Sign in to follow this  
kenoxite

MapFact's Rucksack - WW4

MAPFACT RUCKSACK

WW4

maprucksackww4west.jpg

Hi all,

This is a special release of MapFact's Rucksack that adds ammo from the WW4 v2.5 mod and fixes some bugs that happen in CWA. It also adds east mines to the rucksack ammo. This addon is based on Mapfact's Rucksack v1.1, so it also contains all the features present on that version.

While initially this addon was created for personal use, BadAss kindly granted permission to make it public. In order to differentiate this version from the regular MapFact releases he asked me to rename it to “WW4†instead of continuing the version numbering (which would make this v1.2). So, this is finally version 1.0 of the WW4 branch.

Please refer to the “Readme_eng.htm†file in the “old v1.1 docs†directory (online version), in the linked file, for extended info and instructions about how to use this add-on. You can also find more information in the old release thread of v1.1.

Also, in the included pdf you'll find a list with the class names of all the ammo. You can also read the file online here.

The linked file below also includes a demo mission.

Download MAPFACT'S RUCKSACK - WW4 v1.0
- http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jmg4me45m8purk5
- http://www.multiupload.nl/ASISRBCMTJ

More screens:

maprucksackww4east.jpg
maprucksackww4res.jpg
maprucksackww4civ.jpg

ADDING RUCKSACKS TO YOUR MISSION
Copy/Paste this in your mission's init.sqs:

; Init MAPFACT's Rucksack - WW4

~1

[] exec "\MAP_Rucksack\Scripts\MAP_RuckInit.sqs"

To add the rucksacks to units it's recommended that you use this script package: MAP AI RUCKSACK - WW4
It will automate the process of adding rucksacks and will also allow AI units to make use of them (so they can use the ammo stored in them when they run out of it).

USE:

[<unit>,<template to use>,<SD ammo?>,<HD ammo?>,<rucksack type>,<generic class>] exec "MAP_AIruckWW4\add.sqs"

EXAMPLES:

[this,"west_shadowops",false,false,"MAP_RucksackAlice"] exec "MAP_AIruckWW4\add.sqs"

[e1u2,"east_army",false,true] exec "MAP_AIruckWW4\add.sqs"

[unit1,"west_recon",false,false,"","sniper"] exec "MAP_AIruckWW4\add.sqs"

Check the readme in the linked file for more info.

DEMO MISSION: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uc8bkauh29oa9ts
Includes the scripts MAP AI RUCKSACK - WW4, HEAL GROUP and an updated version of REASSIGN WEAPONS WW4.

If you don't want to allow AI units to use rucksacks or you have your own method to add them, you still need to add this "fired" eventhandler to the units you want to use their rucksacks:

_unit addEventHandler ["fired",{if (_this select 1 in MAP_RuckSackTypes) then {_this exec "\MAP_Rucksack\Scripts\MAP_DropMag.sqs"};}]

HOW TO USE THE RUCKSACK
To take a magazine out of a rucksack you need to do the following:

• Select the rucksack in the actions menu
  • If the desired magazine isn't loaded, select the desired mag in the actions menu and reload it
  • Fire the rucksack like any other weapon
  • You will bend down and put a single magazine on the ground
  • Pick up the magazine you just dropped.

Don't take too long to pick up the dropped magazine, as it will disappear after a couple minutes.

AIs aren't able to use the rucksacks. If you're the squad leader you can order an AI to drop a whole magazine pouch, so you can pick it up and drop single magazines yourself. Then order the AI to pick up those single magazines.

Please use the med-kit only when you're hurt. Otherwise it'll be wasted.

CHANGELOG

WW4 v1.0:

- Added support for WW4 ammo

- Dropped magazines are a bit ahead from the player now, so they're clearly visible

- Players can interact with dropped magazines instantly

- CWA: Fixed player being stuck when placing or packing tents and camonets

- Fixed instance where player wasn't able to pack something if he still had loaded (although empty) the thing that he wanted to pack

- Minor corrections to stringtable.csv

- Added Mine East

CREDITS

Original addon: BadAss, Flashpoint_k and raedor (see “Readme_eng.htm†for extended credits)
WW4 version: kenoxite

Edited by kenoxite
added new script pack and updated instructions

Good! Let me know if there's anything that needs to be fixed.

Great work, kenoxite!!!

Dowloading... :bounce3:

EDIT:

Game stops responding when launching the test mission in both Arma:CWA v1.99 and OFP v1.96.

I used ww4mod25 and some extra weapon mods, such as STGN M4SOPMOD and others

My bad, sorry :)

Edited by Icarus
Feedback

Game stops responding when launching the test mission in both Arma:CWA v1.99 and OFP v1.96. I used ww4mod25...

:(

OK. Let's make sure it's the mission itself the problematic one.

Maybe the one included mission in the file above was too much overkill for your machine.

Try this version, which only includes two west squads: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4rvz76f49b4a825

Also, make sure you installed the addon properly.

MAP_Rucksack.pbo should be somewhere in a dir you already use for mods or you can create one for it alone.

Like "MAPRucksWW4\addons\MAP_Rucksack.pbo".

