold (default 17 FPS) find cover function will be skipped to save some CPU for more important tasks

new usercondig file entry: // 19 AI SEARCH COVER REQUIRED MINIMAL SERVER FPS, ELSE PROCESS IS SKIPPED

tpwcas_getcover_minfps = 17;

- Update: updated bullet detection framework based on Fabrizio_T's latest bDetect v0.76 framework.

- Update: tpwcas_mode = 5 (forced disable of tpwcas) will become 'tpwcas_mode = 0' ('tpwcas_mode = 5' will be deprecated*)

- Update: embedded 'tpwlos' will be disabled by default and can be switched on by changing setting in userconfig file

- Fixed: all hint commands will be optional and by request have been replaced by hintsilent

- Fixed: other really minor changes

Full Readme: readme_tpwcasv4.5.txt

thanks Ollem and Fabrizio_T for hard work this mod, war becomes more real with these modes (addons)

Thanks a million mate. Looking forward to testing it this weekend!

Thank you for the update!

One quick question: why have you decided to switch off tpwlos by default? Was it too much of a resource hog?

thanks for the update! 8) Miss supression text debugging though. Was quite useful for testing purposes. Is it just all rem´ed out, or completely removed from the scripts? (I´m using script version)

Many thanks for the new version.

But I'm a bit confused regarding the status of TPW LOS.

I understand that the embedded version has been disabled per default, and that it only checks line of sight from AI to the player.

But what about the stand alone version?

What is the latest release? Do you recommend to still use it? Do you still work on it?

I have the impression it has been neglected a bit recently.

I understand that the embedded version has been disabled per default, and that it only checks line of sight from AI to the player.

What is the latest release? Do you recommend to still use it? Do you still work on it?

mode 1: Single Player (determined automatically in case of SP usage)

and userconfig\tpwcas in tpwcas_v2.hpp , change tpwcas_los_enable = 0 , on tpwcas_los_enable = 1

i think

thanks for the update! 8) Miss supression text debugging though. Was quite useful for testing purposes. Is it just all rem´ed out, or completely removed from the scripts? (I´m using script version)

It can be still used if you want:

copy the file "tpwcas_textdebug.sqf" from previous version.

In 'tpwcas\tpwcas_mainloop.sqf' uncomment:

Line 51: //if ( (tpwcas_textdebug > 0) && !(isMultiPlayer) ) then

Line 53: // [_unit,tpwcas_textdebug] spawn tpwcas_fnc_textdebug;

in 'tpwcas\tpwcas_init.sqf uncomment'

Line 204: //if(isServer || isNil "tpwcas_textdebug") then {

Line 205: // tpwcas_textdebug = 0;

Line 250: //call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "tpwcas\tpwcas_textdebug.sqf"; //text debugging => DEPRECATED

Line 291: //tpwcas_textdebug = 0; => DEPRECATED

Set line 205 'tpwcas_textdebug = 0' to required value.

While there seems to be interest I will re-add in next release

---------- Post added at 18:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

With a larger number of players there may be impact.

Also the embedded tpwlos only works for players who are in LOS, not AI vs AI.

If you want enable it manually by editing the userconfig file

The original TPWLOS (which works for both AI vs Ai and player vs AI) can be used if the embedded one is disabled.

It can be still used if you want:

copy the file "tpwcas_textdebug.sqf" from previous version.

In 'tpwcas\tpwcas_mainloop.sqf' uncomment:

Line 51: //if ( (tpwcas_textdebug > 0) && !(isMultiPlayer) ) then

Line 53: // [_unit,tpwcas_textdebug] spawn tpwcas_fnc_textdebug;

in 'tpwcas\tpwcas_init.sqf uncomment'

Line 204: //if(isServer || isNil "tpwcas_textdebug") then {

Line 205: // tpwcas_textdebug = 0;

Line 250: //call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "tpwcas\tpwcas_textdebug.sqf"; //text debugging => DEPRECATED

Line 291: //tpwcas_textdebug = 0; => DEPRECATED

Set line 205 'tpwcas_textdebug = 0' to required value.

