Sign in to follow this  
jw custom

Risen Dead WIP

I have been working on a zombie survivor mission/game mode for a while which was based on Charons awesome undead mod but

now i have decided to skin my own zombies to avoid dependence on other mods and have better control over the zombies.

I have spawn/loot scripts ready so as soon as i finish getting the zombies done and get some zombie sounds recorded i will release a alpha version.

Here's a few WIP pictures of the zombies.

53384e225851121.jpg 495af7225851134.jpg

Here's some features that most likely will be added as the project progresses:

• Food system
  • Water system
  • Weight system (you can carry two rifles, but how far can you run carrying that weight...?)
  • Battery system (for flashlights, maybe other stuff too)
  • Custom loot position (besides BIS building positions which i use now)
  • Water system
  • Different types of zombie behaviours

Edited by JW Custom

Seems fun. How will this work compared to DayZ in the loot aspect, are we looking at a de-militarized Chernarus or this outbreak during the 2009 invasion with the 27thMEU?

Seems fun. How will this work compared to DayZ in the loot aspect, are we looking at a de-militarized Chernarus or this outbreak during the 2009 invasion with the 27thMEU?

I haven't really worked out a story yet, at this point it's just 'survive'.

All loot are on a rarity level, weapons, ammo, food, items etc. so if you managed to find a 'hard-to-find' weapon you will need 'hard-to-find' ammo for it.

Forgot to mention that there will also be a weight system.

Sounds good, I've been messing around on Namalsk with with zombies, bloodsuckers and HAC with r3f weight and tired system thrown in for good measure, good times... Will your scripts/zombies be easily portable to other maps (own use in editor)

Even without zombies in the mix the survival system alone would be great to use in missions...

Yes the zombies and zombie control scripts can easily be used in own missions and on other maps.

I'm still working on it, right now i'm logging custom loot spawn positions which is really boring and slow work but all towns/areas except Chernogorsk is done :)

My zombies was made with the use of keygety's PAA photoshop plugin which is screwed up(i found out when i was almost done) so i had to redo them ZZZzzzZZZzzz :p

Weight system is also coming along, all weapons/magazines/items got weight values so just penalties needs coded.

I had to completely rewrite the zombie control script as i changed to spawn zombies as agents.

My zombie control script detects players by following methods:

Visual (the lower stance the closer you can get without detection)

Audible (stance, speed and distance decides when you get detected)

Smell (distance decides when you get detected. Planning on adding items to disguise your smell)

Zombies gets distracted by smoke which gives you time to flee.

Zombies gives up chase if they loose you from sight in a defined period of time.

Shooting attracts zombies from further distances while on close distance chance is great they will detect you immediately unless you're not in LOS.

Theres a lot more but i didn't really wanted to post about until i actually had some more substantial material.

Btw, with this zombie mod i'm trying to make players more scared of zombies than other players and therefore trying to make players cooperate more than just kill each other :)

Edited by JW Custom

Have you tested your zombies to see if they run through buildings and walls or ghost through floors? that was slightly frightening in Chernarus apocalypse knowing there was truly no safe place do to glitching lol.

Zombies are still using bis pathfinding so they ain't wallhacking more than normal :p

But zombies will enter and chase you in all buildings if they know your presence, so dont feel safe :D

even up ladders?

Yes at the moment they are but that can easily be changed.