Sign in to follow this  
Kempco

JTK HALO Script by Kempco

Kempco - are you planning to make HALO insertions fully working without ACE? For our clan, this would be an awesome improvement.

KaBoNG

@Kempco:

Could you please explain why you include our "ACE_GasmaskUS_Rsc_ca.paa" without permission?

Doesn't it already work without ACE?

I thought I read somewhere (maybe in v1.0 readme?) that non-ACE support was a work in progress, but maybe I am confusing it with another mod?

Hello there,

I'd like to say that this is a great script and possibly the best one I've seen so far

I just like to report a bug however. Sometimes, when there is more than 5 people, but it is not a water insertion, the script still cuts down the number of the group to 5.

I also have a questions: I have identities already created in a description.ext for the people who are meant to jump but problem is that after the jump is made, and everyone is on the ground, their identities are gets reset back to their original identities.

Another question I'd like to ask is that after the jump is made and everyone is on the ground, I get an extra action in the action menu saying "Order your men to follow me". How can I disable this? and also, is it possible to disable the dialogue that says "TEAM SWITCH ENABLED"?

Thank you

Shamwill

Can you please make a ai halo insertion with a hmv or dunebuggy, would be crazy!!!, for some reason my ai deploy the ugly parachute (the round out usually the large version of it is used for cargo drops) and they dont use the steerable parachute/ the one that i am given when i press pull rip cord

is there some what to change what parachute they use to be similar to the one i use ?

ERROR - Also when the AI deploy their shoots after a few seconds the chute disapears this goes with the ship too, but for me when i deploy my chute it works perfectly,

then the ai fall to their death and hit the water

==================EDIT========================================

after taking addons off and applying them one by one, i found out that the (@Pacific_beta) addon for some reason messes up the parachutes' abillitly to hold on to its object aka. the AI unit and/or the CRRC boat, i have no idea why this addon effects this, but wanted to state this, and after looking inside the @Pacific_beta add-on i found inside a mod called wx_parachute im guessing this is the only thing that can effect the mod since it has something to do with parachutes.. maybe you know why.. but wanted to state this incase you can fix it or if anyone else has this problem and has this addon in their mod line.

Edited by alexboy
checking addons

@Shammy

I just like to report a bug however. Sometimes, when there is more than 5 people, but it is not a water insertion, the script still cuts down the number of the group to 5.

Will look into.

I also have a questions: I have identities already created in a description.ext for the people who are meant to jump but problem is that after the jump is made, and everyone is on the ground, their identities are gets reset back to their original identities.

Unfortunately, there is no way to get a players current Identity so they have to be preset in order to use the 02 masks. These presets will override any identities you have set. If you want you can disable the use of these presets by setting JTK_Use_Identity_Config to false." (See "JTK_Scripts\HALO\init.sqf) However, doing will prevent you from using the bailout masks.

Another question I'd like to ask is that after the jump is made and everyone is on the ground, I get an extra action in the action menu saying "Order your men to follow me". How can I disable this?

The AI will Land, then move to the RP and establish a perimeter. Once they establish the perimeter, everything else is as it normally would be.

is it possible to disable the dialogue that says "TEAM SWITCH ENABLED"?

Will remove in next update. If you wish to remove yourself you will find what your looking for here: "JTK_Scripts\HALO\Scripts\AI\RestoreSwitch.sqf";

Concerning Multiplayer:

Just releized that changes I made for the Public Release broke the multiplayer. Will update in the next couple of days.

Edited by Kempco

Updated to version 1.2. Multiplayer is now working.

Known issues:

When performing a water insertion in a hosted or dedicated environment, if nobody is in the driver seat and you haven't gotten your equipment back, DO NOT get in a cargo position then switch directly to the driver position. If you do, and you are not the server, the boat will be moved to [0,0,0] on the map when the boat changes locality.

Edited by Kempco

hi kempco can do one jtk halo script for only for arma2 -oa with out cba vanilla ty kempco

---------- Post added at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

Updated to version 1.2. Multiplayer is now working.

Known issues:

When performing a water insertion in a hosted or dedicated environment, if nobody is in the driver seat and you haven't gotten your equipment back, DO NOT get in a cargo position then move directly to the driver position. If you do, and you are not the server, the boat will be moved to [0,0,0] on the map.

