=kct=blackmamba

Fayshkhabur Release thread.

Fayshkhabur V1.2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2EGvxQlHsk&feature=youtu.be

arma2oa2012-12-0614-59-49-17-1.jpg

Situated in Iraq’s far north, the province of Dahuk is famous for its snowy winters.

The border crossing near the town of Zakho is Iraq’s primary border crossing with Turkey.

Dahuk has also a border gate with Syria known as the Faysh khabur border gate.

The main trading route from Iraq to Turkey runs through Dahuk,

this could bring economic gain as cross-border trade increases.

Some villages were destroyed or evacuated since 1988 due to insecurity and other problems like poverty and loss of essential resource,

for these reasons people migrated from their villages to sub-district centers,

living in public buildings or sharing houses with other families.

In general, roads are in good condition except some far located villages that are hard to access,

especially in winter.

arma2oa2012-12-0313-28-28-24-2.jpg

The terrain is based on actual height and satellite data and depicts the southern part of Dahuk and its main trade route with Turkey and Sirya.

Its a pretty deserted area with some small village's, three bigger towns.

At the moment there is a border crossing with Sirya.

Most villages are placed pretty much where they would be in real life some are changed in to industrial area's or Underground factory's,

the city's have a fictional layout.

The terrain lends itself perfectly for long range sniper mission's, escape and evade which would be a hell of a challenge, convoy missions,tank battle's etc etc.

The terrain is divided in two, the river Tigris is crossing the entire 400 square kilometer map.

There are two bridges to cross it but u can find your way trough shallow water, even with armored vehicles or Make use of amphibious vehicles for troop transport its up to u.

arma2oa2012-12-0313-26-02-27-2.jpg

================================================== ========

Changelog V1.2 :

================================================== ========

Added: New sky textures.

Added: Road signs.

Added: Farms.

Added: Villa.

Changed: Complete sattalite and mask overhaul.

Changed: Water color back to default.

Changed: Airfields textures.

Changed: Some (+- 200) compound layouts.

Changed: Afkhan.

Changed: Al walid.

Changed: Reya gunde bihar.

Changed: Shirk.

Changed: Simele.

Changed: Islands class name (BMFayshkhabur).

Changed: Depth River.

Fixed: Hightmap, flatten a few ugly spots.

Fixed: Hightmap, lowered mushorah airfield and rabiah.

Fixed: Taxi off/in waypoints (MSO issue's).

Fixed: Some buildings, floors where underground.

Fixed: Wall, alignments.

Fixed: Taiya Location (alice).

Fixed: Light poles "industrial area" no longer in middle of the road.

Fixed: Water showed on land when flying at high altitudes.

Removed: Vegetation inside buildings.

======================

CLASSNAMES :

======================

BMFayshkhabur

======================

Requirements :

======================

fallujah_hou1_2

ibr_dtowns

opxbuildings

opxmisc

======================

Keys included.

======================

CREDITS AND THANKS :

======================

DMarwick,

Shezan74,

Icebreakr,

Optyrix,

Tupolov and team,

Bohemia interactive,

Everyone else that i have asked questions/shared information,

Beta testers and the community.

===============================================

Download : http://www.multiupload.nl/QPR6AO9TSB

Updated MP Missions

Download: http://www.multiupload.nl/03DKKKFU4O

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

Nice! Thanks for posting. When I dump the previous version and upgrade to this one I will do a "tour" of the it for you. I spent about a month or so back in 2004 operating in that area. While I did DL the alpha when it came out I never really spent a lot of time touring the map. But this one I will. ;) (Not like I'm going to remember a lot, but still.)

so u should have posted that info like a year ago :) .

most places are fictional with a few exceptions, for example irl there are no airbases in this area.

i added and fixed allot, neutralized the terrain colors.

i added 3 multi session operation missions in the package.

US+MC vs TK-INS and Dutch Armed Forces vs TK+INS Readme's included.

the rivers are allot deeper now, u can still cross @ Misharah or use a bridge but appart from that u might want to use amvibious vehicles to get across.

Great sky textures! Even better with jets going at it in the air!, this map makes Arma shine for large scale battles, thanks for your work bro :)

The Six Updater download seems to be broken. I moved my original @Faysh_Khabur1.1 folder and removed the addon from all profiles, so as to do a clean download. I get:

[@Faysh_Khabur] (@3kb)

->[.rsync]

-->.repository.yml

-->config.yml

-->[.pack]

--->.repository.yml.bkp

--->.repository.yml

The version I get from PutLocker seems to be complete, testing now. Excited, as this is my favorite map!

