Sign in to follow this  
Rob_Mayall

Announcement : Currahee MOD

Hi everyone,

I'm proud to present the announcement of the Currahee MOD this mod will focus on the 506th Parachute Infantery Regiment (PIR) during World War 2. This mod won't focus on the forces of the d-day invasion but more on the training stuff like :

PT gear

HBT uniform

M-1942 Jumpsuit (not reinforced)

M-1942 Jumpsuit (not reinforced team red (Training))

M-1942 Jumpsuit (not reinforced team blue(Training))

Class-A

HBT uniform jumptraining

it also will add some vehicles and aircraft

like the :

Douglac DC-3 C-47 Skytrain/Dakota (US Army Air force version and Sicily version)

and like the:

Jeep Willys

Dodge

Dodge Ambulance

GMC truck

GMC truck open

Harley Davidson Liberator

Cushman Airborne Scooter

and static weapons

like the:

75mm Pack Howitzer

m1919a3

m1919a6

m2 mortar

m2 Anti-tank Cannon

and the following maps:

Camp Toccoa, Georgia

Fort Benning

Camp Mackal, NC

New York

Upottery Airfield, England

Normandy Region, France (including : Ste Mere Eglise, Carentan, Ste Marie du-Mont, Brecourt Manor and some others small Villages)

This should give you some ideas what the MOD is going to look like(look at the unifroms and vehicles in the movie these will be in the MOD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_nnNmRcnLU

any Volunteers who want to help with the mod can send me a PM

Edited by Rob_Mayall

as a fellow dutch i cant resist to show everybody anutter style of presentation :

come with content first or proof of concept before spilling out whishlists

like for instance : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?96563-Wx_ww2

The way this is presented is prone to the featurecreepingcreature, beware of the beast !!

Greetz and welcome to the Golden Age, Waxbutter - WhiteWolf

I actually started modelling some 700 and 800 series WWII barracks and cantonment structures. At Camp Toccoa, GA, they used something called "Theatre" buildings, the ones that were one floor wood frame houses covered with tar paper and canvas. Depending on how far you get, I'd like to donate some of the buildings.

As for the other stuff, you're talking about a lot of work on soldier models for the HBTs and 42's....well mostly the HBTs since I don't even think I44 has any of those in it's pack.

I'm a WWII Able Company, 1st Battalion, 502nd PIR, 101st Airborne Division reenactor, and love any mods that are willing to portray it from training to actual missions. Good Luck.

s

Hi Rob,

I'm a fan of the 506th, and own the movie series.

Just a question though, What is your intent with the mod, I mean all the training stuff, are you going to design missions where folks are going to

train within the concept of the mod, or is it for Allied WW2 Realism units?

whats the purpose of it?

Hi Rob,

I'm a fan of the 506th, and own the movie series.

Just a question though, What is your intent with the mod, I mean all the training stuff, are you going to design missions where folks are going to

train within the concept of the mod, or is it for Allied WW2 Realism units?

whats the purpose of it?

The purpose of the mod is that we just make it for realism units who use the i44 MOD so they can RP BEFORE the fight also you will get more experience of combat by the maps in this MOD. Currahee!

BR

Rob

NEWSLETTER:

I;m going to send a PM to the moderators of the Band of Brothers MOD (I am not sure if the mod is still alive the last WIP picture was in 2008) but if it is we could work together this could mean that mod will go faster and that we not only are going to make training maos and objects but also are going to make the German sides. Currahee!

BR

Rob.

I'd suggest contacting the Fields of War mod. They already have a giant 150x150km terrain of Normandy that includes part of England and the English Channel, and both sides would benefit...

Just curious, what capabilities do you have on your own, as far as modelling/scripting/texturing/V3 experience, etc.

I;m going to send a PM to the moderators of the Band of Brothers MOD

I dont recall ever seeing any such mod in the Arma community here, you have a link?

I dont recall ever seeing any such mod in the Arma community here, you have a link?

LOL Günter you were the last who posted in the thread, and Wolle got mad after that, sry for ot but it was funny for me. (Please don't get me wrong Günter)

I wish you all the best Currahee MOD Team, I am curious for the first screens of your work.

Lol, ya that was back in 2009 when I first started on the forums here, but tbh its been some time since then and I had totally forgot about that mod.

Just to think that same year I started the WarMod Series in November ;)

Anyways back on topic.

NEWSLETTER

here is som einfo about the "Currahee MOD" the Currahee MOD is not going to be some guys making some cool stuff for ArmA II but we are going to try to make everything as original as possible for some maps we are going to make our own houses like the "cafe de Normandie" In carentan

cafe_de_NORMANDIE.jpg

We are still looking for 3D artists who want to help so if you want to join the team send me a PM

and as last if you have any requests for unifroms or vehicles or maybe even maps tell them to me on this forum

Currahee!

BR

Rob

How many members do you have so far?

at the moment we have 3 members so very small but we are still reruiting

Currahee!

BR

Rob

Nevermind. My mother always said if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all.

Abs

I'd suggest contacting the Fields of War mod. They already have a giant 150x150km terrain of Normandy that includes part of England and the English Channel, and both sides would benefit...

Just curious, what capabilities do you have on your own, as far as modelling/scripting/texturing/V3 experience, etc.

I have the fields of war MOD and just don't really like the map because I want to make the towns correct so use google maps and stuff instead of randomly place building like they did that's why I am going to make a medeium map for normandy and a seperate map for England and a seperate for the states so... I also want to make the MOD with the team so that it's orginal Currahee!

BR

Rob

Is the cafe actually what you have already produced for the mod, or it's just to show what you're planning?

I have the fields of war MOD and just don't really like the map because I want to make the towns correct so use google maps and stuff instead of randomly place building like they did that's why I am going to make a medeium map for normandy and a seperate map for England and a seperate for the states so... I also want to make the MOD with the team so that it's orginal Currahee!

BR

Rob

I wouldn't use Google maps since so much has changed since World War II. I would look for old aerial recon photos of places. I had found a very good one for Saint Mere-Eglise about 5 years ago (but haven't been able to find it since). It might be the better approach if you can find them (example). Also, looking at maps from the game Close Combat: The Longest Day might be beneficial. They are obviously from a game but some of their maps have looked pretty accurate to me or at the very least believable.

Is the cafe actually what you have already produced for the mod, or it's just to show what you're planning?

Hi Topas

just what we're planning it's going to be a little bit different as we are going to make it the door is going to be in the front and the roof will be different

BR Rob

@ Jakerod I don't mean like use google earth but for Example Ste Mere Eglise if you look at the fields of war MOD ( 31st Normandy MOD) Ste mere Eglise doesn't have like a town center like the real ste Mere Eglise (Been there and I've seen the pictures of back then

BR

Rob

Well, the version of that mod (Which is several years old, and isn't actually called FoW, but 31st Normandy (because it's such an old version)) that is publicly available right now is very old, and they have done a whole lot of work on it since. Their mod has been in production for at least 4 years, and is very far along even taking into account them having to rework a bunch of their models. Their map is very realistic and will be as historically accurate as possible.

Just a heads up, you're looking at a 2-4 year project here, maybe longer. You may be better off doing it for ArmA III.

I'm happy to see a project with ambition, but be careful about getting in over your head. It's very easy to get sucked into large projects that end up dying.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6
typos

Hi everyone,

in the follwing few weeks I;m probally going to meet another Arma II Modder who is going to help me with some of the softwares so the the MOD might go fatser because I will try to spend at least 3 hours a day on this mod

BR

Rob