Sign in to follow this  
Kempco

JTK HALO Script by Kempco

have you updated your ace/cba mods and also have you put any addons inside those mod folders, also check your common/expand folder cause an addon you placed in there could cause the problem as well also try redownloading the mission it may have had an error downloading

@alexboy

Thanks for the tips. I use SIX so everything is up to date. I also used SIX to verify and repair mods, like you mentioned, I thought I might have something corrupted. I did not try to re-download the demo misson. That is a good idea. I will give it a go. I did a work around , normal halo( which works perfect) and zodiac waiting in the water with an IRstobe attached to it.

Edit: I did try a re-download of the demo mission. Same problem with water insertion. If I figure out what the problem is I will post it, but as of right now I haven't figure it out.

EDIT: Think I have narrowed the problem down to ACE. If I have ACE loaded halo works once in a great while on water insertions,but I always get the pull rip cord option. If I do not load ACE, halo so far works every time on water insertions.

For some reason I thought ACE was required, but it is just CBA. I use ACE in all my missions so right now just going to use the above work around.

Nomad

Edited by Nomadd

@kempco

With what a posted above I look in the scripts(wow it is way above my level knowledge of scripting). In the playerexec.sqf I found where you are using the ace jumpout_cord

if (isMultiplayer) then {//MP
if (JTK_ACE_Detected)then {
	_unit execVM "x\ace\addons\sys_eject\jumpout_cord.sqf";
}else{
	_unit setVariable ["JTK_HALO_Chute_Status","Primary"];
	[_unit] call JTK_HALO_Freefall;
};
}else{
};

I changed the code above to:

//_unit execVM "x\ace\addons\sys_eject\jumpout_cord.sqf";
}else{
};
}else{
};

I remove the ace fnc and just used the one you made. So far I have not encountered another problem with not going into the halo animation when doing water insertions. The last tests I ran have been with CBA,ACE, JSRS, and some island mods. I have no idea why that glitch was happening.

Nomad

1. when the units leave the plane they never change animations into halo, they either are just standing or stuck in the run animation they use running down the ramp. This only happens when trying to do a water insertion.

The units leaving the plane that are not changing animation, are they other players\yourself or AI? If you are using ACE, try increasing the JTK_C130_Air_Speed above 100. The ACE ripcord script forces the player to go prone briefly once initiated. If you are not moving fast enough, this can cause you to get "hung up" on the plane and not play the freefall animation. The JTK_GetPlayerExitSpeed function address this issue, and since I started using it I have not had any issues.

Also, I came across a video,

. 3 players preformed a HALO jump using the script and the first player did not play the freefall animation. Turned out that the host was using ACE while there other two were not. The following adjustment has since been made:

_unit execVM "x\ace\addons\sys_eject\jumpout_cord.sqf";
	/*
		broadcast freefall animation to all but local incase some players are running ACE and some are not. 
		Otherwise unit will not appear in freefall by remote units.
	*/
	JTK_Call_PVEH = [_unit,(compile "_this switchmove 'HaloFreeFall_non'")]; publicVariable "JTK_Call_PVEH";
}else{
};
}else{
};

There is still the issue that players using ACE exit the C130 3x faster than players not using ACE. If the player using ACE was behind the other two, he would have likely killed the others.

Thanks for looking into this. I have not tried this with AI, so tests have been just me or me and other players. I will implement the changes and give a go.

Just so you know a few of my friends played a mission with this for the first time and love it. They kept talking on TS how much they liked the HALO.

hey man, just wanted to say that this is an amazing piece of work. me and a buddy put it on haz kot valley MSO and its working like a charm. pretty damn impressive man. keep it up.

I can't get the halo jump started.

I dragged the entire "JTK_HALO_Template_v12.Takistan" folder and put it inside the ArmA2/missions folder. I started the game, clicked on the editor and loaded up the JTK mission, everything starts fine, I see my men, the C-130 plane but the problem is....

the moment I finish my halo set-up and mark where I want to be dropped on the map and press enter NOTHING HAPPENS, the cargo bay doors don't open, I can't get inside the aircraft, it doesn't even seem to have a piolet.

