On_Sabbatical

Post here all what you know about implementation of the headless client in missions

altho i like the idea about HC. but i dont really see how this is practical unless you want to buy X number of copies of arma.

most of us has uploaded a copy of our arma to be used for the server. this mean. we have to buy yet another copy of arma to be installed on the server so we can use it as a HC. else we only get into the issue with dublicated cdkey.

i hope they fix it so that we can run X number of HC on the server without having to buy X number of copies of the game.

if you disable your nic/internett. kickduplicated = 0; works fine. not verry practical tho . i can recall some other workaround for this. but cant remember what it was.

Edited by nuxil

So..is there a legal bypass to override the need of an extra A2CO copy?

Anyone willing to explain the procedure in simple steps-for non genius's ?

HC needing a Key is sort of a let down imho since i can run a dedicated server without a key why should i need a key for HC?

HC needing a Key is sort of a let down imho since i can run a dedicated server without a key why should i need a key for HC?

Because it's new and experimental tech that is still evolving. The requirement of a key may well be removed in the future, but I doubt that's as simple as flipping a switch. Before they can do that, they need to make sure that the functionality isn't exploitable, at the very least.

Because it's new and experimental tech that is still evolving. The requirement of a key may well be removed in the future, but I doubt that's as simple as flipping a switch. Before they can do that, they need to make sure that the functionality isn't exploitable, at the very least.

I can use HC+DS+Game in the same machine with internet disabled. But will i or hc get "fade" effect?

And i do have another copy of arma 2 co...is there a way to use the second key for the HC or installing 2 copies in the same machine?

I'm curious, what kind of limits might we run into with HC. Correct me if I'm wrong but this now allows AI processing to be spread around an almost unlimited amount of CPU's so we could have missions in the future that have lots more AI running with towns full of 100's even 1000's of AI. What would be the first limiting factor on the number do you think assuming you have a pc cluster with how ever many arma 2 licenses are required?

Would it be network lag experienced by clients?

Would it be fps degradation due to the number of units visible?

Or something else maybe? Interesting times though, both the first two things can be sorted with an upgrade to gfx/cpu/internet speed.

Is headless client, basically, the same AI performer than AI in a single player game ?

Edited by griffz

yeah , i meant that . "minus the graphic payload".

i still have to see that by myself. but i suppose, i will need to wait BI makde headless client key-less available

Does it make framerate on client smoother with a shitload of AI group ?

no,and it doesn't help server FPS that much ... just keeps the server AIs more reactive for the whole game !

yeah , i meant that . "minus the graphic payload".

i still have to see that by myself. but i suppose, i will need to wait BI makde headless client key-less available

Does it make framerate on client smoother with a shitload of AI group ?

You can test off line!Turn off your internet and try. You wont have cdkey problems! I have been playing (testing) an MSO-HC ready with 2 HC+Dediserver and game at the same machine with internet off! With all this all my cpu cores are working at 60%+.

I've built in auto-detect headless client support in latest release of MCC, which should make spawning AI on HC and running missions with HC accessible for all.

(Same for TPWCAS)

Correct me if i'm wrong(i'm no script expert):so HC it's only usefull for Ai spawned AFTER server start? There is no way to make HC handles Ai placed in editor?

Thx for shed some light on this aspect that's not so clear for me

Heyho,

at the moment I try to restore waypoints of transfered Groups. This could allow the creation of a serverside HC-Addon which turns every non-HC mission into a HC enabled mission. I still have some problems with group locality and rebuilding waypoints. If someone is interested in my scripts, I posted them here: http://www.modfact.net/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=93 (german forum, but the scripts are commented in english).

I also have a real Server with HC (client with dedicated key - thanks to ArmAX from A3 Supporter Edition). If someone without a real HC wants to test his own HC implementations or missions, just PM me and we can test them on my server.

Edited by NeoArmageddon

Heyho,

at the moment I try to restore waypoints of transfered Groups. This could allow the creation of a serverside HC-Addon which turns every non-HC mission into a HC enabled mission. I still have some problems with group locality and rebuilding waypoints. If someone is interested in my scripts, I posted them here: http://www.modfact.net/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=93 (german forum, but the scripts are commented in english).

I also have a real Server with HC (client with dedicated key - thanks to ArmAX from A3 Supporter Edition). If someone without a real HC wants to test his own HC implementations or missions, just PM me and we can test them on my server.

Its been a few months - wondering if you have made any progress with this?

Its been a few months - wondering if you have made any progress with this?

Not really. There are a few difficulties. The AI always seems to ignore most new waypoints after a localisation transfer.

I think that I will try again in A3 Beta.

Bear in mind your arma2oa.cfg settings will affect your performance also.

MinBandwidth=71457280;

MaxBandwidth=322428800;

MaxMsgSend=1024;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=1024;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=512;

MinErrorToSend=0.020000001;

MinErrorToSendNear=0.020000001;

This works up to ~135 players, at which point the packetloss bug becomes an issue. I don't know if tweaking the config would influence that at all.

The big coop we did yesterday, which spanned all of Celle 2 and had armor, FW, RW, and an MLRS, faced off against shitloads of Russian armor, FW, RW, and infantry, had ~200 AI active at any given time and we probably ended up going through the better part of 700-1000 AI over the course of about two hours. Oh, and that was at a playercount of ~100

Do you know if this was the cfg for the server itself or the HC?

Not really. There are a few difficulties. The AI always seems to ignore most new waypoints after a localisation transfer.

I think that I will try again in A3 Beta.

If I were to use it with DAC only though, would it work?

If I were to use it with DAC only though, would it work?

Not automated. Your mission needs the adjusted DAC-Script, which you can find somewhere in this thread.