Sign in to follow this  
Vance

Looking for ARMA buddy for sniping duo!

I love to play Wasteland missions, it's like home to me. :cool: I always go Independent and take out (ambush) as many people as I can guerrilla style. (The double-truck roadblock into LMG massacre "Inglorious Basterds style" is a particular favorite of mine.) I also love sniping, and I like a challenge.

If anyone's interested, I'd like to form a sniper/spotter duo with someone in Wasteland matches (as Independent). The objective would be to ambush targets cleanly and precisely, using teamwork, communication and planned-out strategies. It would require practice, but I think it would be awesome. It might not yield a massive number of kills, but the fun is in setting up the perfect shot, and making every kill precise and undetectable.

So what it would entail is target practice, sniper/spotter callouts, fieldcraft, constant relocating, 2-man tactics (securing alleys, clearing rooms) and a bit of patience. Incorporating real sniper tactics into Arma II is what's going to be the most fun I think. Or leaving players clueless as to how they died running across a field. :rolleyes: The goal is: One shot, one kill. Patience, teamwork, professionalism. Oh and fun too. :p

And I know you're wondering (in a sarcastic way) who's the lucky one that gets the job of spotter? Well, that's up to you, I only ask that if you're the shooter you make sure to practice with the rifle since the best spotter in the world can't make up for an unpracticed shooter, it's just going to get us both killed and be less fun. The roles could alternate, that's something to be decided later though.

So, if you think that the moments when snipers don't pull the trigger are (almost) as cool as the times that they do, you probably have the right mindset. And it's not serious business, I'll never chew you out or rage, but I would like to see some effort put into this, you only get back what you put in.

Voice chat is a must, Skype preferably. Don't care how young or old you are as long as you WANT to see a clean kill and are willing to work/practice towards that. I'm 20, I have lots of spare time for Arma right now, that might not be the case for you. I won't force you to play, but consider how much free time you have before agreeing. I'd say about 2 hours a day (skipping days as needed) or a big session every weekend would suffice to hone our skills to the level we need to succeed. And if after 1-2 days you reconsider that's cool too, no pressure, it's a game. ;) If you're good-mannered and are chill at least half of the time I can get along with you. :)

If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask!

Im interested.

You can get a hold of me through skype @ instinctvvv. I too enjoy wasteland alot right now.