Sign in to follow this  
Dajunka

Seriel key activation limit has been exceeded.

Serial key activation limit has been exceeded. What's this all about and how do I fix it?

Bloody DRM. :(

Edited by Dajunka

Serial key activation limit has been exceeded. What's this all about and how do I fix it?

Bloody DRM. :(

contact support they should reset it for you i have had to do this a couple of times

contact support they should reset it for you i have had to do this a couple of times

Thanks xBeastiex. I have contacted BIstudio sales support, is this the right one?

In the mean time I cannot play. Hard to believe there are still publishers out there that are living in the past, still punishing their customers for buying the game. Ha! And they still wonder why sales are rock bottom even with the latest customer wrecking DRM.

Edited by Dajunka

Thanks xBeastiex. I have contacted BIstudio sales support, is this the right one?

In the mean time I cannot play. Hard to believe there are still publishers out there that are living in the past, still punishing their customers for buying the game. Ha! And they still wonder why sales are rock bottom even with the latest customer wrecking DRM.

thats the right one give them a couple of days

they should sort it out

They should have to reimburse me £5 a day for lost play. I remember now, why I hate DRM with a passion.

I've reinstalled several times and not been asked for the serial key, only the initial install. Is this only happening if you are installing on multiple machines?

I've reinstalled several times and not been asked for the serial key, only the initial install. Is this only happening if you are installing on multiple machines?

Nar, I have updated some of my hardware and re-formated a couple of times, but it's always been on the same computer.

i had a hard drive crash 1 time i had to get them to reactivate it

then i moved my opersting system to SSD i had to get them to reactivate it

thing is i do not remember reading anything about activation limits when i purchased the game

but BI has given me no troble reactivating it when i have had to contact them

i had a hard drive crash 1 time i had to get them to reactivate it

then i moved my opersting system to SSD i had to get them to reactivate it

thing is i do not remember reading anything about activation limits when i purchased the game

but BI has given me no troble reactivating it when i have had to contact them

Yeah! The actually DRM is Tages, it shows up in my firewall. They kept that bloody quiet didn't they?

If it's only needing reactivation after formatting, then that suggests there may be a registry key that's holding the activation details, it may be worth backing up this key before a format if we knew where it was.

This kind of protection only hurts us genuine customers, anyone who plays hacked games already has this stripped out. At least they are being ok with reactivating it.

If it's only needing reactivation after formatting, then that suggests there may be a registry key that's holding the activation details, it may be worth backing up this key before a format if we knew where it was.

This kind of protection only hurts us genuine customers, anyone who plays hacked games already has this stripped out. At least they are being ok with reactivating it.

Yep! Sometimes I wish I wasn't so honest, then I wouldn't have these stupid issues. I bought the game, it's suppose to be mine, for crying out loud.

It's been three days now and still nothing. I can't say I am very impressed by customer support.

Come on BI. I bought the game in good faith, how about you supporting it a little better?

EDIT: All sorted now. Thank you.

Edited by Dajunka