falcon_565

Schwemlitz, Germany: 5x5km Terrain

Well it’s a triumph, from the detailing of the driveways and garden paths to the well thought out positioning of the houses, industrial buildings etc. An absolute gem of a terrain, very much reminiscent of Schmalfelden and other terrains, however, this really stands out for its intense detail.

Great terrain and thank you for sharing it, plus congrats on the release :).

Did I forget to say it was a 'Triumph', no I see I mentioned it, quite right ;):D.

Nice map you made. But is it me, or is there no building near the parking lot in Schwemlitz? on the map it shows a gray box were a building should stand but ingame I don't see it. Maybe I did not install properly or is there no building?

Holy smoke! just took a Geländewagen for a spin around this map. Amazing quality!

Very detailed villages and those micro terrain forests should provide for some interesting infantry fights.

[quote=

On a new note now I can't decide if the colorization of the fields is off or not... I would appreciate some feedback regarding this in particular. The basic concern is that the fields of harvested wheat are too yellow/gold instead of dirt/tan colored. Let me know what you think!

The fields look fine. Great terrain for FIWF and OBUA. looking forward ot getting some larger scale infantry stuff on the go with it.

Thx for your great work!

I love the terrain. But i hate the vegetation. It looks very unreal. Is it possible to deaktivate the grass?

Thank you for creating this map as it looks great. The use of enterable buildings makes for some exciting gameplay now that AI can shoot at me through windows from the inside of houses. The microterrain and the buildings make this world stand out from other Europe-based maps.

I do have two requests:

1. Can you enable civilian module?

2. have you considered a winter version? :)

Once again, a great map and I thank you kindly for sharing your work!

That would be very nice, a great idea.:).

1. Can you enable civilian module?

I'll see what that entails and if it's not much work I can put it in for v1.01

Not at this time but perhaps for a future release.

Had an amazing drive around with the Volkswagen model ;)

Came across a dirt-bike trial which I will have to try out soon!

It doesn't feel small at all and it has it's own unique style too it, I love it all.

The microterrain and clutter make up for some really good woodlands.

This deserves all the attention it can get, great job guys!

Ive just had a great game on your map clearing houses in the town of Schwemlitz. Gotta admire your attention to detail as e.g. you put hay bales in some barns and not in others. The arrangement and choice of buildings gives the world a very believable feel, and I am sure you put a lot of work into this project. Definitely my favorite map of this year and a very welcome break from Middle East types of terrain.

I hope it's not too much effort for you to enable civilians module, but even without that the map is top notch.

Truly a beauty!

As was mentioned earlier, it really doesn't feel small at all. Would be nice to see a 'follow up map' either to the west or east, maybe with border area or something, but I'm getting carried away. One thing however: when I read the thread title for the first time I thought 'Schwemlitz' hmmmm sounds like Ostzone. Anyway, awesome map that is perfect for infantry and also okay for tanks. Many thanks!

I love the map! The only thing is that in de editor I can't really good see if it's forest or just high grass/bushes. Is there a way how I can see this more easy or can you maybe change it even?

I am looking into a new model for the grass.

The grass and wheat fields are counted as trees by the engine. And the wheat fields are far denser than the forests.

Only way to really tell right now is that the wheat fields have a solid forest overlay, the forest has a spotty forest overlay.

Hi,

I'm working on PlannedAssault mission generation support for your beautiful Schwemlitz. While testing, I ran into the following problem:

- AI vehicles drive into sheds and get stuck there forever.

See (click for large image - two out of a group of four HMMWVs stuck in the shed):

_a2_schwemlitz_problem_road_leading_into_shed.jpg

My guess is that the map features roads that lead into sheds, which puts the AI on the wrong foot. If you could use non-road 'road textures' for the shed entrance, that make the map a lot of more AI friendly.

Kind regards,

William

http://mirror1.unitedoperations.net/@Schwemlitz_1.01.7z

http://mirror2.unitedoperations.net/@Schwemlitz_1.01.7z

Change Log

-Wheat fields no longer display as forest on the map

-removed two grass objects from middle of road south of Schwemlitz

-moved a shed up 2cm to let people walk in it.

There is work on a new grass object. But there is no time estimate on when it will be done.

Oh and _William I am sorry I have no plans to replace the roads that are under the buildings because I don't know of a good object to replace them.

Oh and _William I am sorry I have no plans to replace the roads that are under the buildings because I don't know of a good object to replace them.

Thanks for looking into it. It's a shame there is no easy way to fix this. Further testing and playing around on your beautiful map reveals that you've extensively used roads to recreate garden paths, and trails amidst small groups of trees. They look beautiful, but trip up the AI vehicles who expect to travel with their vehicles unobstructed across roads. I've seen BMP's trying forever and forever to enter a garden through a 1m wide gate, etc. just because there's a road underneath.

Maybe Mikero knows a way around this, by removing certain road objects from the road network in the .wrp file.

William

Schmafelden'esc and having many great playouts on this, great work and thanks for the effort.

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but regardless of whatever unit I use, at least so far, I always start the mission with an injured leg. BIS units, P '85, TF Knight, Tier One Ops and others all begin injured. Thankfully however, AI units do not. Just the player unit.

I would say 100% not my island. Sounds like you might have changed the health slider or have a setpos up in the air a few meters.

Also I am working on a version without the dependencies on Carraigdubh

And going to release the source files. Soonish