Sign in to follow this  
malakie

This is getting ridiculous... crash with dialog - patch 1.03 INSTALLED.

Ok I have waited and waited to see if any fixes would come along for this issue..

I have installed the latest 1.03 patch and still get the same exact crash right when I click play from Steam.

I have included a screenshot of the dialog error box that pops up. I have also tried deleting the config files etc etc... no change.

carriercommanderror.jpg

http://s1057.beta.photobucket.com/user/MalakieUSN/media/carriercommanderror.jpg.html

Doesn't the above screenshot say the update is still being downloaded?

updated 3.3mb/33mb

No it says 3.3 / 3.3 and "ready to play". The one that's still downloading is Eve Online.

Doesn't the above screenshot say the update is still being downloaded?

ummm... no, it says 3.3/3.3 completed. I did that to show the update was complete. I am not a novice computer user. I am also a dev myself.

Besides, you cannot launch a game until downloading is complete on STEAM. It pops up a requester if a download is in progress.

This error is IDENTICAL to the errors being reported by others from day one. I finally gave up. Last night I decided to try again, make sure all updates were applied and see if the problem was fixed.

Obviously it has not been.

And in case anyone asks again... yes the system is up to date on all drivers, directX and so on and so on.

The specs are:

Intel I-7 3770s core 4/8, 16 gbyte memory, Sabertooth Z77 mainboard with 7.1 surround audio, NVideo GTX 580 video, and approx 10 terabytes of HD space.

ummm... no, it says 3.3/3.3 completed. I did that to show the update was complete. I am not a novice computer user. I am also a dev myself.

Besides, you cannot launch a game until downloading is complete on STEAM. It pops up a requester if a download is in progress.

This error is IDENTICAL to the errors being reported by others from day one. I finally gave up. Last night I decided to try again, make sure all updates were applied and see if the problem was fixed.

Obviously it has not been.

And in case anyone asks again... yes the system is up to date on all drivers, directX and so on and so on.

The specs are:

Intel I-7 3770s core 4/8, 16 gbyte memory, Sabertooth Z77 mainboard with 7.1 surround audio, NVideo GTX 580 video, and approx 10 terabytes of HD space.

Do devs read and reply to these help requests? Still waiting on reply...

I was able to get it working.... I ended up re-installing STEAM to my main C: drive. Then I re-installed Carrier Command to the same location and it now runs.... In other words, allowing STEAM to install Carrier Command to ANY other drive, causes the above error without fault! You MUST install Carrier Command to the C:.