Sign in to follow this  
Lingo

Friends can't see my edited multiplayer missions...

So as the title states... I"ll create a custom mission through the editor. I can join (and I even had some random guy join my mission) but my friends can't see my host / mission in the selection screen.

However, when they create missions, I can log in and play. We all have the same versions. Any tips / suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Lingo, Welcome to Bis forums!

can your friends find your server?

what color is the dot on the left of the server for them?

this is what the colors mean:

The "green" circle means you should be able to enter the server with no trouble.

The "orange" w/Question Mark symbol means that you are not running the exact same mods as the server in question, and may -or may not- be able to enter.

The "black" w/key symbol means that it is a password protected server, which may -or may not- be found on either their web-site or TS/Vent server.

The "red" X symbol means that your game version does not match that of the servers.

Hi Günter!

Thanks for the welcome,

My friends cannot find the server at all... I couldn't tell you what color the of the dot is because I can't see it.

It's strange because when my friend creates a server (doing the same steps I do) I can see his fine and join in...

I feel like I'm missing something simple.

Thanks again for your help!

Hi,

Lets do a process of elimination:

1. what version of the game do both of you have 1.62? and whats the 2nd list of numbers, for example my version is 1.62.95248

thats vanilla without betas

2. You created a mission, was it built on a vanilla map, or a custom map you downloaded?

3. When your friend is looking for your server, does he have something in his server filter? if so clear them, or be sure to get the exact

name of what your naming your server.

4. Are you running any mods that your friend isn't?

5. Are you using any addons (added units, vehicles, planes, ect,. ) in your mission? that your friend maybe dont have?

===========

Can you post your RPT, you can find it at this address C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA2OA

post the whole thing in reply, but then go to the bottom right where it says go advanced in the forum thread here, and then use the # after you

highlighted the tex, or upload the rpt somewhere, ad post a link.

Rpt is like a notepad document, basically a log file that the game reports on whats happening with the game, what your running, errors, ect,.

Hi Günter,

It looks like it was a filter issue... His ping filter was set to low, after raising it a bit we were able to play on my server.

Thank you for taking the time to help out!

Hi Lingo, Glad you guys figured it out.

If you ever run into any trouble with mp like similar to this, then just do a process of elimination.

Your welcome :)

Hi,

Lets do a process of elimination:

1. What version of the game do both of you have 1.62? and whats the 2nd list of numbers, for example my version is 1.62.95248

thats vanilla without betas

2. You created a mission, was it built on a vanilla map, or a custom map you downloaded?

3. When your friend is looking for your server, does he have something in his server filter? if so clear them, or be sure to get the exact

name of what your naming your server.

4. Are you running any mods that your friend isn't?

5. Are you using any addons (added units, vehicles, planes, ect,. ) in your mission? that your friend maybe don't have?

===========

I'm curious. My friend and I used to be able to play COOP missions, and we enjoyed it, and we were trying to play today, but it wouldn't let us, because, as the thread suggests, neither of us can see the other's lobby room. We've ran through all five eliminations, all of them seems to be fine, yet we still can't locate eachother's servers... Any ideas?

Hi NightmaresEdGe Welcome to BIS forums!

Suggest putting your friends server name in the filter, so only his server name shows up in the list, and him for you when you setup

your server, see if that works, always worked for me when i did coop.