What am I doing wrong? Am I suppose to copy and past some type of script to my men/units or what? I read the "readme" file but I'm still confused.

I can't get the halo jump started.

I dragged the entire "JTK_HALO_Template_v12.Takistan" folder and put it inside the ArmA2/missions folder. I started the game, clicked on the editor and loaded up the JTK mission, everything starts fine, I see my men, the C-130 plane but the problem is....

the moment I finish my halo set-up and mark where I want to be dropped on the map and press enter NOTHING HAPPENS, the cargo bay doors don't open, I can't get inside the aircraft, it doesn't even seem to have a piolet.

What am I doing wrong? Am I suppose to copy and past some type of script to my men/units or what? I read the "readme" file but I'm still confused.

Do you a have a game logic named JTK_Server placed in the editor?

Yes, and the functions is there aswell.

At first I thought it was because I had too many men, but that wasn't the case. I tried starting up the editor again with only 5 men and still nothing happens after I complete the halo jump set up and press enter. I've made no changes to the files you gave in the mod. I even tried giving the C130 a pilot but then he ends up flying away and it saids on the bottom of the screen halo jump terminated or cancelled. It's great work btw, I saw the videos on it and it looks amazing, just gotta get cargo bay doors open and start the jump.

Any ideas?

Yes, and the functions is there aswell.

At first I thought it was because I had too many men, but that wasn't the case. I tried starting up the editor again with only 5 men and still nothing happens after I complete the halo jump set up and press enter. I've made no changes to the files you gave in the mod. I even tried giving the C130 a pilot but then he ends up flying away and it saids on the bottom of the screen halo jump terminated or cancelled. It's great work btw, I saw the videos on it and it looks amazing, just gotta get cargo bay doors open and start the jump.

Any ideas?

Been working on updating this for quite some time and should be ready tonight or tomorrow. Im getting how the script was with how the script is confused so bare with me.

Looking more like Monday, still have to update the documentation, and create one for the Bypass function.

Edited by Kempco

Been working on updating this for quite some time and should be ready tonight or tomorrow. Im getting how the script was with how the script is confused so bare with me.

Sounds like a plan. I'll check in again tomorrow:bounce3:

version 1.3

New: CBA is no longer required.

New: HALO insertions can now be performed with the MV22 Osprey.

Added: Bypass HALO Setup Instructions.

Fixed: Players using ACE would not appear to be in free fall to players not using ACE.

Changed: Game logic JTK_Server no longer required.

Can this be used at mission start if some parameters are already in place? I'd like one team on my mission to start the mission sitting in the back of the C130 ready to bail.

Worked like a charm first load up, thanks a lot and again awesome work.

Ive got to have missed something, somewhere, I can't seem to land alive to well.....save my life. Ive deployed my chute at various altitudes and speeds and still I die. I've waiting until the AI in my stick deploy their chutes, I even manage to remain in relative formation with the rest of them, pop the chute and land as they are landing, still, I die they don't.

What am I missing?

Thanks

@Genpatton043

If your chute is not deploying:

You are probably using a MOD that messes with the parachute configs. To this point the only mod I know that does this is the @Pacific_beta. IF you are using this mod, then you will have issues with parachutes. If you are not using this mod, then its something else you are using that is preventing the player from entering the parachute in the correct position. I can only confirm that the scripts with vanilla and with ACE.

If Your Chute is Deploying:

In order for the AI units in your squad land, and have their weapons and gear restored, they are deleted and reset. You are likely team switching to the non-leader position and being deleted the second you land. Since you are the player you are not resetting. Only jump as the team leader. IF you want to team switch, then wait until you have regrouped at the rally point and do so until your hear desires.

@ssechaud

That is because you are starting as side west then switching to side east. Start as the east side and you will be fine.

Edited by Kempco

Version 1.4

Changed: (Single Player) Must be a team leader to Setup HALO jumps as well as initiate takeoff.

Changed: (Single Player) Script is initialized for all aircraft regardless of players side. This will allow player to team switch between sides.

Fixed: Aircraft boarding lights not executing for remote players.

Is there a way to incorporate other vehicles like the SOV or the Millitary offroad's similar to the PBX coming off the back for a non-water insertion?

