Sign in to follow this  
Lenyoga

OFP Resistance - Half Life 2 Add-Ons

Good evening/morning/day,

I'm quite new to these forums, and positively surprised to see a lot of modding still going on here. As my first contribution on this site, I'm presenting to you an add-on pack that features units and objects from HL2 and HL2Ep.1. From metro police to Combine Elite Soldiers, Striders, Stalkers, Antlions, Zombies, Headcrabs, Gunships, Dropships, Dog, some weapons... the most interesting thing is the Portal Gun. I also made some gravity gun, but it doesn't really work - it mostly crashes the game.

Everything comes with custom sounds, scripts, models, textures and animations.

Basic Info:

-Developed and tested in Operation Flashpoint: Resistance GOTY Edition 1.96

-5 demo missions included - showing units and the script specialties

-changelog:

-- Aug_2012

- Portal Gun: Fired shots now have constant speed and aren't affected by gravity any more.

- Pulse Rifle: Reloadaction added, secondary attack improved

- Strider: Armor values balanced out (soldiers with RPGs will attack now)

-- Update December 10, 2012 [EDIT: December 2, not 10!!]

- LNN_ForceGunshipExplosionOff variable added to prevent Gunships/Dropships

from exploding

without crew. Usage: "LNN_ForceGunshipExplosionOff = true" (one init field or init script)

- Geometry LODS of the soldier models fixed

-Surprisingly, most of it seems multiplayer compatible

Links:

Full up-to-date version: Coming soon.

YouTube: Coming soon.

Thanks for downloading and any feedback! I've been on here for less than a few weeks and I'm already loving this site.

Lenyoga

Edited by Max Power

Hi. There is a problem.

Gravity gun without textures and my game crashes when using it. Tried on versions 1.96; 1.99

Thanks for the feedback! I just saw the texture error, and I'm still thinking of a way to cope with the crashes. Right now, the script for the gravity gun is fully universal, that means it's supposed to affect everything on the map. I might change it to pre-defined units (probably with an array) to lessen the chance of heavy crashes, picking up walls and invisible objects.

Nice addons. People like you are the reason why this game is still kicking!

Units from Half-Life 1 would be nice too, I have found memories of that game.

@-Run- Thank you very much! I need to see if I can find the time to add some HL1 units... the best way would be to contact the Black Mesa team - they created a remake of most of Half Life, with better textures, models, voiceovers, etc.

@Max Power The models for the Strider, Gunship, Dropship, Antlion, Headcrab, APC, Helicopter, Advisor, Dog, Airboat, the console and wall objects are 100% selfmade, while the soldiers are partly based on the BIS MC Tankista model (as found in the OFPAnim files.) And I just remembered I used the FML Skeleton model as reference for parts of my fast zombie, but I didn't copy any of the original model, just needed to see how you do a skeleton efficiently. Half of the textures are screenshots, the other half are directly from the Half Life 2 (used a tool to convert the VTF files to TGA) - right now I only have Portal on my PC, so I won't be able to update any textures except for the Portal Gun (which is, in the current version, just an ugly blob.)

I got rid of a few new errors already and will upload a new full version of the Add-on in the next week, probably. Again, thank you all for taking a look at it and giving me feedback, I really appreciate it.

Hey Lenyoga,

I've seen your YouTube videos before and I think you've got some very interesting projects going on. I also like your music. Glad to see you've joined the community! This Half-Life addon looks really great and I'll be looking forward to your possible future releases too.

Welcome aboard!

@Rellikki Thank you very much - I'm right now knee-deep in a full mod based on System Shock 2, I'm looking forward to getting it done next year. It's a bit big, though, I'm even doing the full soundtrack and probably parts of the voice acting/creature sounds for it...

@Max Power The models for the Strider, Gunship, Dropship, Antlion, Headcrab, APC, Helicopter, Advisor, Dog, Airboat, the console and wall objects are 100% selfmade, while the soldiers are partly based on the BIS MC Tankista model (as found in the OFPAnim files.) And I just remembered I used the FML Skeleton model as reference for parts of my fast zombie, but I didn't copy any of the original model, just needed to see how you do a skeleton efficiently. Half of the textures are screenshots, the other half are directly from the Half Life 2 (used a tool to convert the VTF files to TGA) - right now I only have Portal on my PC, so I won't be able to update any textures except for the Portal Gun (which is, in the current version, just an ugly blob.)

I got rid of a few new errors already and will upload a new full version of the Add-on in the next week, probably. Again, thank you all for taking a look at it and giving me feedback, I really appreciate it.

Nice work on the models, btw. I'm a little concerned about the textures. Do you know of any precedence where valve have stated their intentions about using their assets in other games? Their EULA is vague.

@Max Power I'm not too sure about this myself. I might have to go over the textures and change them, but on the other hand I'm not using it for any commercial purpose, and there are also hundreds of GModders out there, using models, textures and sounds from Valve...

SitRep: The gravity gun is now almost functional, the launch function has been improved and reworked, the pick-up is working, but it's not dropping the objects yet... will be finishing it off the next days.

Well, regardless of what other people do, on the forum we don't allow use of other peoples' work without permission. This includes Valve's work, unfortunately. I think we should figure out a strategy to appease the forum rules of content permissions.

Edited by Max Power

@Max Power Ah, okay, in that case I'll see if I'm able to re-edit the texture files. Sounds will be a problem, though...

---------- Post added at 21:21 ---------- Previous post was at 21:14 ----------

@Max Power One question - if I use screenshots, not the actual textures (which are used on approximately half the models, respectively) - would that be okay?

I would suggest talking to a sound modder :)

To answer your question, the Valve EULA says no derivative works.

@Max Power Okay, I see. Could you close this thread? I'll keep the links and updates out of these forums and I'll also rework the textures (which isn't THAT much work, as I've just noticed, going through the files.) I'm fairly good with sound-related issues, so I'll find some sort of workaround here, too. Thanks for the information, it's also great to know that for future projects!

Sure thing. Thanks for the cooperation.

Closed by request of the thread owner.