While there seems to be interest I will re-add in next release

---------- Post added at 18:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:59 ----------

Thanks! I´ll try that out! :) (Edit: Worked!) I´m mostly interested in mission design (for i44) and the visual text debug helps alot on setting up the AI, its reactions (under fire) and finding probable weapon stats problems from the mod.

Maybe more something to ask Robalo (ASR AI) for, is it possible to implement the AI to dive down to full cover (on the spot) while reloading magazines and popping up again, when finished? I.e a soldier behind a window shoots from "middle" and then goes "down" to reload, popping up to "middle" again thereafter. 8)

Edited by RknHarry

With a larger number of players there may be impact.

Also the embedded tpwlos only works for players who are in LOS, not AI vs AI.

If you want enable it manually by editing the userconfig file

The original TPWLOS (which works for both AI vs Ai and player vs AI) can be used if the embedded one is disabled.

Good to know! Perhaps you should place this explanation in the first post of this thread as it does clarify the situation with tpwlos.

Thanks for the update! Haven't had a chance to try it yet but looking forward to doing it...

/KC

Thanks for the update! Haven't had a chance to try it yet but looking forward to doing it...

/KC

KeyCay, yes you have tried it! On each time you played on a CiA coop night ;) We run TPWCAS since its release.

Edited by Variable

Hi All,

Apologies if I'm being a complete goon here but I can't get this version to work.

Previously we have been running V3.04 on our domination maps called via the d_init with null=[] execvm "tpwcas\tpwcas.sqf";

When the mission starts it reports that its running in a hint box in the top right.

I installed version 4.5 in folder in the mission called tpwcas and called it using null = [] execvm "tpwcas\tpwcas_script_init.sqf"

When I start the mission I do not get any hint box telling me its running and it does not appear to work (unloaded 100 rounds with the Mod0...no effect!)

I'm not a guru of these matters so I have probably missed something in the read me. It does mention modes and I tried using the in the null = [] bit to no avail.

I'd really appreciate some help as I'd like to update, even though 3.04 works well.

Many thanks

H3rm1t

KeyCay, yes you have tried it! On each time you played on a CiA coop night ;) We run TPWCAS since its release.

Hi Var! Yes, I know it's used @ CiA what I meant was that I havn't tried the new 4.5 version that was released 130222 - last CiA session I had was 130219 ;)

See you tomorrow!

/KC

Hi All,

Apologies if I'm being a complete goon here but I can't get this version to work.

Previously we have been running V3.04 on our domination maps called via the d_init with null=[] execvm "tpwcas\tpwcas.sqf";

When the mission starts it reports that its running in a hint box in the top right.

I installed version 4.5 in folder in the mission called tpwcas and called it using null = [] execvm "tpwcas\tpwcas_script_init.sqf"

When I start the mission I do not get any hint box telling me its running and it does not appear to work (unloaded 100 rounds with the Mod0...no effect!)

I'm not a guru of these matters so I have probably missed something in the read me. It does mention modes and I tried using the in the null = [] bit to no avail.

I'd really appreciate some help as I'd like to update, even though 3.04 works well.

Many thanks

H3rm1t

You've missed a little change in how to call the script:

Call it with: null = [<tpwcas mode value>] execvm "tpwcas\tpwcas_script_init.sqf", in your init.sqf or in the init of any object on the map.

E.g.: [3] execVM "tpwcas\tpwcas_script_init.sqf";

TPWCAS Modes:

-------------

* tpwcas_mode 1: Both player and all available AI will be subject to suppression as well as TPW LOS, and be able to trigger suppression

- Single Player mode - automatically set

* tpwcas_mode 2: Multiplayer mode - All available AI and players will be subject to suppression as well as TPW LOS, and be able to trigger suppression.

- Multiplayer mode - requires setting parameter in userconfig file

- Requires tpwcas on both server and all players system (may include HC as well).

- Bullet detection framework active on both server and client pc's, to allow suppression of player and AI local to each system.

