Sign in to follow this  
Nixo

Nixo - RK62, Finnish units & more

Hello, I am back!

Just wanted to show you a ridiculously early WIP image :)

Stay tuned for more. I bet all you finnish conscripts who has used the rk62 have been waiting for this weapon.

arma2oa_2012_12_03_20_28_06_21.jpg

Sorry for the low quality pic.

Nice to see some older era units, and the 62 is surelly a nice sight. :)

Will you be making some winter units based on the modern gear aswell? I just don't feel the love of the old equipment anymore...

I would post pics, I tried googling for around but I'm tired and ugh well... I bet you know what I mean. The new 05 equipment basically.

Yeah that 62 is gonna get real familiar in the upcoming January... :D

@Nixo glad to see you back, nice looking wip. Quick question are you going to revisit your Finnish Coastal Jaegers and update them for OA?

Cheers

Will you be making some winter units based on the modern gear aswell?

- Possibly, I myself do like the m85 gear, since I wore that when I was in service (m85 mixed with m05). The plan is to first make the rk 62 release ready, and it will be released as a separate addon, since there is probably alot of people who just wants the rifle and play with the FDF units. Then I will concentrate on the units, The units are basically a hobby project since I have alot to do in real life. But if there is time, I will try to add m05 stuff :)

Quick question are you going to revisit your Finnish Coastal Jaegers and update them for OA?

As I mentioned above, the rifle is priority number one. Then I would like to get some m85/m05 units ingame in both winter and summer camo. If there is time. I will REMAKE the units, since I don't have the main files anymore.

Nice. I like it. Now if only someone would make a Winter War mod for Arma2.

Already one in the making > http://www.fww2.org/

Let Nixo stay focused on these "almost modern" units. Me gusta :3

A small update. Having some trouble with the rvmat files for the weapons. And progress has been overall pretty slow. For those who wish for a winter war mod, this is probably not what you are looking for. The addon will consist of finnish winter units. Soldiers mainly. Maybe a retextured bmp2. And some foes.