Have a great need for that functionality with them being the Mobile Spawn points in a mission I'm working on.

Any chance on the ease of where I can possibly modify this?

---------- Post added at 01:19 ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 ----------

Version 1.4

Changed: (Single Player) Must be a team leader to Setup HALO jumps as well as initiate takeoff.

Changed: (Single Player) Script is initialized for all aircraft regardless of players side. This will allow player to team switch between sides.

Fixed: Aircraft boarding lights not executing for remote players.

Cheers on fixing these. We noticed this in a test.

Might want to edit Text when you pan out after starting Halo drop.....

"En route..." :cool:

Not a biggie, but worth noting, some players noticed MV-22 props were upside down, weird behavior. As I said not big as most players noticed props were up where they needed to be.

Edited by NutzMcKracken

This would be very difficult to turn into a mobile respawn. Instead, I recommend using the setup bypass, have them respawn at the aircraft then let them jump again. As for the land vehicle jumps it has been discussed, and plan on looking into once I have the time.

This would be very difficult to turn into a mobile respawn. Instead, I recommend using the setup bypass, have them respawn at the aircraft then let them jump again. As for the land vehicle jumps it has been discussed, and plan on looking into once I have the time.

I get what you're saying, but we were thinking of the vehicle being an MHQ and mission critical as in game over if it gets destroyed.

I like the idea of using the plane as a respawn point, but a few requested there be a mobile respawn. Similar to an MHQ.

---------- Post added at 01:58 ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 ----------

-Idea-

If you can source a vehicle that is designated on the map already, and placing the vehicle similar to the positioning of the PBX. That might open some options for mission makers.

This way that particular vehicle has the attributes, or in my case the designated respawn marker still attached to it.

Or possibly spawn it in. But I figure the earlier idea would make it more flexible?

Food for thought.

@Genpatton043

If your chute is not deploying:

You are probably using a MOD that messes with the parachute configs. To this point the only mod I know that does this is the @Pacific_beta. IF you are using this mod, then you will have issues with parachutes. If you are not using this mod, then its something else you are using that is preventing the player from entering the parachute in the correct position. I can only confirm that the scripts with vanilla and with ACE.

If Your Chute is Deploying:

In order for the AI units in your squad land, and have their weapons and gear restored, they are deleted and reset. You are likely team switching to the non-leader position and being deleted the second you land. Since you are the player you are not resetting. Only jump as the team leader. IF you want to team switch, then wait until you have regrouped at the rally point and do so until your hear desires.

That's a negative. The chute deploys fine and at first all seems well. My rate of descent with the deployed chute decreases until I'm about 50 meters or so off of the ground and than I notice that I speed up slightly. Apparently, its enough to kill me. But I've tested this ONLY in SP and have done no switching. Just now, I actually went and made everyone but myself, the TL. non-playable and sure enough, I still die.

I seem to be having a problem where after successfully using the HALO to jump, when I try to do it again I get a script error in the client:

Error loading control mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Takistan\description.ext/JTK_HALO_Dlg/Controls/JTK_Confirm_txt_ALTITUDE/
Error loading control mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Takistan\description.ext/JTK_HALO_Dlg/Controls/JTK_Confirm_txt_HEADING/
Error loading control mpmissions\__CUR_MP.Takistan\description.ext/JTK_HALO_Dlg/Controls/JTK_Confirm_txt_GRID/
Error in expression <ew _aircraft > _limit) then {HintSilent "C130 is Full"};
};
_actn = _unit addact>
 Error position: <"C130 is Full"};
};
_actn = _unit addact>
 Error Missing ;
};
_actn = _unit addact>
};
_actn = _unit addact>
 Error Missing ;
};
_actn = _unit addact>
};
_actn = _unit addact>
 Error Missing ;
};
_actn = _unit addact>
};
_actn = _unit addact>
 Error Missing ;
};

And I think this pop ups in the server RPT when the problem occurs:

0:40:52 Error in expression <(_this  select 0) setIdentity (_this select 1)>
0:40:52   Error position: <setIdentity (_this select 1)>
0:40:52   Error Generic error in expression
0:40:52 Error in expression <(_this  select 0) setIdentity (_this select 1)>
0:40:52   Error position: <setIdentity (_this select 1)>
0:40:52   Error Generic error in expression

