Sign in to follow this  
MAVEN

MVD Mission Pack

Keep adding missions to this pack?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Keep adding missions to this pack?

• Yes.
    • No.

mvdmp.jpg

Just as the name implies. MVD Mission Pack is a set of missions that are focused on CQC/CQB, MVD units and tactics rarely ever seen in ArmA 2.

The missions in this pack are heavily centered towards tactical teamplay and rely heavily on players actions, which means there are no final objectives, no extra notifications, instead, players have to double check their actions, decide whether an objective is completed or not and judge their final outcome.

I would also like to note that this mission pack contains violent scenery, thus I don't recommend it for anyone bellow 21 years old.

What's included?
[TEAM][11][MVD] Trapdoor

In short - Prepare a trap for several high warranted suspects and neutralize them.

Briefly -

After months of tracking, secret police decided to neutralize several wanted suspects who are believed to be heavily armed and involved in several criminal acts including robbery, drug and gun trafficking, slavery,prostitution, falsification and fraud.

Intel says that the suspects in question are trying to flee Chernarus, which only brings to a conclusion that this has to be resolved before suspects escape.

It's early morning, so expect lots of civilians that are either returning from their night shifts or going to work. The suspects know this, and they will try to use it to their own advantage to sneak undetected in their civilian vehicles and outfit.

Weather is good, you are well equipped and prepared for this task. Take your time, plan your Execution well and put those suspects off the streets for good.

Features:

-A mission based on real life event that took place in 2010.

-More than 10 custom sound effects of which, 4 songs (For car audio systems) 4 radio Comms, 2 telephone calls.

-Complex and rarely seen MVD tactics applied and briefly introduced to players in Notes>Execution field.

-11 player session with 4 sub teams and one leader.

-Dynamic traffic.

-Random suspect behavior.

Removed content:

-Advanced scripts and some audio effects, for testing purposes.

[TEAM][04][MVD] Barricaded Suspects

In short - Resolve a hostage situation that went terribly wrong.

Briefly -

This one is a mess.

After a successful Elektrozavodsk bank robbery, several armed individuals fled towards Chernogorsk, robbed yet another bank and several stores nearby.

The local police was quick to respond, however the bank robers managed not only to find a way out and start fleeing but also take many hostages and steal several vehicles as well.

A reckless chase ensued, and the suspects dozed towards Balota town. What they didn't expect was a police patrol heading right from Balota itself. This forced the fleeing suspects to go offroad and find their way into a compound at Balota airfield.

Police officers surrounded the suspects and demanded that they surrender. Suspects obviously didn't want to and started firing at the officers who returned fire and shot one of the suspects dead.

This is where everything got out of control.

All of the suspects returned fire, suppressing police officers right behind their already shreded vehicles. The suspects moved towards their main vehicle, a V3S truck, and pulled it's load out, moving it right in the compound they previously put hostages into.

Few minutes later, several suspects ran right out in the front, and to everyones surprise opened fire from assault rifles, killing police officers who were now outgunned and several hostages that tried to escape.

The remaining group of police officers fell back. Media was already abuzz about the event. They contacted higher officials who did not waste time and called in MVD to resolve this situation.

A FOB was set, and first negotiations took place with no good results. Namely the now-classified-as terrorists want huge sums of money and a secure escape route before they release any of the hostages. With their offer being rejected, they started executing hostages one by one each 30 minutes.

There is no other option left. MVD Alpha and Bravo teams were called in to resolve this situation quickly and with no further discussion.

Features:

-Fast paced teamplay for 4 players.

-Over 20 custom sound effects of which 8 are radio comms, 6 are custom ambientals

-Simplified but rarely seen and used MVD tactics.

-Semi-Dynamic play.

Removed content:

-Advanced scripts and some audio material.

-Violent animations.

-Some violent sound effects.

WARNING:

Although softened down, this mission still contains violent scenery unlike any other within the pack. Do not play it if you are under 21.

MVD Mission Pack 1.5 Public Beta Download

MVD Trapdoor PBO size - 1.91 MB (2,006,602 bytes)

MVD Barricaded Suspects PBO size - 2.96 MB (3,114,042 bytes)

Requirements - Designed to fit most players requirements. A copy of ArmA 2, ArmA 2 CO or ArmA 2 Free will do the job. If you can run A2 decently, don't worry about system requirements for this pack.

Single Player versions - This pack currently does not, but will have SP versions of most if not all missions within this pack. The reason why there's no SP version right now is because this was a rushed release and I still need feedback and to do lots of improvements on the missions that are WIP. So, once the missions on pb are tested by community, I will fix what's broken and make SP versions then publish.

To be added in future:

*May be changed over time, intel bellow is for informational purposes only.

MVD Bust - Track down a drug and weapons dealer and neutralize him and his associates.

MVD Chase - Chase down, stop and neutralize fleeing suspects.

MVD Station - Find sufficient amount of intel and then arrest or neutralize suspects that are hiding among the crowd in a busy bus or train station.