Let me know if that worked out for you.

I used ww4mod25 and some extra weapon mods, such as STGN M4SOPMOD and DanAK47 Guerillas

My bad, sorry :)

Edit: Everything works fine with ww4mod25 only, I apologise for not telling you that in first post.

Edited by Icarus
Feedback

OK. You can try the addon yourself, without the demo mission, anyway.

Create a gamelogic with this init:

[] exec "\MAP_Rucksack\Scripts\MAP_RuckInit.sqs"; player addEventHandler ["fired",{if (_this select 1 in MAP_RuckSackTypes) then {_this exec "\MAP_Rucksack\Scripts\MAP_DropMag.sqs"};}]

And a unit in the editor with this init line:

this addMagazine "MAP_Bandage_PDM"; this addMagazine "MAP_WW4_W556_30Bmag_PDM"; this addMagazine "MAP_WW4_W556_30Bmag_PDM"; this addMagazine "MAP_Handgrenade_PDM"; this addWeapon "MAP_RucksackAlice"

Assuming it's a west unit with an M16 you'll be able to use the rucksack ammo hold in your ALICE rucksack.

If you're familiar with WGL it works the same way. Except bandages, which are used directly as ammo, and not unpacked.

But if you are using those custom weapons you might find the same problem as you mentioned. Let me know anyway.

Edit: Everything works fine with ww4mod25 only, I apologise for not telling you that in first post.

Glad you sorted it out.

Edited by kenoxite

I Downloaded and tryed out the addon and Im having some problems with it:

1) I dont know how to use it--I can dig through the documentation to figue that out...

2) It seems like some of the backpack textures are missing on certain units--ie, East rifleman, etc.

1) The readme in "old v1.1 docs", both in pdf and html format, explain all that clearly. Check the section "HOW to USE the RUCKSACK". As I mentioned previously, it works the same way as the WGL backpacks (with minor differences). Here's what the readme says:

In order to take a magazine off the Rucksack, you don't put down the whole pocket but do the following:

1. in the Actionmenü select the entry weapon Rucksack

2. if different magazines are in the Rucksack, select the desired mag in the Actionmenü and reload

3. fire Rucksack just like any other weapon

4. the player bends down and puts a packet on the ground.

5. by a few seconds, the magazine can be taken off the packet

6. reload Rucksack or change weapon

The AI is not able to use the Rucksack like the player. If you´re playing as a squadleader, ordering your squad to drop a magazine doesn't really work. But it is possible to order the AI to drop the whole magazinebag. Then you can pick up the magazinbag and drop single magazines one by one. This is a good workaround and the AI is able to pick up single magazines.

Plesae use the Med-Kit when your hurt only. Otherwise it's wasted.

2) This version doesn't modify any functionality, it only expands Mapfact's Rucksack by adding support to WW4 ammo and fine-tunes some minor stuff. If v1.1 worked for you, this should as-well. Probably what you actually mean is that some units in the demo mission don't wear a backpack. That's expected, as the backpack uses the secondary weapon slot and units like AT riflemen already have that slot occupied by the special weapon. If you actually mean "textures" as textures, then it has something to do with not installing the addon properly, as all the backpacks are fully functional. Check the screenshots in the first post to see how they look like in-game.

Edited by kenoxite

If you actually mean "textures" as textures, then it has something to do with not installing the addon properly, as all the backpacks are fully functional. Check the screenshots in the first post to see how they look like in-game.

Yes, I meant the actual textures--the backpack is worn by the soldier but instead of it being textured, its just white. It works for most of the units but it seems that it is not textured for some East Riflemen. Is the orginal mapfact addon required?

Thanks for the explanation on how to use the backpack :)

No, the original addon isn't required.

What unit class is the one that is giving you problems? Basic WW4 east rifleman (motorized infantry rifleman)?

Does the problem show in the demo mission from the zip file in the first post or are you using a custom script?

In any case, all the needed textures are packed in the pbo, so if you can see and use the backpack in some units it should show and work the same for all the rest. Have in mind that the class of the unit shouldn't affect how the backpack is displayed at all (be it a rifleman, autorifleman, etc), as the backpack itself is always the same.

Try to re-download the file and replace the one you installed with that. Maybe it got corrupted somehow.

Okay, I will re-download. I will try to get a picture if it happens again

**EDIT**

Okay, it keeps happening. Here are some screenshots to illustrate:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Same soldiers, different positions. Also seems to happen at certain angles.

Edited by Blitzen

Thanks for the sshots.

I've been orbiting east riflemen like a crazy moon for a while now and I haven't found that glitch. Maybe I haven't managed to find the "sweet spot", but my bet is that it's something related to your WW4 install.

Now, you have to decide if the glitch is annoying enough to create a clean install of WW4 and try again or not. Also, just in case you didn't, test that again with only the rucksack addon and WW4 running.

Maybe someone else can bring some light on this kind of glitch.

I've updated the first post with info on a new script package that automatically equips units with rucksacks and allow AI units to make use of it. More info in this thread.

I've also added a demo mission using that scrip pack, plus other that you might find interesting.