Sign in to follow this  
JetlinerX

Expansion assistance!

Hey all-

So I have ArmA 2, BAF, ACR, PMC and OA on Steam. However, I am no longer able to play online due to a global ban. Making a long story short, a friend asked me to put something in my file and test it, told me it wasn't against the rules, and I can remove it when I get out of game. This got me banned, and then he just removed me from his contacts, and left me to dry. Keep the "you deserve to be banned" comments to yourself, I didnt know what I was doing. I am a little smarter now. >_> So I went to the bistore, and bought ArmA2 Combined Ops from them since you cannot buy it twice on Steam. I've installed both onto my drive, but now I have a problem of running my BAF, PMC, and ACR expansions since they are Steam expansions. I tried copy and pasting the ACR BAF and PMC files to my new ArmA directory, but Steam's encryption doesnt like that...

So how can I launch my expansions with my OA and ArmA 2?

Pretty sure you have to purchase everything again. Expensive mistake.

I sure hope not, but I would understand. Hopefully there is some mercy, and there is a way to hook em up. :/

Hang in there ... keep your powder dry.

Someone's bound to find this interesting.

good luck

p.s. have you approached Steam security team?

Please be more patient, this is a forum, not a chat. Getting answers can take hours if not days. I would suggest you try the Steam thread for this matter. In the worst case you will have to buy the expansions again through Sprocket but give the steam thread a chance first.

Keep the "you deserve to be banned" comments to yourself, I didnt know what I was doing. I am a little smarter now.

If you don't know what you're doin, don't do it. Surely not the cheapest lesson for you.

...a friend asked me...
...then he just removed me from his contacts, and left me to dry.

Nice friends you have. They make enemies obsolete.

Myke;2261650']Please be more patient' date=' this is a forum, not a chat. Getting answers can take hours if not days. I would suggest you try the Steam thread for this matter. In the worst case you will have to buy the expansions again through Sprocket but give the steam thread a chance first.

If you don't know what you're doin, don't do it. Surely not the cheapest lesson for you.

Nice friends you have. They make enemies obsolete.

Expensive indeed, but I deserve to give BI my money. I broke their rules.

As for "friends," yeah, I thought he was a cool guy... *sigh*

I think this thread can now be closed. Good luck. And as a sidenote: if in doubt about certain "addons", feel free to ask here prior of installing them. ;) Might be cheaper in the end.