Sign in to follow this  
sixt

Off shore bombardment script?

I need a script that simulates an off shore bombardment of a coast prior to a beachhead landing?? lasting a couple of minutes??

Anyone who can help me??

I want to use it in a pacific mission im doing...

Thanks... :-)

Sixt

the easiest way to create an explosion is to put the following in a trigger's activation line:

0 = "Bo_GBU12_LGB" createvehicle (position thistrigger);

so as soon as the trigger condition is true there will be an explosion at the center of the trigger.

you can place several triggers like this and give them all the same condition (for when the bombing should start). you can time the detonations of the different triggers by using the time options inside the triggers. like countdown for example.

this is a very simple method. there are other ways to make it more complex or randomise it but this should be enough to create some kind of cinematic scene before the landing starts. you can also change"Bo_GBU12_LGB" into anyother ammo classname to get a smaller explosion. be warned though. this does actual dammage. so you might want to make sure you don't wipe out all the enemies with it before you even land;)

the easiest way to create an explosion is to put the following in a trigger's activation line:

so as soon as the trigger condition is true there will be an explosion at the center of the trigger.

you can place several triggers like this and give them all the same condition (for when the bombing should start). you can time the detonations of the different triggers by using the time options inside the triggers. like countdown for example.

this is a very simple method. there are other ways to make it more complex or randomise it but this should be enough to create some kind of cinematic scene before the landing starts. you can also change"Bo_GBU12_LGB" into anyother ammo classname to get a smaller explosion. be warned though. this does actual dammage. so you might want to make sure you don't wipe out all the enemies with it before you even land;)

Thanks, sounds like somthing i could use.

But would also like a script with random shelling in the area??

Use this. I have forgotten who gave me the initial artyscript. It is small but very effective. In this script the time between impacts is randz that means in this case a time between 0 and 2 seconds. Zahl is the number of shells, 100 in this script. Set a marker on the map called "arty". The mathematical part of the script does the direction and distance from the trigger so you can give certain limits in which the impacts should occur. In the case of my cusomized script I made a gas shelling. The grenades (yellow smoke) fall down and get deleted after 0 to 4 seconds so the impacts look like gas grenades instead of smoking the whole country yellow. "bomb say "arty"" means the grenades whistle when they are a certain distance from the player in this case 150 meters. Arty is a sound of the Invasion 44 mod I think.

zahl = 1;

while {zahl < 100} do

{

randz = random 2;

sleep2 = random 4;

sleep randz;

_loc = getMarkerPos "arty";

_dir = random 360;

_dist = random 100;

_posX = (_loc select 0) + sin (_dir) * _dist;

_posY = (_loc select 1) + cos (_dir) * _dist;

_spawnPos = [_posX, _posY, 1];