I am using ACE, and v1.4 of JTK Halo. Here is a copy of the config settings for the Halo in init.sqf:

//Halo Setup Restrictions 
JTK_HALO_Command_Unit = leader group player; 

//Minimum HALO Altitude
_min_alt_C130 = 2000;
_min_alt_MV22 = 1000;

//Maximum HALO Altitude
_max_alt_C130 = 10000;
_max_alt_MV22 = 5000;

//Minimum Altitude Requiring Oxygen 
JTK_Bailout_02_Altitude = 6000;

//Air speed used to determine the velocity of a unit upon exiting the C130
_air_speed_C130 = 300;
_air_speed_MV22 = 175;

//Altitude AI will Deploy Chutes
JTK_HALO_AI_DeployChuteAlt = 250;

//Margin of Error For JTK Jump computer Altimeter 
JTK_GPS_Altitude_Error_Margin = 0;

//Class Name for Oxygen Mask ID
JTK_Oxygen_Mask_ID = "Pilot_Mask_v";

//Define Pilot classes 
JTK_HALO_Pilot_Type_West = "US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1"; //West
JTK_HALO_Pilot_Type_East = "TK_Soldier_Pilot_EP1"; //EAST

//Allow JTK Identities (Ignore if using ACE).
JTK_Use_Identity_Config = true;

//JTK Idenetites with cammo faces (requires JTK_Use_Identity_Config is true.Ignore if using ACE).  
JTK_Cammo_Faces = true;

//Altitude for Water Insertions
JTK_HALO_Water_Insertion_Altitude = 500;

//Minimum Distance From Land For Water Insertion
JTK_HALO_Water_Insertion_MinDistToLand = 350;

//Show arrow that indicate boarding positions.
JTK_HALO_HideHelpArrows = true;

//--------------ACE Options-----------------//
//Disable ACE Altimeter.
JTK_HALO_Disable_ACE_Altimeter = true;

//Disable JTK Jump Computer When Using ACE
JTK_HALO_Disable_Jump_Computer = false;

//Chute Backpack Model Used in Single Player to simulate Parachute. (NOTE: Do NOT use the "ACE_ParachutePack").
JTK_ACE_HALO_CHUTE = "ACE_Backpack_US";

//WIP: Set to true to copy And Paste HALO position to clipboard, you can then use that to bypass HALO setup.
JTK_HALO_Capture = false;

//WIP: Execute ByPass Here
JTK_ByPassSetUp = false;

Edit:

Had posted then realized I didn't have the lastest version of this.So, I downloaded the lastest version and I am having some issues . I checked mt .rpt and found this

Error loading control C:\Users\name\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Nomad\mpmissions\JTK_HALO_Template_v14.Takistan\description.ext/JTK_HALO_Dlg/Controls/JTK_Confirm_txt_ALTITUDE/
Error loading control C:\Users\name\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Nomad\mpmissions\JTK_HALO_Template_v14.Takistan\description.ext/JTK_HALO_Dlg/Controls/JTK_Confirm_txt_HEADING/
Error loading control C:\Users\name\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Nomad\mpmissions\JTK_HALO_Template_v14.Takistan\description.ext/JTK_HALO_Dlg/Controls/JTK_Confirm_txt_GRID/

For some reason I am back to having the same problem of running down the ramp and never going into halo(now it happens every time). I just stand there and fall. I know it is ACE related, I can remove ACE and everything works. Just haven't figured out what is causing it. I had this same problem with v1.3, but not v1.2 (once you made the change to the code):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?143416-JTK-HALO-Script-by-Kempco/page6

I have also seen the same error when I host and others join.

Error in expression <(_this  select 0) setIdentity (_this select 1)>

If it helps I have no AI, test done with demo, MP editor or hosted server, CBA,ACE ,beta all upto date. When I host, other players are all running ACE and latest version. I will try and roll the beta back and do some tests. I know the latest betas have been causing some issues. Just haven't had time to do it yet.

Edited by Nomadd