Sign in to follow this  
m1lkm8n

Layer mask question

Hi guys got another question for ya. So my maps coming along nicely and I'm still far from being finished but I'm trying to gather all the info needed.

Now I know what the sat mask and layer mask are for and what they do but I'm trying to figure out how to go about doing it.

So do you guys zoom all the way in then export that portion of the map as an emf file or will visitor export the whole thing as one image? And if so does it leave enough detail to see the roads and structures so I know were to color for dirt/gravel?

Thanks

Bushlurker! What's up man. Thanks I did read those ( prob like a hundred times to make sure I understood everything) I guess what I meant was when I export as png does it export the entire map and not just the section I am viewing?

Also your terrain tutorial has been an huge help! I thank you sir for that!

It exports the entire map, but will only show the things you have activated. For example, if you have roads hidden, then roads will not show in the image either. I usually export one image for each of the following:

Overall heightmap

Roads

Artificial Objects

Natural Objects

Waterline (I make it so that the elevation markers start at 0), that way I can easily see where I need beach.

Thanks jakerod. U guys have been a huge help with everything.