Sign in to follow this  
colosseum

COOP 25 Direct Spear (ACE) (Isla Duala) - African-themed sandbox bush wars mission

Map: Isla Duala (by Icebreakr)

Players: 1-25

Story:

It's 2005 and things have gone south in this small, failed Central African state. The Molatian government has recently collapsed, leaving two factions vying for control. The United Front for Liberation and Labour (UFLL) is led by former Molatian Army commander Major Tambossa. The communist UFLL is composed primarily of loyalist Molatian Army troops, and has been bolstered by a relatively large force of Cuban 'advisors'. The second faction, the Alliance for Popular Resistance (APR), is a loosely-organized group of rebels and Molatian Army deserters headed by former Molatian Minister of Defence Prosper Kouassi. The factions have reached a stalemate, with the UFLL controlling the northeast and the APR the southwest.

Both factions have claimed to have the people's interests at heart, but both have shown ruthlessness, warmongering, greed, and a general disregard for the future of the country. Both sides are hostile and will shoot on sight. Expect fierce opposition throughout the land; there are no friends past the wire.

Description:

Inspired by FarCry 2, this is a cooperative mission set on Isla Duala. Twenty player slots start at a secure base in the southwest, where they have equipment and vehicles with which to complete objectives scattered across the map. An additional five slots will spawn as downed pilots in various locations.

Direct Spear is a blend of every African conflict from the last 60 years; the Rhodesian Bush War, actions in the Congo, Neall Ellis defending Freetown, Green Leader at Westlands Farm, Executive Outcomes in Sierra Leone, the South African Border War, and just about anything else you can think of. A wide range of available objectives require different strategies to complete. Opportunity for infantry action, tank warfare, boat insertions, mechanized action, Fireforce operations, parachuting, helicopter ops and more.

Features:

- Over ten different objectives across the entire map

- UPSMON AI

- African rebels with realistic loadouts

- ACRE support

- ACE wounding

- Players respawn at the starting camp

- Time of day parameter in MP setup

Credits:

Mission: Colosseum, Mr. Westland

Isla Duala and African units: Icebreakr

Playtesting: #d Rifle Regiment

Requirements:

Isla Duala

ACE Mod (ACE, ACEX, etc)

ACRE

Installation:

Put the pbo file into your ArmA 2\MPMissions folder.

THIS IS A BETA RELEASE. Please report any problems you encounter!

Known issues:

- Some objectives complete rather quickly, this is due to the use of a "Seized by..." trigger. I am working on a way to gracefully complete the objective without this trigger condition.

- There are a lot of AI on the map at any given time, so best to run on a dedicated server. No promises it will run well on a listen server.

- Join in Progress works (for the most part), but JIP players will not see briefing tasks

Roadmap:

- I would like to incorporate a system of dynamic objective and AI spawning to decrease load on the server and give it more replayability. Suggestions are welcome...

- Perhaps a money-system similar to the old Quarantine game mode for ArmA1

- HALO jump capability from the main base (for a price)

- Safe houses across Duala

DOWNLOAD:

Direct Spear Co-25 (@)

Edited by Colosseum

Please help

I have this message error: File x\ace\addons\settings\CfgIdentities.hpp,Line 1:/CfgIdentities.ACE_Original_Identity: Undefined base class 'Identity'

And this is the sequel, right! @CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACRE;@duala_Island;@JayArmA2Lib

Well looks like you are launching your mods out of order... I'd recommend Six Updater as it's by far the easiest way to play Arma2 with mods.

Make sure you are naming them correctly and try again... but in the meantime, just get SU and do it correctly. I've used it for so long I can't even begin to help troubleshoot problems for those who don't use it.

Load these mods as a Six Updater preset and try it again:

@ACE

@ACEX

@ACEX_RU

@ACEX_SM

@ACEX_USNavy

@ACRE

@Isla_Duala

It will download the dependencies for you. Good luck!

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Thanks to Big for the Armaholic mirror:

- Direct Spear Co-25 (@)

Edited by Colosseum

No, this is a mission file - which to the best of my knowledge are not managed by Six Updater. You will need to download the required mods from SU and get the mission file from the Armaholic link above.

Six Updater is no more, there are now Play withSIX and no any tutorial how to use it, and I don't understand how to add mods in my folder with it

Thanks but i pass this

My apologies but many missions utilize mods so being able to install them is a bit of a requirement. Armaholic has good tutorials on how to install and configure mods, give that a try if you haven't already.

Armaholic link broken?

Access denied?

Both FTP links work for me?

The page was removed from public access for a short time due to someone saying the files were corrupted and we needed to check them. Both ftps were correct so it was a problem on "user" side.

The page was removed from public access for a short time due to someone saying the files were corrupted and we needed to check them. Both ftps were correct so it was a problem on "user" side.

Thanks for taking the time to explain.

Links are also fine for me now.

Please post any feedback here, I am very interested in ways to improve the mission.

I played about halfway through once on my own. I felt like I was barely engaged, might have to do with my mod set.

I've received that complaint from several people... the problem I've run into is that, with 14~ objectives, each defended by at least a squad of AI, performance starts to noticeably drop when I add more enemy squads. A solution we have investigated is to just reduce the amount of objectives and beef up the available ones.

If I had more time and was a better script writer I'd invent a way to despawn the enemy AI when you're more than 500m away from the objectives, etc. But alas...