On_Sabbatical

Post here all what you know about implementation of the headless client in missions

I have been banging my head against the wall for hours on trying to get a headless client to connect using password.

I am on latest beta patch 106400, with no mods installed and can get the HC to connect without any issues if no password is on the server, but as soon as I password protect and then stick -password=testpass in the HC launch I just keep getting Cannot join the session. Wrong password was given.

When I search it seems like people have had this problem and then got it working but I can't for the life of me find anything the explains how/why they got it working. This seems to be the most active thread for HC, anyone have any suggestions? :butbut:

You must be doing something wrong as I have a server running the latest beta patch for A2 (106400 as of right now) and I have my my HC connected with a password.

I know that in ARMA 3 (at this moment) there is a bug with the HC connecting to a server with the password set - BIS are aware of this and its logged internally for them to look at but with A2 its working fine.

I can only suggest posting your configs (omit the password for security reasons) so we can all take a look to see if there's anything obvious.

Have you tried changing the server password to ensure there's no typo's, spacing, case-sensitive issues?

From our HC startup...works with password on server:

-connect=127.0.0.1 -password=12345 -client

I can only suggest posting your configs (omit the password for security reasons) so we can all take a look to see if there's anything obvious.

Server:

-config=A2Testserver.cfg -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;

HC:

-client -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion; -name=HC -connect=127.0.0.1 -password=test

A2Testserver.cfg:

hostname         = "Arma II: Test Server";
password         = "test";
passwordAdmin    = "*******";

maxPlayers		= 30;

disableVoN         	= 0;
vonCodecQuality     	= 8;
persistent         	= 1;

battleye=0;
localclient[]={127.0.0.1};

I've tried using multiple passwords, including one letter passwords. I can join the server with a password from a standard client without issue, and if I just remove the password from the .cfg and from the HC command line - those being only changes - then the HC connects without issue.

Edited by JarvisC

Has anyone seen an issue when trying to launch HC where it pops up a white error box on start that says "No cfgWorld". It then finishes loading and attempts to connect but nothing displays in the output console except for a time stamp (repeatedly)?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Has anyone seen an issue when trying to launch HC where it pops up a white error box on start that says "No cfgWorld". It then finishes loading and attempts to connect but nothing displays in the output console except for a time stamp (repeatedly)?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

What's the startup line for your HC (blank out any passwords should it be private)?

What's the startup line for your HC (blank out any passwords should it be private)?

Ironically, I discovered the issue when I was attempting to get the startup line this weekend: I had initially attempted to install the A2OA 1.50-1.60 patch but apparently it did not take. A reinstall and patching fixed the issue.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 4

I'm having problems when the HC run and try to update BE for itself.

There is a way for me to update BE automaticaly and avoid the HC trying to update it at server start?

Thankyou!