1.1 works fine for me in Multiplayer

hi kempco can do one jtk halo script for only for arma2 -oa with out cba vanilla ty kempco

---------- Post added at 16:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

1.1 works fine for me in Multiplayer

Do not use 1.1 in multiplayer. The reason it worked was probably because the mission was hosted and you were the server. In 1.1 the playerexec.sqf is executed by all players regardless of whether they are in the C130 or not. In short that could break the mission for players not in the C130.

Getting rid of the CBA dependency is a WIP but it will be a bit. I have to go through and replace all the events/globalexecutes with PVEHs. Which sucks.

@kempco

Just wanted to say thanks for this. I have been playing around with this and your suppressors scripts. Really good stuff.

Nomad

lets make video of this script in a air show useing usec_halo Units it would be fun . let me know here is my ts info 75.187.251.226:9987

Edited by richardmetzdorf
adding more to it

Hello. Thankyou for the reply and I have a few questions again if you don't mind answering them.

First. I have turned off JTK_Use_Identity_Config by setting to false in the init.sqf provided however I am using ace so which is why I am guessing since it says it will ignore if using ACE that I have to ask how would I turn off the automatic ID assigner if I am using ACE?

Second questions is I noticed a little sqf file called "JTK_BypassSetUp.sqf" which I am guessing from what I can understand is in it is a script that allows me to predefine a drop off point without the player getting a say into where the plane lands. Only problem is that I don't really seem to understand how to use it. I captured the data and placed it in the JTK_BypassSetUp.sqf where it says "paste here", and I set the bypass function to true in the init.sqf provided but it still doesn't seem to be working, is there something else needed to be done?

@Nomadd You're welcome.

Hello. Thankyou for the reply and I have a few questions again if you don't mind answering them.

First. I have turned off JTK_Use_Identity_Config by setting to false in the init.sqf provided however I am using ace so which is why I am guessing since it says it will ignore if using ACE that I have to ask how would I turn off the automatic ID assigner if I am using ACE?

If you are using ACE, then your Identity will be the one you have selected in your player profile, this is your "ACE_Original_Identity". If you want to mess your ID when using ACE, do so using the edit option located under player profile (Main Menu). Any ID you select in mission will be overridden by this ID if you use any of the mask/goggle options.

Second questions is I noticed a little sqf file called "JTK_BypassSetUp.sqf" which I am guessing from what I can understand is in it is a script that allows me to predefine a drop off point without the player getting a say into where the plane lands. Only problem is that I don't really seem to understand how to use it. I captured the data and placed it in the JTK_BypassSetUp.sqf where it says "paste here", and I set the bypass function to true in the init.sqf provided but it still doesn't seem to be working, is there something else needed to be done?

The idea to be able to bypass setup was suggested to me by Kylania about a month ago. I wrote that script as a test that I intended to send to him for input. Unfortunately, I never got around it. Instead I got stuck over thinking things and the script got away from me. I shelved it and took a break. Ergo, the bypass is very much a WIP. However, if want to test it out try the following: Name your Aircraft JTK_C130_West. The boarding condition should trigger when the player is within 25m of the aircraft i.e. the doors open and you can board without using the dialog.

_C130_BOARDING_CONDITION = {player distance (JTK_C130_West) <= 25};

Just to save on some headaches in case anyone else has this problem. To get the bailout masks to show up in game you have to use this version: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6471 (bb_mercs_desert). The other version: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13732 (bb_oa_mercs) does not have the "Pilot_Mask_v". Everything worked great when testing it in a mission except for no bailout masks, finally switched my bb_oa_mercs to the older version and the masks show up. I also checked the readmes of both versions and the masks are only listed in bb_mercs_desert.

Hope this helps

Nomad

Feedback - I downloaded the newest version for a testrun in Hosted MP. JTK_Server and Functions Module were present. Both me and my friend bailed out at the same time, but upon landing, we triggered out chutes, and while i was hanging in my chute and was able to controll it decently, his chute opened but did not slow him down, resulting in him crashing in the ground and the paracute-vehicle exploding.

