Sign in to follow this  
Polarwolf

ACR Patrol rearming Possible?

Good evening,

I'm Playing the Army of the Czech Republic Campaign right now, and I have a question concerning the Patrol mission (Pandur II).

Can I rearm my Pandur somewhere in that mission? My gunner, in all his wisdom, chose to shoot at a BRDM and wasted all the 30mm ammunition. Nevermind that there was a Wood inbetween them, and that he had HE rounds loaded. And then the "genius" had to use High RPM too! And so he happily blasted away all ammunition, even the AP.

The final body-count was one BRDM-2, ten woodpeckers, fifteen squirrels, and an undisclosed number of sparrows. ;)

I was leading my Fire-teams dismounted at that time.

Refueling should be possible, atleast according to the map, repairing at the FOB works. But I can't se an ammo-truck or ammo dump. Do you know if it's possible to rearm somewhere in the mission? I still have the spike LR and the 240, but I don't think they will be enough.

Besides it would be nice, if that captain would leave the entrace to the FOB, overruning an superior officer leads to an atrocious amount of paperwork. ;)

About me, I've been playing Arma for a year, and my Roots are in the Military Flightsim scene, I used to play some OPF and a bit of Arma 1, but I really started with arma 2. So I'm neither a total noob, nor an expert. As you probably could've guessed my humor ranges from black to evil! ;)

Clear skies and many happy landings

Wolf

I have not personally explored this mission in detail so I am not 100% sure, but I think I read in another thread that there is no way to reload the Pandur. You need to be careful with the ammo to make it last (and not be so unlucky that the AI wastes it all :-).

Thanks for the reply, well it seems that I have to reload an earlier save. Usually I did most of the shooting myself, when mounted and used the Pandur as fire support base, for both fire teams when dismounted. Works well if the targets are infantry, since then the AI uses only the coax.

I think I have to permanently fire that gunner! ;-)

Definitely no way to reload. I've had to capture, repair, and use a BRDM a few times when I ran out of Pandur ammo!

I tried heading south to other base to find ammo. The mission ended, and i lost my save! :mad:

@Placid Paul, so you got the error message before you reached the second FOB? So you can't get there without getting smacked by the trigger?

No, I don't know anything about a error? I just got a failed mission, then it overwrote my last save.

Ah ok, Thanks. I meant the failed mission message.

Refueling in the village works though.

I finished the mission, by treating the Pandur as an armored Taxi. Well in the later stages. It seems like I killed off all the BRDM-2s before the AI wasted the ammo. The M240 sure helped with the Infantry and technicals though. Still the AI wastes a lot of ammo shooting at the Technicals instead of aiming for the crew.

does somebody knows how you have to disable the IED's in the scenario for ACR, i'm not sure but a while ago i heard you can't but just to be sure. This is arma right so it should be possible.

Can rearming the APC be accomplished with the debug console? I tried but I'm not very good at this stuff.

Apologies for the old thread, but it's the only one I could find related to this subject. I am playing the game for the first time and this is frustrating.

Hi,

Don't worry about the debug console. Just conserve your Pandur ammo carefully, and use the fire of footmobile soldiers under your command when it is safe and prudent to do so. You can also use captured and repaired enemy vehicles.