Sign in to follow this  
Stiltman

ExA RG-31 Mk5

Hi guys. Thanks for all the feedback, we're gonna try to sort out as many issues as possible for next update to keep you all smiling. The Gyrocam is still being fine-tuned the seating capacity is now looking a lot better.

Until then, I thought I'd share a few rendered/photoshopped images of the upcoming MK5E. It still won't be in v1.1 but we should have a beta truck ready in the next few weeks for our testers.

RG31_MK5E_render-test_402S_zpsbcfa613e.jpg

RG31_MK5E_render-test_401S_zps8fac81be.jpg

RG31_MK5E_render-test_403S_zps622c3828.jpg

I've managed to get this far by using the old MK5A's textures but I'll have to make new ones before I can call this complete. There need to be more rear storage bins, different signs on the rear door, and a few other little things too. It'll be a long process but at least the MK5E is now sitting in Oxygen, partly assembled. More updates to come!

That's the beastie I'm really looking forward to! Looks great so far. Any chance of an M240 version?

Perfect looking models.

I know that this question pretty usual this days, but is there any plans to port Mk5s in Arma 3? :)

That's the beastie I'm really looking forward to! Looks great so far. Any chance of an M240 version?

There will always be a chance for a m240, we aim to please, so if a m240 is something people want to see we will see what we can do about that. ;)

I know that this question pretty usual this days, but is there any plans to port Mk5s in Arma 3? :)

Hmm.. let me think..... ....... ......... Yes!! :P

Hi guys. Thanks for all the feedback, we're gonna try to sort out as many issues as possible for next update to keep you all smiling. The Gyrocam is still being fine-tuned the seating capacity is now looking a lot better.

Until then, I thought I'd share a few rendered/photoshopped images of the upcoming MK5E. It still won't be in v1.1 but we should have a beta truck ready in the next few weeks for our testers.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p121/explosiveaids/RG31_MK5E_render-test_402S_zpsbcfa613e.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p121/explosiveaids/RG31_MK5E_render-test_401S_zps8fac81be.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p121/explosiveaids/RG31_MK5E_render-test_403S_zps622c3828.jpg

I've managed to get this far by using the old MK5A's textures but I'll have to make new ones before I can call this complete. There need to be more rear storage bins, different signs on the rear door, and a few other little things too. It'll be a long process but at least the MK5E is now sitting in Oxygen, partly assembled. More updates to come!

Any chance of adding something like these http://www.armyrecognition.com/images/stories/north_america/united_states/wheeled_armoured/rg-31_mk5e/pictures/RG-31_Mk5E_BAE_Systems_mine_protected_wheeled_armoured_vehicle_United_States_US_army_001.jpg

another bug found:

with RG31 M2 version, when I use the M2 and use the iron sight, it disables NVG

We do have plans for both mineroller and cage yes, when im not sure but as soon as time permits and we feel the base variants are done :)

Im still working on tweaking damage values on the RG31 trying to get it a little better than before to get disabled more and not completely destroyed and also fixing

some reported bugs, ExA have been working on the Mk5e pretty much now and it might be ready alot sooner than planned.

Also work has started very slightly in arma 3 to, we dont have enought to start a thread for the arma 3 versions yet but i thought i put in a teaser here :P

arma3_rg31.jpg

Ive just recently had the time to play with this wonderful APC and have found some problems while operation this vehicle.

1. Turn circle is to big and the APC does not rotate properly around its wheel base, instead it rotates off center making turning almost impossible

2.Acceleration problem in low gear makes driving at low speeds very hard & makes it impossible to get over small rocks and walls etc.

Now looking at the date of this topic i guess you have moved on to ArmA3 or have determined that you cannot upgrade these problems anymore. But looking at how great this model is and how well it all was made it is a shame to see such a nice APC preform so bad. Thanks!

It would appear that the latest update (1.0.0.1) on play withSix is broken. After the update, the mod folder contains only the .bikey file and nothing else. Not sure if this was a real update done by the orignal authors or just six screwing up something, but it would be nice if you could look into it. Thanks!

This is a vehicle that deserves to roll in the hills of Altis......... Will we ever see this awesome awesome beast ported to Arma 3.

This is a vehicle that deserves to roll in the hills of Altis......... Will we ever see this awesome awesome beast ported to Arma 3.

Take a look at the FFAA mod.

Thanks for the heads up. Downloading now!