Sign in to follow this  
Polymath

ArmA2 Mumble Plugin *NEW*

Yay or Nay  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or Nay

• Yay!
    • Nay!

Hello there, here again with an update to my Mumble plugin.

Now supports ArmA3 Alpha! :bounce3:

Enjoy!

FTP:

DOWNLOAD

Multiupload:

DOWNLOAD

ReadMe

Try the simple batch installer first and if that fails, "it most likely will" continue with manual instructions below:

How to Install ArmA3:

Copy "ArmA3.dll" to your Mumble Plugins folder.

"X:\Your_Program_Files\Mumble\plugins"

Rename "X3DAudio1_6.dll" to "X3DAudio1_7.dll" and copy to the same location where ArmA3 executable resides.

"X:\Your_Program_Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3"

--------------------

How to Install ArmA2:

Copy "ArmA2.dll" to your Mumble Plugins folder.

"X:\Your_Program_Files\Mumble\plugins"

Copy "X3DAudio1_6.dll" to the same location where ArmA2 executable resides.

"X:\Your_Program_Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta"

Or for those not using beta patch:

"X:\Your_Program_Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2"

It's been brought to my attention that you should untick "Download plugin and overlay updates" before copying my plugin or it will be replaced by Mumble with the old plugin on startup.

Or rename my plugin to something else.

Example Picture

Thats it enjoy.

Changes:

* Game update broke register pointer in ArmA3, now fixed.

* ArmA 3 Alpha Support

* Less CPU time used.

Plugin main loop optimized and should now only tax around 0.002048ms on avg with Core i7. Not like it was an issue before at 0.005074ms, nonetheless.

Other notes:

* No context support, too lazy.

* Should work with all versions of ArmA 2 & 3."This includes ArmA2OA, ArmA2RFT, Digital and Retail"

* If using SixUpdater or DayZ Commander to update the game you will need to recopy X3DAudio1_6/7.dll.

* Positional audio starts working as soon as a map is loaded, even at the start menu unless using a "-world=empty" start command.

* Position coordinates in Arma2 are based on the camera and not the avatar so if your using 3rd person view... It gets funky.

* Also as you might have noticed just by playing the game the accuracy on 3D audio leaves a lot to be desired so don't expect pinpoint accuracy.

* Surround sound users may notice better audio localization in ArmA 2 titles due to the proxy .dll actually linking to X3DAudio1_7 version.

* This is not supposed to be ACRE port or replacement, it simply offers the same tactical advantage of having positional feedback.

As a purely client side implementation you can do so in any server, map, mission and mod.

Legal:

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTIES AND/OR OBLIGATIONS ON MY PART.

USING THIS SOFTWARE IS DONE IN YOUR OWN DISCRETION, YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR SYSTEM.

Copyright © -Polymath-

You are allowed to distribute as you wish.

Edited by Polymath
Update

mumble is the program that uses less bandwidth and has the best sound quality, great job buddy, it's great that those who use Mumble also have something like this. It would be great to integrate ACRE.

Can't remember if I replied to this..

Anyway no it does not use Mumble link, but my own source very similar to the default plugin template provided by Thorvald Natvig but much more simple.

Yeah no source code as of yet. Not proud about the few lines of ASM I've used to save time, overall it's a very quick and dirty code and I don’t think its pretty enough to publish.

I'm sure if more people show interest I could be bothered to clean it up and publish it. :)

Can't remember if I replied to this..

Anyway no it does not use Mumble link, but my own source very similar to the default plugin template provided by Thorvald Natvig but much more simple.

Yeah no source code as of yet. Not proud about the few lines of ASM I've used to save time, overall it's a very quick and dirty code and I don’t think its pretty enough to publish.

I'm sure if more people show interest I could be bothered to clean it up and publish it. :)

I would love to see the source too.