Sign in to follow this  
Kempco

JTK HALO Script by Kempco

JTK HALO Script

by Kempco

halopic.jpg

Recommended: Desert Mercenaries and BlackOps addon by SchnapsdroSel.

Description:

Includes custom dual purpose GPS, Bailout 02 simulation, and gear management system. Works in both single player (shown) and multiplayer (hosted and dedicated). Requires Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead and CBA. The Bailout 02 masks used in the script require the Desert Mercenaries and BlackOps addon by SchnapsdroSel.

Media:

The Script allows you to use the C130 and MV22 Osprey to perform HALO jumps anywhere on the map. The following code must be placed in the desired aircraft's init:

this setVariable ["jtk_halo_aircraft",true];

Parameters: (Located in script init).

/*
JTK HALO v1.6

by Kempco
*/
//==========================OPTIONS===============================//
//----------------------------------------------------------------//

JTK_HALO_Path = "JTK\HALO\";

//Halo Setup Restrictions
JTK_HALO_Command_Unit = leader group player;

//Minimum HALO Altitude
JTK_HALO_min_alt_C130 = 2000;
JTK_HALO_min_alt_MV22 = 1000;

//Maximum HALO Altitude
JTK_HALO_max_alt_C130 = 10000;
JTK_HALO_max_alt_MV22 = 5000;

//Minimum Altitude Requiring Oxygen
JTK_Bailout_02_Altitude = 6000;

//Air speed used to determine the velocity of a unit upon exiting the C130
JTK_HALO_air_speed_C130 = 300;
JTK_HALO_air_speed_MV22 = 175;

//Altitude AI will Deploy Chutes
JTK_HALO_AI_DeployChuteAlt = 250;

//Margin of Error For JTK Jump computer Altimeter
JTK_GPS_Altitude_Error_Margin = 0;

//Class Name for Oxygen Mask ID
JTK_Oxygen_Mask_ID = "Pilot_Mask_v";

//Define Pilot classes
JTK_HALO_Pilot_Type_West = "US_Soldier_Pilot_EP1"; //West
JTK_HALO_Pilot_Type_East = "TK_Soldier_Pilot_EP1"; //EAST

//Allow JTK Identities (Ignore if using ACE).
JTK_Use_Identity_Config = true;

//JTK Idenetites with cammo faces (requires JTK_Use_Identity_Config is true.Ignore if using ACE).
JTK_Cammo_Faces = true;

//Altitude for Water Insertions
JTK_HALO_Water_Insertion_Altitude = 500;

//Minimum Distance From Land For Water Insertion
JTK_HALO_Water_Insertion_MinDistToLand = 350;

//Show arrow that indicate boarding positions on the aircraft.
JTK_HALO_Show_Boarding_Arrows = true;

//HALO Cooldown Delay (al values below 60 will be ignored).
JTK_HALO_Cooldown = 60;

//--------------ACE Options-----------------//
//Disable ACE Altimeter.
JTK_HALO_Disable_ACE_Altimeter = true;

//Disable JTK Jump Computer When Using ACE
JTK_HALO_Disable_Jump_Computer = false;

//Chute Backpack Model Used in Single Player to simulate Parachute. (NOTE: Do NOT use the "ACE_ParachutePack").
JTK_ACE_HALO_CHUTE = "ACE_Backpack_US";

//See Bypass directions v1.6.
_Capture = false;

//See Bypass directions v1.6
_ByPass = false;
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------//
//==============================YOU ARE DONE===================================//
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------//
//=============================================================================//

JTK_HALO_Capture = if (!isNil "JTK_HALO_Capture") then {JTK_HALO_Capture}else{_Capture};
JTK_HALO_ByPass = if (!isNil "JTK_HALO_ByPass") then {JTK_HALO_ByPass}else{_ByPass};

if (isserver) then {execVM "JTK\HALO\init_server.sqf"}else{execVM "JTK\HALO\init_client.sqf"};//init_server runs !isDedicated check at the end for hosted mission.
[/Code]

[b]Credits & Thanks:[/b]

Bailout 02 mask overlay by [b]rocko[/b].