MVD Hunt - Find fleeing suspects with little or no intel over wast areas and neutralize them.

MVD King Pin - Suppress and neutralize trapped suspects with heavy tactical support.

MVD Arguments - Solve a domestic dispute that went over the line.

Perhaps some more. However, there is no guarantee that any of these missions will see the light of the day. They are WIP however, and their publishment depends on how well this pack is accepted by community, in other words, if people want more missions, they will be made and published.

Changelog:

1.5pb

-First public beta MVD Mission Pack release.

-Added stickers.

--------

1.4a

-Prepared first MVD Mission Pack bundle for public beta release.

-Further tuned violence down in the missions, most notably in MVD Barricaded Suspects.

-Improved audio quality.

--------

1.3a

-Improved all pack missions.

-Created first bundle.

-Added brief information.

-Added mission publisher.

-Removed several advanced scripts and violent animations.

--------

1.2a

-Added audio effects to MVD Trapdoor and MVD Barricaded suspects.

-Numerous fixes.

-Completed third alpha tests.

--------

1.1a

-Improved MVD Trapdoor with numerous fixes.

-Created MVD Barricaded Suspects.

-Completed second alpha tests.

--------

1.0a

-Started MVD Pack project.

-Created MVD Trapdoor.

-Completed first alpha tests.

You can contribute, and here's how:

If you are a scripter. Send me a link to your scripts that do the following.

1. Arrest individuals.

2. Stun individuals.

3. Simulate gas grenades.

4. Simulate Breaching equipment.

5. Simulate advanced behavior such as surrendering or hostage taking.

6. Any other tactical script I could use.

And you will be credited along the pack itself.

Last but not least, this entire pack should become best MVD collection available for ArmA 2. I Hope you enjoy this release, and make sure to check from time to time for updates. I also appreciate any feedback, so do feel free to give your criticism and/or report bugs and wishes.

Cheers!

MVD Mission Pack 1.5 Public Beta Download

Small update.

Few minor bugs detected in Barricaded Suspects where Alpha signals clearance on mission start or without actually finishing their task. I will fix this in next release. If you encounter it, play on, it wont cause any negative effect on overall mission objectives.

Also, I would like to note that after first beta tests (on a live server) I found out that most people can't figure out what they should do or how they should play. MVD Mission Pack is designed to demonstrate, teach and use tactics that players aren't used to in ArmA 2. So if you find these missions confusing, read all notes again and practice a bit.

Looks promising. I'm gonna check!

Thanks, hope you like them.

Bear in mind they are unfinished and that there should be a lot better missions to come within this pack.

Have fun :)

бро, зачетные миÑÑии! Maybe you could even do, something similar to King Nothing's Dynamic Campaign? Would be quite lovely that! Keep up!

бро, зачетные миÑÑии! Maybe you could even do, something similar to King Nothing's Dynamic Campaign? Would be quite lovely that! Keep up!

СпÑ! Can you send me a link to this campaign in PM? I will take a look, but can't promise anything though. I still need to get hold of some nice scripts for the pack to fully utilize their tactical gameplay.

Cheers :)

конечно, ща вÑе будет ;). Sure, just a moment.

конечно, ща вÑе будет ;). Sure, just a moment.

Got the link, thanks. Sounds like a fun campaign indeed. Something I like.

I will try it out.

Anyway to get back to the topic and answer. The editor is still very new to me actually, to be able to create a brief campaign that is also MP compatible I need more experience with the editor 1st. As time goes by, I will learn new things and eventually update my missions or create a campaign some day.

MVD Mission Pack is semi dynamic. At the moment, MVD Trapdoor has random traffic and random suspect arrivals, in future there will be more randomness, and MVD Barricaded Suspects has random amount of suspects as well as interior objects. The missions I plan to add to the pack in future will be random as well. So in a way, since these missions are fast paced I did add some replayability value to them, not too much dynamic play but just sufficient.

Most of the inspiration I found for this pack was drawn by real life events, videos, witness reports, researches, but also some personal experience and over many years tactical play of SWAT 4 (2 years MP, and over 4-5 SP) which is a tactical shooter I strongly recommend to people who like this pack :)

yes, swat was of my games from childhood, handcuffing everyone on sight, no matter what :D. Good luck with getting familiar with editor. :)

yes, swat was of my games from childhood, handcuffing everyone on sight, no matter what :D. Good luck with getting familiar with editor. :)

S4 is bigger nowadays, lots of tactical players out there.

Anyway, thanks :)

what amazes me even more about arma, you can simulate nearly any game out there lol, from race games, to rts. 8)

Indeed, that's why I choose A2 for the MVD Mission Pack. Sure A2 lacks some cqb functionality, but it has almost everything needed to display some of the MVD techniques used ;)

Oh, by the way, I was asked by several users what is MVD about. Without going to write a smaller book I will put it the simplest way possible - Look at MVD as like to SWAT units except that they also protect government and do a lot other things.

Really good link, thanks!

