Sign in to follow this  
Stiltman

ExA RG-31 Mk5

Guess what I've been making?

RG_zps3d1458c0.jpg

Just a thank you for these great vehicles. We use them in our custom MSO version... see them in action!!

Thanks, Savage. Nice video btw :)

Nope and nope. It's an early test of a future update: The MK5E.

We want to address the problem of seating capacity in our next few updates. We'll try to squeeze an extra seat or two into the MK5A in the next release, however this new variant will (hopefully) be in the update after next and will seat 10.

RG31_MK5E_render-test_303s_zps7ff75fe9.jpg

RG31_MK5E_render-test_301s_zpsfed791b3.jpg

RG31_MK5E_render-test_306s_zps15d3a8c7.jpg

RG31_MK5E_render-test_302s_zpsc26c024c.jpg

RG31_MK5E_render-test_304s_zps4db0ea9d.jpg

In its current state the MK5E is pretty terrible, I'm not gonna lie. I basically just hacked up the MK5A then copied, stretched, and butchered into looking like what you see here. It'll take some time to retexture the main sections and make all the new objects.

In the meantime, we're pushing forward with the new Gyrocam-equiped MK5A and dialing up the armour values ever so slightly. We hope you like the pics; more updates to come soon!

nice news , i looking foward to this ;) also i have a small question , tell me if i'm wrong but you've a brother who work on a different vehicule ? like a enginer one with the different detector is it right ?

Thanks, Savage. Nice video btw :)

I can't take credit myself another guy did the recording. If you ever want a video to go with a release or something just PM me we'd be happy to do it.

nice news , i looking foward to this ;) also i have a small question , tell me if i'm wrong but you've a brother who work on a different vehicule ? like a enginer one with the different detector is it right ?

That's right. Unfortunately we've had to put the Husky on hold for the moment. Everyone involved has multiple projects on the go so we're focusing on the ones we can complete first. Don't worry though, we haven't forgotten about and will get round to updating it, promise :)

------------------------------------------

Quick update on the Gyrocam. We've managed to get it into ArmA2 and initial tests are good.

Gyrocam_test_01S_zps0ef5576b.jpg

In my search for reference photos, I contacted Lockheed Martin's Gyrocam division this week and they were nice enough to send me pics of the control unit. They're good enough to be used as textures so I should be able to make this update as authentic as possible. I'll post some more pictures next week when I've finished modeling and texturing.

Edited by ExplosiveAids

Here are just a few pics, as promised, and a little progress report.

gyrocam_007_zps91015a77.jpg

gyrocam_006_zps211178ce.jpg

Gyrocam_test_02S_zps231c88dd.jpg

Gyrocam_test_04S_zpsde3ae6ca.jpg

Gyrocam_test_03S_zps5f63d46d.jpg

I finished modelling and texturing the Gyrocam's control unit and monitor the other day, so now I'm reorganising the interior to fit everything in. The lock box has been replaced with the camera-operator's chair, and I've managed to jam in another seat so you guys will now be able to carry 8 people (all RGs will have this setup, not just the new variant). Once I've got everything looking just right, we'll get the RG in-game and I'll take some new screenshots.

As well as the monitor and control unit, Lockheed Martin also sent me a picture of the Universal Interface Unit (basically, the thing they all plug into). Part of me wants to keep this as simple as possible, but the huge nerd in me wants to make this unit and wire up the whose system too. First things first though... get it all positioned and working, then consider the nerdy extras.

More pics to come soon.

hi cool work, where i can find good reference photos of Gyrocam? i have done one for cougars but its not pretty accurate as i wanted coz i couldnt find anything good

hi cool work, where i can find good reference photos of Gyrocam? i have done one for cougars but its not pretty accurate as i wanted coz i couldnt find anything good

Thanks, Cescollino. If you PM me your email address I'll send you some photos to help out.

Top work guys! Must be some 'nerds' at Lockheed Martin too Exa.

