Sign in to follow this  
jureidinim

Not much to AI in latest patch?

Another update made to the patch. The changes listed are nice - but no mention of any more AI improvements (carrier AI nor walrus pathfinding nor Manta engagements).

This line:

- Strategy Game now ends after capturing all islands and destroying enemy carrier

... still doesn't really address the issue of a player rush-killing the enemy carrier and then leisurely cleaning up islands. Without the enemy carrier around, why bother spend the time to clear all the islands - you know you will eventually do it and there is no longer any possibility of you losing (no carrier to take your islands).

They say they hope this is the last update before official release of this patch - i hope other patches will follow addressing the AI/meta-game more directly.

I am happy to see some work being done, but just wondering if any of the dev team can confirm if more patches are coming? Are the mod tools still going to be released?

I was just having a conversation today about similar worries Jureidinim. And then, BAM! Another patch update! Good timing I'd say, hah.

However- the one thing I'd really like to see a fix for isn't in there, and the mention of this being the last update before the official release of the patch makes me fear it won't be in there at all.... the walrus AI pathfinding. I'd really think that's priority.

Thanks for the heads up on a new patch! Sure not easy to spot them...

Good to see fixes keep coming. Any update on modding tool release would be nice, agree.

Anyone like me who found with the last patch (1.03.0011) that the game would not launch after patching, you may have the same problem with the new patch (1.03.0014). However, I have found the problem, which is that you cannot patch from the CD release version (1.0.0002) straight to either of these beta patches, you must first install the 1.03.0006 patch and then install the latest patch. This fixed it for me.

For the walrus AI, I did a couple of tests last night. On Medusa, with the carrier on the left coast of the island, I sent a single walrus to the command centre and followed it with a manta and it went flawlessly, even taking a shortcut through trees without touching them. On another island, I sent all 4 walruses which seemed to be going well, but only 3 of them were flawless, one got stuck on a rock but eventually managed to work its way out. I then sent another one on its own somewhere and it got stuck at the start of a bridge, just moving forwards and backwards repeatedly, even though it was right in the middle of the road with no obstruction, and would not work itself out until I took manual control. So still not perfect by any means, but looks more promising. Keep in mind I was unable to compare to 1.03.0011 due to the above problem, so this may not have changed in the latest version.

I am happy to see some work being done, but just wondering if any of the dev team can confirm if more patches are coming? Are the mod tools still going to be released?

Hey,

more patches are coming. The "last update before official release" clause is there because unless there is a problem with this Release Candidate I would like to repack it and release it as full patch this week. You see - people that don't read the forums hadn't have a chance to try the fixes and changes packed in 1.03 yet and so the release is about getting some finalized version to them.

And Modding tools are still coming. I won't give you date in case some unforeseen obstacles arise and I would end up disappointing you, but lets just say that we will see what we can work out with Santa....

@ Species1571:

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit but to be frank I am totally puzzled by your work around regarding the issue with game launch after the patch. 1.03.0006 and 1.3.00014 should have the same files and should overwrite each other. Don't get me wrong - I am glad it works for you, but it should not work ;) I will reply to your PM and maybe we will figure it out.

@ Species1571:

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit but to be frank I am totally puzzled by your work around regarding the issue with game launch after the patch. 1.03.0006 and 1.3.00014 should have the same files and should overwrite each other. Don't get me wrong - I am glad it works for you, but it should not work ;) I will reply to your PM and maybe we will figure it out.

Thanks. The test patch you PM'ed to me solves the problem. In the meantime, anyone who has the same problem can use the method I posted above.

Hey,

more patches are coming. The "last update before official release" clause is there because unless there is a problem with this Release Candidate I would like to repack it and release it as full patch this week. You see - people that don't read the forums hadn't have a chance to try the fixes and changes packed in 1.03 yet and so the release is about getting some finalized version to them.

And Modding tools are still coming. I won't give you date in case some unforeseen obstacles arise and I would end up disappointing you, but lets just say that we will see what we can work out with Santa....

I'll keep a light on for Santa :-)

Happy to hear this. I know you guys are busy espescially with Arma 3 on the horizon - but you have a great game here - it's just a bit rough around the edges.

Looking forward to future notices on other patches and the mod tools :-)