Perhaps I can apply some of it in next missions, of which speaking, next in the pack will be MVD Pindown (Ex King Pin)

MAVEN, i dont want to sound hot-headed, but can we get a side version with the original level of violence?

MAVEN, i dont want to sound hot-headed, but can we get a side version with the original level of violence?

The whole Pack? If you were asking about all of the missions with their original content, then answer is maybe, perhaps when the MVD Mission Pack gets out of beta. If you were asking for a mission only (example Barricaded Suspects) the answer is, possibly, if there's enough of interest that is.

It's a holiday season so I'm a bit slower working on the pack (Sweepers mission and some other missions as well, also SP versions) so even if there are some other versions to come by it will take some time, there are few bugs I need to fix first.

I was originally referring to barricaded suspects, but I rather have all your work fully realistic, without "filters".

I guess I can release a version of Barricaded Suspects once all things are fixed and some new features added.

You say you needed some breaching equipment script so here's a handy script I found over at armaholic. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18090

Its a breaching script that autoclose door and you can open them by shooting them with a shotgun like breaching shotguns. If you use ACE u can also stick a c4 or satchel on the door and blow it open. If you dont hsve ACE its still fine, you can still use breachijg shotguns

You say you needed some breaching equipment script so here's a handy script I found over at armaholic. http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18090

Its a breaching script that autoclose door and you can open them by shooting them with a shotgun like breaching shotguns. If you use ACE u can also stick a c4 or satchel on the door and blow it open. If you dont hsve ACE its still fine, you can still use breachijg shotguns

Thanks! I dl it, and will test it later, sounds exactly what I needed for some of my missions. Any chance that the script author is on BI forums?

Thanks Down :)

Here's a small teaser (Not an update) about a feature I am adding to all MVD Mission Pack missions in the future.

flplandemo.jpg

It's a floorplan! Since MVD Missions are mostly CQB/CQC and some of them are indoors, I decided to add floorplans to most if not all missions within the pack to increase overall CQB/CQC experience.

Can you guess for which mission is the above floorplan made? :p Here's a hint - Left side is lit from a campfire and a nearby car headlights, floorplan is placed on a wooden board, paper is wet because of rain, marker's are dissolving from the water which means that some time passed.

All floor plans are 100% digitally made, in a vector format and are different from one another. The only thing added was just the background stock image (wooden board in the example above, this example was made scribbled on purpose as well)

Anyway, before I finish other floorplans, feel free to tell me:

1. How would you like to view floorplans in-game?

2. Would you like to have HD copies packaged along the pack itself?

3. Would you additionally want a floorplan viewer tool packaged as well with which you can view HD floorplans easily?

4. Would you like print versions?

5. Do you have any request/suggestion regarding the floorplans feature for this pack?

In addition to that, would you like prepped commands/comms (both textual and vocal) under mouse scroll menu for all players on all missions such as "Go Go Go!" "Enemy Spotted!" etc and if yes, which commands/comms would you like added? I might add this in future if there's sufficient interest.

Floorplans are good,commands too i think u can get ideas from the SWAT 4 commands

Any release date for SP?

1. How would you like to view floorplans in-game?

Maybe as a briefing entry?

2. Would you like to have HD copies packaged along the pack itself?

What do you mean by HD copies?

3. Would you additionally want a floorplan viewer tool packaged as well with which you can view HD floorplans easily?

I guess a briefing entry can cover that?

4. Would you like print versions?

As opposed to hand written ones? That would be cool.

In addition to that, would you like prepped commands/comms (both textual and vocal) under mouse scroll menu for all players on all missions such as "Go Go Go!" "Enemy Spotted!" etc and if yes, which commands/comms would you like added? I might add this in future if there's sufficient interest.

I saw a few missions that have that, never used it though, most comms are done via teamspeak anyway, rendering all the rest useless...

Floorplans are good,commands too i think u can get ideas from the SWAT 4 commands

Any release date for SP?

I don't have any release date for SP yet, very busy with work and it's holiday season, I'm also working on a SP version of Sweepers. However, maybe in the next version of MVD Mission Pack there will be one SP mission included, no guarantee.

Maybe as a briefing entry?

What do you mean by HD copies?

I guess a briefing entry can cover that?

As opposed to hand written ones? That would be cool.

I saw a few missions that have that, never used it though, most comms are done via teamspeak anyway, rendering all the rest useless...

By HD copies I mean big res images (original renders) of those floorplans put in folder to go along with missions.

A briefing entry can cover floorplans, I already added them this way but they are low res.

A print version is just a version you could print on paper by yourself (nothing special really) the difference is colors, 300dpi and that there are no effects or paper emulation (rain drops, wood, etc)

I agree about comms, most are done via voice chat, but just for the functionality I could add mouse ones, if there's sufficient interest that is.

Thanks for feedback:)

MAVEN two of my friends played "Barricaded Suspects" on the CiA coop server. They said it was way too easy, had to take out only a couple of criminals due to the AI teams doing all the rest. I'll try to get them here to provide more details.