The [b]7-75th Rangers[/b] for multiplayer testing.

[b]Changelog:[/b]

Version 1.6

FIXED: Aircraft would not reset on dedicated servers.

FIXED: Dialog control errors that referenced named IDCs that were undefined.

FIXED: Osprey props would appear upside down to remote players.

FIXED: Closing the GPS, then reopening broke the GPS.

Changed: Dummy/Decoy aircraft are created as side civilian to prevent markers from being visible.

Changed: LZ marker now disappears once all players have landed.

Changed: Bypass can be setup through vars defined in the editor. (See included readme for details).

Changed: Reformatted init. (Cfgs in new locations so do not use an the old description.ext)

Optimized server fsm by removing unneeded PVEHs.

Version 1.5

Fixed: Info text Spelling Error

Fixed: (ACE version) player gets hung up on aircraft and does not enter free fall

Fixed: Hint text replaced with Titletext when called via PVEH. (Hint text is FUBAR'd)

Fixed: Error in expression <(_this select 0) setIdentity (_this select 1)>.

Fixed: Water inserts not working when using "Bypass"

Changed: Distance to marker buffer now is constant in SP and MP.

Changed: (SP) AI fsm now verifies unit is alive when chute is deployed.

Added: Two bypass example missions.

Version 1.4

Changed: (Single Player) Must be a team leader to Setup HALO jumps as well as initiate takeoff.

Changed: (Single Player) Script is initialized for all aircraft regardless of players side. This will allow player to team switch between sides.

Fixed: Aircraft boarding lights not executing for remote players.

version 1.3

New: CBA is no longer required.

New: HALO insertions can now be performed with the MV22 Osprey.

Added: Bypass HALO Setup Instructions.

Fixed: Players using ACE would not appear to be in free fall to players not using ACE.

Changed: Game logic JTK_Server no longer required.

version 1.2

Fixed: Remove O2 mask action showing up when player was not wearing a mask (NON-ACE). Interfered with NVGs.

Fixed: Multiplayer (Missing various vars and conditions from when I consolidated the SP and MP versions).

Added: Detailed readme covers installaton/Integration and options.

version 1.1

Fixed: Vehdrop Variable undefined (Water inserts not working).

Fixed: GPS not restored to player.

Download Here (Version 1.6)

http://www.mediafire.com/?36dw5l82g8l21oy

Edited by Kempco
update

Waooouuuu incredible work excellent thanks :)

(Tested player died when jump out the plane)

I'm getting hung up on the ramp of the C130 while the rest of my team jumps...if i click open chute i am teleported to the ground...

I love it..the only problem I'm running into is: trying to add it to my current mission isn't working..what I had tobdo was change the mission you provided to the current island in order to use it..I also tried running it along side the support radio script.. But the support radio us inop when ran along side the halo mission..any ideas?

I'm getting hung up on the ramp of the C130 while the rest of my team jumps...if i click open chute i am teleported to the ground...

Does this happen every time? Will work on trying to Duplicate.

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

I love it..the only problem I'm running into is: trying to add it to my current mission isn't working..what I had tobdo was change the mission you provided to the current island in order to use it..I also tried running it along side the support radio script.. But the support radio us inop when ran along side the halo mission..any ideas?

There is no reason the two scripts should conflict. Just makes sure that each script is given enough time to initialize. As for User Made Maps: The Script needs to know the size of the map for configuring GPS zoom levels. An FSM is run on mission start that checks to see if the map size is known. If it isn't a back up is initialized that measures the map once the player is in game.

It sounds like the issues your having are in Description. Make sure all files for both scripts are included. Merge the files then save. Then Reload the mission. When using the mission editor, any time you edit the Description.ext you have to reload the mission for the changes to take effect.

There's a semicolon missing in HALO\rsc\Display.hpp on line 419.