- Embedded TPW LOS will check Line of Sight for all AI and players

- Auto detection for Headless Client mode: in combination with tpwcas_mode 2 server mode this mode will activate both player and AI triggered suppression for any AI local to HC

* tpwcas_mode 3: Supposed to be used for AI suppression by player shot bullets only. TPW LOS is only active for players who are in Line Of Sight to enemy AI.

- Multiplayer mode - default MP setting, does not require setting parameter in userconfig file

- Recommended setting for MP coop versus enemy AI.

- No client needed (if available at client tpwcas will be automatically deactivated on that client).

- There will be no player suppression (i.E. no camshake and no visual blur)

- Any friendly AI local to player (= member of players group) will not be subject to suppression, nor will trigger AI suppression

- Friendly AI local to server (= not member of players group) will be subject to player friendly fire suppression, but will not trigger AI suppression

- Embedded TPW LOS will check only if enemy AI has Line of Sight to any player (so not for AI versus AI)

- Auto detection for Headless Client mode: in combination with tpwcas_mode 3 server mode this mode will activate player triggered suppression for any AI local to HC

* tpwcas_mode 0: Disable tpwcas mod

- if TPWCAS is set to 0 (disabled) in userconfig, mission makers can overrule by placing a 'TPWCAS module' on the map to enable TPWCAS mode 2 or 3 for specific mission

- if TPWCAS is set to enabled in userconfig, mission makers can overrule by placing a 'TPWCAS module' on the map to disable TPWCAS mode (set to 0) for specific mission

Quick question there Ollem. Im going to be running a locally hosted mission soon and am planning on using TPWCAS.

I have edited my config file to

// 22 TPWCAS MODE: if not specified will switch to '1' for SP and '3' for MP games

// Remove '//' in front of 'tpwcas_mode'to activate the setting:

// mode 0: forced setting to disable tpwcas completely: e.g. set tpwcas_mode = 0; in init of mission to disable.

// mode 1: Single Player (determined automatically in case of SP usage)

// mode 2: Multiplayer (automatic default MP value for either locally hosted or dedicated server,

// full funcionality in combination with required tpwcas mod client on each player pc

// mode 3: Dedicated server coop play mode - only player shot bullets will suppress AI local to server

//

// DEPRECATED: mode 4: Headless client: (experimental) special manual mode setting to enable AI suppression by player shot bullets local to HC

// DEPRECATED: mode 5: Manual mode to disable tpwcas completely: e.g. set tpwcas_mode = 5; in init of mission to disable.

tpwcas_mode = 2;

If I am understanding everything correctly, every player will be able to suppress (npc's) and npc's will be able to suppress players.

I mainly have two questions.

Am I correct in thinking that everyone will need @tpwcas?

Does everyone need to edit their config file or just the host?

Thanks in advance!

^ Yes everyone will need the mod if you want all AI as well as players to be affected by suppression. If you run it on the server only it will affect server-controlled AI only

The server's config file settings will overwrite the client config settings.. so just change the server one :p

need help

// 1 DELAY BEFORE SUPPRESSION FUNCTIONS START. ALLOWS TIME FOR OTHER MODS TO INITIALISE ETC.

tpwcas_sleep = 5;

is that 5 minutes? so after 5 mins the script is being initialized? cause for some reason i can't get it working, enable debug to see if it works..nothing.. i put an object into the editor, added the init. No clue.. if that's 5mins that i know why it's not working.. it's script version btw. ..copied the folder into my mission folder

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

nope.. it's 5 seconds only.

You copied the scripts to your mission folder.

How do you actualy start it?

you need to somehow start tpwcas by e.g. put it in the init of some unit (check readme)

Else you may want ot check the arma log file for tpwcas related messages.

nope.. it's 5 seconds only.

You copied the scripts to your mission folder.

How do you actualy start it?

you need to somehow start tpwcas by e.g. put it in the init of some unit (check readme)

Else you may want ot check the arma log file for tpwcas related messages.

Hey Ollem, how does the latest TPWCAS handle HC clients? Should the mod be run on the dedicated server, on the HC, or on both?