Sign in to follow this  
gdscei

People joining with more mods than the server has

Currently I'm having an issue where my server is running a mod (lets call it mod A), but a client can join with Mod A and a completely irrelevant mod (mod B) enabled, and this can be really bad for gameplay on the server.

I'm wondering how I can make it so people will get kicked if they have more than what the server has loaded? Equalmodrequired is not possible in this scenario, because the server is also running a special server mod.

I tried also removing the .bikey file for mod B, but this did not solve it (most likely because mod A still has a higher priority over the other?)

Edit:

If i set up mod parameters in my client like this:

@modb;@moda I can join; if I set it up @moda;@modb I can't join.

Edited by gdscei

Ok I think I understand I know certain mods like for eg @ACE & @CBA have to be loaded in sequance or certain order and if you alter that then it will not work. In the case of ACE my understanding is that CBA has to be before ACE

Edited by Jetkar

Firstly, equalModRequired is severely outdated and should not be used anyway.

Secondly, do you have verifySignatures = 2 in your config file?

Thanks MadDogX

Interesting to know and yes I forgot to mention verifySignatures.

Firstly, equalModRequired is severely outdated and should not be used anyway.

Secondly, do you have verifySignatures = 2 in your config file?

Yes. The problem here is I think, is that Mod A (the mod that I want people to use on my server) contains edited files of Mod B (the mod that I don't want people to use), so I think it sees the same files but different signature, but doesn't verify the signature of Mod B files. But it is using the Mod B files in-game.

According to my gaming friends the other cause is corrupted or outdated bikeys that need to be amended