Thanks, Fixed.

Does this happen every time? Will work on trying to Duplicate.

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

There is no reason the two scripts should conflict. Just makes sure that each script is given enough time to initialize. As for User Made Maps: The Script needs to know the size of the map for configuring GPS zoom levels. An FSM is run on mission start that checks to see if the map size is known. If it isn't a back up is initialized that measures the map once the player is in game.

It sounds like the issues your having are in Description. Make sure all files for both scripts are included. Merge the files then save. Then Reload the mission. When using the mission editor, any time you edit the Description.ext you have to reload the mission for the changes to take effect.

Again thank you for a wonderful script. I did exactly as instructed yet to no gains. I can still use yours but not the other and i would like to use both.

I Dont know what I'm doing wrong. I did exactly as instructed even made a new mission..to test it out..still no dice..yours is working fine and the support radio shows up but I get an error or I can't utilize it at all..

I Dont know what I'm doing wrong. I did exactly as instructed even made a new mission..to test it out..still no dice..yours is working fine and the support radio shows up but I get an error or I can't utilize it at all..

What does the error message say?

Kempco...the hanging up on the ramp issue has been resolved...

If you touch any movement keys before bailing out...you will hang up on the ramp...so hands off the keyboard until you are freefalling...:)

The only other issue is merging this into another mission I cannot get it to work. I get the HALO setup addaction but once I have selected a drop zone the ramp never opens and nothing comes of it.

For some reason, the Water insertion does not seem to work.

Using your Template (Chenarus).

Mods: Schnapsdrossels bb_oa_mercs (the glasses work with them aswell as with bb_mercs_desert, same item with same classname avaliable)

NOT! using ACE.

Situation: The Boat does not fall out of the Plane, the guys inside start running, but they just run against the boat and get stuck, then stop. Camera hangs up inside of the C130 with the 4 soldiers and the boat standing in front of the open ramp. Does Water insertion work only w/ ACE? Or is there a workaround?

For some reason, the Water insertion does not seem to work.

Using your Template (Chenarus).

Mods: Schnapsdrossels bb_oa_mercs (the glasses work with them aswell as with bb_mercs_desert, same item with same classname avaliable)

NOT! using ACE.

Situation: The Boat does not fall out of the Plane, the guys inside start running, but they just run against the boat and get stuck, then stop. Camera hangs up inside of the C130 with the 4 soldiers and the boat standing in front of the open ramp. Does Water insertion work only w/ ACE? Or is there a workaround?

ACE is not required for the water insertions. Sounds like the AI are being triggered before the boat is being released. Will look into immediately and try to duplicate.

---------- Post added at 03:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

ACE is not required for the water insertions. Sounds like the AI are being triggered before the boat is being released. Will look into immediately and try to duplicate.

Problem Duplicated. Looking into.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 PM ----------

Found the issue: Veh drop var undefined. Will fix in update. For now, if you want to apply the fix yourself add the following line to the PlayerExec sqf. (JTK_Scripts\HALO\Scripts\PlayerExec.sqf).

_vehDrop = if (typeName(_C130 getVariable "JTK_HALO_VehDrop") == "BOOL")then{false}else{true};

//by Kempco

_unit = _this select 0;
_C130	= _this select 1;
_static = _this select 2;
_AttachPos = _this select 3;
_index = _this select 4;
_commandUnit = _this select 5;

if (!(isPlayer _unit) OR !(_unit in _C130) OR !(local _unit)) exitWith {};

//May need to tweak depending on ACE being required.
JTK_HALO_Player_ExitSpeed = if !(JTK_ACE_Detected)then{JTK_C130_Air_Speed/3.6}else{JTK_C130_Air_Speed/3.6};

//Check if vehicle Drop
_vehDrop = if (typeName(_C130 getVariable "JTK_HALO_VehDrop") == "BOOL")then{false}else{true};//<===============================ADD HERE

//Monitor When Player gets to the ground.
_unit call JTK_MonitorJumpStatus;

