Sign in to follow this  
MAVEN

Re-do terrain maps?

I recently out of shear accident saw a video of DayZ gameplay where Admin Control Panel is shown up.

The video itself was boring, what caught my attention was the terrain mapping on that admin panel. Those terrain maps look gorgeous and not only good to stare at but very helpful.

The map features full city/town names in English as well as Russian, and terrain hills and valleys can be clearly seen, which I must admit would be very handy on planning an attack and not worrying did you guess the height numbers estimation and is it hill/valley correctly.

DayZ is already free to play, so is there a chance that ArmA 2 players get this cool looking terrain map added in next patch? At least for Chernarus? Anyone else thinks this is a good idea?

Well if you want anyone to support anything you gotta show & tell man, not just tell if you know what I mean

I would so not link this, but oh well.

Take a look, the map in the panel, wouldn't be awesome to have that in A2 default map?

yeah that would be a great default map. I would also like to see an admin menu similar to this. @ 4:24 is where the problem comes in... he's using the program to cheat. ie; give himself any possible weapon when he spawns in? LOL wtf is that?

I have that map... as in physical one... that comes with ARMA X. I agree, the map is more useful in terms the terrain height. Easier to tell low ground and high ground. Sorry, I'm suck at reading contour lines.

As for making in default ingame map, I'm not sure....

I thought the map prints come only in certain ArmA X releases. Sounds like a neat addon.

Is there a way to purchase just the map/maps? Because, that would be even better than in-game map.

Thanks W0lle!

ArmA X sounds like a great deal along this map collection. The standalone is good as well but I already need a new copy of OA (gave old one to a friend) so AX will do the trick, I didn't know that there's a mappack (8 maps, I thought there was just Chernarus one) coming with the X version, now I do:)

...8 maps, I thought there was just Chernarus one...

It's five maps and eight postcards:

Chernarus Map Collection contains:

• PRINTED MAPS OF CHERNARUS, SAHRANI, TAKISTAN, SHAPUR AND PROVING GROUNDS
  • 8 UNIQUE POSTCARDS FEATURING GAME ARTWORKS

dunno why BIS not integrated both Bulldozer and vistitor WITHIN game, just to be part of already present maps/missions editor[another tabs in it, for example]?

maybe, just like how they did with PhysX - to sell it tripple times ? first as Arma2, then as VBS2, and then as Arma3. each time consumers get "little less crippled" remnats of developers fruits, severely lagged behind BIS development upstream. oh and not forget numerous "add-ons"/expansions, which supposed to be "better" but in fact are inferior in all respects to vanilla Arma2, sadly :[

its "just business, baby" ©. dirty one.

Edited by BasileyOne

just like how they did with PhysX - to sell it tripple times ? first as Arma2, then as VBS2, and then as Arma3.

Last I checked, there was no PhysX in ArmA2...

Or are you just making things up to make things seem "worse" than they are?

Last I checked, there was no PhysX in ArmA2...

Or are you just making things up to make things seem "worse" than they are?

EXACTLY !!

they enabled/included PyscX in long-time selling VBS2.

built on same engine as Arma2.

EXACTLY !!

VBS2 is a different branch of the RV engine. Implementing PhysX there doesn't mean it must also be in Arma2, and it certainly doesn't mean they're "selling it to you tripple times" [sic].

VBS is combat simulator for commercial use.

ArmA is tactical shooter for public use.

So while VBS does indeed lack on graphics VBS has a lot of functionality, something 99% of ArmA players don't actually need, ArmA series on the other hand have better graphics, animations, effects, etc, and all of those are resource hungry things, so you can't expect to have all the super neat eye candy and functionality in a game that can't run on highest settings possible on all consumer machines (today many do run A2 with mods on highest settings, but how about A3?)

VBS - Functionality, simulation and emulation, for military.

ArmA - Tactical shooter, education, entertainment, for public.

The two shouldn't be compared.

err, no. PhysX was first implemented in VBS2 1.22, which is based on [but not the same as] ArmA1.

This implementation was then ported forwards to VBS2 2.0, which IS based on [but not the same as] ArmA2.

Yes, and the "they" who implemented it are not the same people who work on the game.

This has been explained like 254734683274523941 times over the last few years, but if its still not sinking in, then there is no hope for you.

Continue to live in your paranoid world of delusion, thinking that BI have magically implemented everything across all their different products and are purposefully holding back features in order to sell them to you "again" in the future.

This is, however, wildly off topic.