Sign in to follow this  
Luxaeterna

Access violation error

I have installed the new patch 1.3 and got after playing a while this error.

errorpcl.jpg

no matter what i do if i go to warp i will get this after a while.

Me too i have this problem,

They saids i need to enabled JIT, But what is it ?

Program: ...games\Bohemia Interactive lalalala\carrier.exe

Reason: Access violation. Illegal write by 7bd25e at 8a0000

SymGetSymFromAddr:487, addr:0x007bd25e

SymGetSymFromAddr:126, addr:0x6aba5d58

SymGetSymFromAddr:126, addr:0x6aba5d58

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

I had one of these today (didn't take note of the address numbers). After I had taken Taksaven, there were only 2 enemy islands left to take (Vattland and Vulcan). Warping to Vattland would crash every time, so I went and did Vulcan first, then when I warped to Vattland after that it was ok, so maybe you can get around it by warping from a different island.

Have to say though, this is the first crash I have had since the 0014 patch, previously it would crash all the time, so crashes are pretty much fixed now.

I just had the same error which is why I came to the forum just now. I have the latest patch, too. Curious about the mention of "JIT must be enabled" above...that's "Just In Time" for Java I believe. I don't think it has something to do with what's installed or not installed on each of our computers. More likely something in the game program is not working as it should for whatever reason. That's the problem with a lot of error messages...they are often a blanket statement and only the programmers can dig down and see what is going on.

Just following up I have not had that crash except the one time so far. I have played for a few more hours after the crash with no problems.

I have installed the new patch 1.3 and got after playing a while this error.

Similarly here. Really annoying.

Got this one after I canceled timewarp sailing near island (to pick a better place to sail in). No enemy on the island yet.

cls: APA_EmpireAdvisor

fn: RunSolution

stack: scripts/Advisors/UEC_EmpireAdvisor.h:747

not going to hand type adresses.. you could allow to attach printscreen picture with posts.

V1.30014

Another update. I've played the campaign and strategy games twice now and in both I occasionally get a crash. Always access violation in the message. My workaround is to close and restart from last save for now.

Curious about the mention of "JIT must be enabled" above...that's "Just In Time" for Java I believe.

Well, no. It's "Just In Time" all right and Java is well known for having an implementation of that concept in the Java Virtual Machine. Other virtual machines, however, also do "Just In Time" compilations to native code. .NET comes to mind.