Either that or the Marketing Manager has got in on the act and wants us all to buy one!

Love this beast!

My only issue:

After depboing I found your add_wheels.sqf and I use it instead of the module...

I am trying to do this as well, and can't seem to get it to work.

I grabbed the add_wheels.sqf and wheel_check.sqf (referenced in the add_wheels.sqf) from the pbo, dropped them into the "scripts" folder of my mission. I then edited the last lines of each .sqf so as to reflect the new address, from this:

[_caller] execVM "\ExA_RG31\modules\wheels\wheel_check.sqf";

to this:

[_caller] execVM "scripts\wheel_check.sqf";

I have the ACE Spare Tyre module placed on the map.

My vehicle init is:

null = this execVM "scripts\add_wheels.sqf";

I am only getting the single spare from ACE. Clearly I am doing something wrong, as I am still a bit of a dunce when it comes to scripting. Any thoughts?

_veh = _ this select 0;
if (isServer) then {
_veh spawn {
	waitUntil {time > 0};
	_tyre = createVehicle ["ACE_Spare_Tyre_HDAPC", [0,0,0], [], 0, "NONE"];
	[[_tyre], _this] call ACE_fnc_loadCargo;
};
};

init of rg-31:

[this] call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "add_wheels.sqf"

Edited by cuel

Brilliant, thanks cuel!

If you don't mind, I'm having trouble figuring out how to add/remove these tires to a vehicle that has already spawned - for example, through a "repair zone" trigger, or even just an addaction that drops a tire one meter behind the player, so they can load it in manually.

Regarding the former, I have managed to put together something that works, but it adds a tire to any vehicle that enters the repair zone, regardless of whether it needs it or can even use it. I've played around with else/if and switch, but no success there.

For the latter, I've made it this far with no success:

private ["_player","_dir","_dist","_tyreLoc","_tyre"];

_player = _this select 0;

_dir = getDir _player -180;
_dist = 1;
_tyreLoc =	[(getPos _player select 0) + (_dist * sin(_dir)), (getPos _player select 1) + (_dist * cos(_dir)), 0];

_tyre = "ACE_Spare_Tyre_HDAPC" createVehicle _tyreLoc;

I'm executing it through an addaction, but nothing happens. Clearly I am doing something wrong here.

I'm not necessarily looking for a complete answer, but a nudge in the right direction would be much appreciated!

Edited by Harzach

_veh = _ this select 0;
if (isServer) then {
_veh spawn {
	waitUntil {time > 0};
	_tyre = createVehicle ["ACE_Spare_Tyre_HDAPC", [0,0,0], [], 0, "NONE"];
	[[_tyre], _this] call ACE_fnc_loadCargo;
};
};

init of rg-31:

[this] call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "add_wheels.sqf"

Thanks for this Cuel

Different question...

Is it me, or is the zoom level on the mounted guns a bit exaggerated? Is there any way to get them closer to "normal"?

th_hmvrg31comp_zps8563f71e.png

(click thumb for full view)

As you can see, the RG-31's normal and zoomed-out views are not that different from each other, and are just about identical to the HMMWV's zoomed-in view.

Thanks for this Cuel

Seriously - not only has cuel always been extremely helpful (and succinct), but that one post pretty much slapped me awake to the whole ACE function thing.

^ paid him to say that :p

Looks like I need to pimp up my profile page here

We are loving the RG-31's. We never leave base without a least on in the convoy.

We have just one small issues. When we try to use the sights on the M2 we cant use our nvgs. We haven't had this issue with other M2's. Is this a know bug/feature or is this only something that we are experiencing maybe a conflict with another addon. It also appears that the gun is sighted for the top hoop not on the sight post.

Thank you for the hard work.

Yeah, these things are being worked on and will be fixed for the next update :)

One more thing:

On the M2 version, the bullets hit a little bit above the sight.

The accuracy is not good.

I think that's because the zero point on the M2 was set to the top of the arch that goes over the front post, rather than the top of the post itself.