He did not open the chute too late, we bailed out from 10km and opened it at 2km as it was for testing purposes (i know, thats not really a halo jump^^)

and the chute was visible and open for us both. Just, it didn't even remotely slow him down. Any ideas? Anyone who can confirm? (Just to make sure, it was hosted on my PC, not dedicated)

Feedback - I downloaded the newest version for a testrun in Hosted MP. JTK_Server and Functions Module were present. Both me and my friend bailed out at the same time, but upon landing, we triggered out chutes, and while i was hanging in my chute and was able to controll it decently, his chute opened but did not slow him down, resulting in him crashing in the ground and the paracute-vehicle exploding.

He did not open the chute too late, we bailed out from 10km and opened it at 2km as it was for testing purposes (i know, thats not really a halo jump^^)

and the chute was visible and open for us both. Just, it didn't even remotely slow him down. Any ideas? Anyone who can confirm? (Just to make sure, it was hosted on my PC, not dedicated)

Sounds like he was running an addon that messed with the parachute's vehicle config (class). I can only confirm that the script works with the vanilla chutes and the ACE chutes. Other addons that mess with the parachutes can prevent units from entering, for example the position to enter has changed from driver to gunner. Have him remove his addons and try again. BTW, Alexboy has brought to my attention that the @Pacific_beta messes the configs as well.

@kempco

I have a question. This is not a big deal, more curious than anything. I have put this in a couple of missions already. One of the missions the group starts on an aircraft carrier. I didn't want to put a C130 on the deck so I made a quick blackout transition to a runway. Would there be a way to do a blackout transition straight to the plane where it is flying? I already have the the jump destination preset.

Thanks,

Nomad

@kempco

I have a question. This is not a big deal, more curious than anything. I have put this in a couple of missions already. One of the missions the group starts on an aircraft carrier. I didn't want to put a C130 on the deck so I made a quick blackout transition to a runway. Would there be a way to do a blackout transition straight to the plane where it is flying? I already have the the jump destination preset.

Thanks,

Nomad

Unfortuatly no. The plane's cargo is used to build the array of units transported.

I have set this up in a couple of missions and so far the halo (over land) works great. However I am trying to make a mission with a water insertion and have run into a few problems.

1. when the units leave the plane they never change animations into halo, they either are just standing or stuck in the run animation they use running down the ramp. This only happens when trying to do a water insertion.

2. I have been randomly kicked out of the plane, again only happens during water insertion and it is very random. Sometimes when it happens I just stay stuck in the air.

3. trying to use the JTK_bypass does not work with water insertions, it works fine with a normal halo, I get an error saying it is looking for a number and has a string instead. This is my capture data :

[s1,[8103.48,6617.55,600],180,0,["Zodiac",6],[8103.48,5917.55,0]];.

I ran quite a few tests on the mission I am making, playing around with distance from land and altitude, but nothing really helped. I also tried the demo mission and got the same results.

Nomad

I have set this up in a couple of missions and so far the halo (over land) works great. However I am trying to make a mission with a water insertion and have run into a few problems.

1. when the units leave the plane they never change animations into halo, they either are just standing or stuck in the run animation they use running down the ramp. This only happens when trying to do a water insertion.

2. I have been randomly kicked out of the plane, again only happens during water insertion and it is very random. Sometimes when it happens I just stay stuck in the air.

3. trying to use the JTK_bypass does not work with water insertions, it works fine with a normal halo, I get an error saying it is looking for a number and has a string instead. This is my capture data :

[s1,[8103.48,6617.55,600],180,0,["Zodiac",6],[8103.48,5917.55,0]];.

I ran quite a few tests on the mission I am making, playing around with distance from land and altitude, but nothing really helped. I also tried the demo mission and got the same results.

Nomad

Were you ever able to get the water insertions working, or is this the first time? Are you using the bypass? I just tested, without the bypass, and I did not run into any issues. I never tested the water insertions with the bypass so that may be the issue. If not let me know, and I'll see whats going on. Thanks, for the heads up.

Edited by Kempco

Thanks for the fast response,

edit.. well I thought I found the problem but still no luck. The positive side is sometimes the halo works on water insertions sometimes not, before it never worked. I am still dropping/adding mods trying to see if there is a conflict somewhere.

....I am down to just CBA and ACE, and still can not go into halo animation. My unit just runs down the ramp, changes animation trying to get his primary weapon. Of course there is no weapon. Then either continues running in place or just stands there. I did get it to work a few times, but atm the moment I am stumped. I thought maybe in was the beta patch messing with it, but I removed it and still no luck. One thing for certain it only happens when I try a water insertion.

Edited by Nomadd