//Randomize Cammera transition 1
_camarray = [_unit] call JTK_HALO_Cammera_SelectCargoDoorAnim;

//Get multiplier for determining cammera animations.
_multiplr = _AttachPos call JTK_GetMultiplier;
_cam = "camera" camCreate ((vehicle _unit) modelToWorld (_camarray select 0));
_cam camSetFov (_camarray select 1);	 
_cam camSetTarget (_camarray select 2);
_cam cameraEffect ["internal", "BACK"];

//reset GPS to clear display just incase.
if (_unit hasWeapon "ItemGPS") then {_unit removeWeapon "ItemGPS";_unit spawn {sleep 5; _unit addWeapon "ItemGPS"}}; 

Confirmed that fixed the water insertion. However, when performing a water insertion, I cannot equip my NVGs after opening my chute; says I can't equip them with an O2 mask on, despite not even wearing one. I've also found that the normal ItemGPS is not being added back into my gear upon landing in either a land or water insertion.

Confirmed that fixed the water insertion. However, when performing a water insertion, I cannot equip my NVGs after opening my chute; says I can't equip them with an O2 mask on, despite not even wearing one. I've also found that the normal ItemGPS is not being added back into my gear upon landing in either a land or water insertion.

The GPS issue has been resolved and will be applied to the next update. You can see it in the code above:

//reset GPS to clear display just incase.

if (_unit hasWeapon "ItemGPS") then {_unit removeWeapon "ItemGPS";_unit spawn {sleep 5; _unit addWeapon "ItemGPS"}};

should be:

if (_unit hasWeapon "ItemGPS") then {_unit removeWeapon "ItemGPS";_unit spawn {sleep 5; _this addWeapon "ItemGPS"}};

As for the mask issue, Ive had some issues with it (NON ACE). The Issue here, is that the when you are under canopy (and not using ACE) you cannot access the action wheel. So I had to make my own. Working out the kinks with that has been interesting.

Edited by Kempco

I get a new error with the new version while trying out the mission: JTK_HALO_Dlg.hpp not found, I played a different version earlier was a bit buggy but didn't have that error.

EDIT: Fixed it, this version is a lot cooler :eek:! problem is the file is called HALO_Dlg and in descriptions.ext its asking for JTK_HALO_Dlg.hpp

Also, a suggestion...you have a sea insertion how about an insertion with a land vehicle? like a dune buggy or hmmwv?

Edited by FelixK44

I get a new error with the new version while trying out the mission: JTK_HALO_Dlg.hpp not found, I played a different version earlier was a bit buggy but didn't have that error.

EDIT: Fixed it, this version is a lot cooler :eek:! problem is the file is called HALO_Dlg and in descriptions.ext its asking for JTK_HALO_Dlg.hpp

Also, a suggestion...you have a sea insertion how about an insertion with a land vehicle? like a dune buggy or hmmwv?

Just downloaded and ran both missions. Did not any issues. No Idea where the JTK_HALO_Dlg.hpp is coming from. (HALO_Dlg.hpp is what it should be). Could not Duplicate your problem, but im glad you got worked out. As for the land vehicles that could be interesting. The Problem is it would happen over land and it gets very difficult to hide from the player the fact that at no time are they ever on a moving vehicle. Over land the player can easily get a point of reference and the entire illusion falls apart. You could increase the altitude to something like 2500m, so you cant see the ground, but then vehicle would have to go into free fall for a couple thousand meters. (Which would be ridiculous).

BTW: Dont think I have mentioned this yet: While in free fall you can control your Rate of Descent using the Q and Z keys. Doing this, you can free fall in formation with AI units in your squad. They will break formation at 1100m.

Edited by Kempco

Awesome, thank you for the Update! Now my Navy SEALs can drop in as they should (= -

Also, the Oxgen Mask Simulation works, not only with: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6471 (bb_mercs_destert),

but also with: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13732 (bb_oa_mercs), same author and the same mask is included. Might want to add that into your description =).