Cool, glad development is still active on this map, I remember really liking the older versions, I'll look forward to all the improvements in this new version! Thanks for your hard work and contribution!

@Harzach, ill check six updater and see if it is broken

download links in first post should be ok.

@h34dup

i hope u like it :)

@Harzach, ill check six updater and see if it is broken

download links in first post should be ok.

Looks like it updated to R11 in the last 30 minutes or so. Trying again.

Yup, all good.

Loving the update so far. The estate in the SW is nice, as are the tweaks to existing areas and addition of new settlements - Reya Gunde Bihar in particular. My only critique is that the new farm areas between Al Qanat and Shirk seem slightly awkward, only because the green fields aren't delineated by rock walls/treelines.

Seriously, this is by far my favorite map for A2. I really get a sense of being somewhere other than in front of my computer when I am playing on it. If you were to add much more in the way of settled areas it might start to lose that magic. As it is, I think it is just about perfect.

And it bothers me that more mission makers don't use it! I suspect that a lot of people download it, fly around a bit, then decide it's too flat to be interesting. As someone who has likely spent 1000 hours on this map, I can say that it is NOT uninteresting at all. It has everything - urban areas, small rural towns, remote compounds, a lush river valley/basin, arid wastes, etc. Sure, it doesn't have the amplified terrain or over-wrought clutter of some other community maps, but what it does have is a deceptive complexity that offers incredible immersion and the possibility of seriously intense gameplay.

Bravo, BlackMamba!

aerial view on that green field, the contrast between desert and that field is quite big.

i might do something about that when i add more in the deserts.

and i must say it is just to much for one person but eventualy we'll get there.

apart from that thank u for your honest and kind words.

it is very hard to compare different islands it is like comparing apples with eggs.

there are to many variables that divides them to start with.

and they are all worth a try imo.

more feedback is much appreciated.

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

I did get your updated MP mission pack.

However, how does the new naming convention affect

missons saved under the previous release of the Map.

ie. _BMFayshkhabur.pbo vs. _Fayshkhabur.pbo?

or Do old missions have to be renamed also?

jus' askin'

I did get your updated MP mission pack.

However, how does the new naming convention affect

missons saved under the previous release of the Map.

ie. _BMFayshkhabur.pbo vs. _Fayshkhabur.pbo?

or Do old missions have to be renamed also?

jus' askin'

I had to rename mine, so I think so.

i normaly extract a pbo and match the island name of the folder and the mission sqm, that would be "BMFayshkhabur"

After adding the @Fayshkhabur_1.2 folder to my main Arma 2 directory, I then use Alpine Stars Arma 2 Launcher to launch my game and it detects the new addon and restarts the Launcher and then I checked the box to enable it and then launch the game and I get the following error before my game starts up...

Addon BMFayshkhaqbur requires version 1.2 of application

So after trying to figure out what the problem might be, I took a guess that maybe my combined Operations might not be patched correctly. So I went through the omg nightmare of backing up my profile and user made missions and then reinstalling both Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead and then downloading and installing all the necessary patches at the Arma 2 website. So now I am patched up to 1.62 and I am still getting the same error:

Addon BMFayshkhaqbur requires version 1.2 of application.

When I launch Combined Operations it shows version 1.62.95428

When I launch just Arma 2 it shows version 1.11.86734

So I am figuring that I need to patch my regular Arma 2 up to 1.2 some how, but I can't find a link for a Arma 2 1.2 patch anywhere, nor do I know if one even exists.

Some help with this would be appreciated.

I have a Faysh Khabur mission that I created and have spent 4 months testing and tweaking and I have been waiting a long time for the new island update to release so I can update my mission and release it finally. I had no idea that the new Faysh Khabur island update has been available for a while now, I only found out about it today, so I really want to get it working.

Do you have all the requirements for Faysh? @ibr_towns, @opx_objects

Also I would try launching it without the launcher to see if that might be the issue

BlackMamba, EXCELLENT MAP! One of my favorites! Just a request, at the main airbase can you remove the woods inside the base, and some of those outside of the base just to the west? If you did that then this area would be great for creating a large base template in order to simulate something like Camp Bastion/Camp Leatherneck. Are you still working on the hangar's? I remember in an older version of the map you has HAS' instead of Hanagr 2 which cannot have A/C in them because of the small doors! Again awesome map! LOVE IT!!!!