Sign in to follow this  
aquaacorn

turning into bird?

ok first off i have a legit arma 2, i bought it when steam had it on sale.

i have only played the DayZ mod for it and have used dayZcommander and Play withsix only. i have never really opened it to play missions at all.

but today i wanted to try to play wasteland and every server i join it turns me into a bird. this got annoying after about the fourth server i got into and was a bird.

when joining the servers i looked and it started saying that i was using a "modified version" or something along those lines.

i have no clue how this happened at all and i have no clue how to fix it. i dont know how to modify a game nor would i want to.

does anyone know how i can fix this?

you need to disable dayZ first

main menu - expansions - select dayZ - disable - restart the game

When you start the game using the same shortcut as your Dayz (launch game with Beta.exe or whatever it's called) you may have trouble connecting to regular servers. You should use the Arma2OA.exe (once again that may not be the exact name) one that is in your main Arma2 directory for standard games. You can make a shortcut of it to add additional parameters like -nosplash -maxmem or mods using the -mod= command.

Sometimes the modified version message is ok. The server may be running a mod that is not being used at that time, if they decide to use it you will lose connection. But as long as they play vanilla you should be ok.