Sign in to follow this  
Stiltman

ExA RG-31 Mk5

Beautiful addon! I had a chance to play with the MRAP yesterday, they are really excellently modeled and textured. Thank you!

Ah... there it is! Looks awesome mates. Really nicely done. Downloading now and having some fun with it ;) Thanks for this nice masterpiece!

LJ

And thank you too, for the awesome audio wizardry you did on the RG :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's nice to see that the truck is getting a positive reaction; I hope everyone gave it a proper testing over the weekend. We've already got a shortlist of things to work on for our next update so once we start working on them I'll post some pics here. Thanks again everyone for putting up with our year-long MRAP tease-a-thon, we'll do our best to keep making it better.

Thanks again everyone for putting up with our year-long MRAP tease-a-thon, we'll do our best to keep making it better.

Trust me, it was well worth every bit of waiting and being teased for hands down. Did a great job on 'em! :)

And thank you too, for the awesome audio wizardry you did on the RG :)

It was a pleasure working for this baby and givin it a soul ;) If there are any more stuff to taking care, you know where to find me! Thanks alot...

LJ

Absolutely :)

We wanted to make a this version for our initial release but didn't have the time.

This project isn't finished yet though, so we'll be adding a lot of extra stuff to the RG.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

It was a pleasure working for this baby and givin it a soul ;) If there are any more stuff to taking care, you know where to find me! Thanks alot...

LJ

You did a perfect job on the RG so I don't think there's anything else to do. However, Stiltman and I have a huge list of things we want to make in the future so we'll definitely let you know what we have planned!

Great addon.

However, a few suggestions:

Let the woodland version with USMC guys in the USMC side

Put the desert version with US guys in the US side.

For the moment, All the versions are in the USMC side with USMC guys (woodland camo) which is weird for the desert version.

I have to say the sounds of the RG-31 are great, but the sound of the turret is not good at all. The sound of the turret is that of the turret turning on the handcrank. Not mechanical like the sound of a tank turret turning. Would be great if you could get the correct turret turning sound in! Also every so often, one of my guys in the RG gets shot out by SAF. Im not talking like DShKMs im talking like PKMs and AKs. Is this a known bug?

Can someone make a replacement config for theses, would love to reeplace the uparmored hmmwvs with the RG-31? Iv tried to make one but had errors and didnt work right!

Dave,

The most elaborate vehicle addon I have seen so far! Superb work! :cool:

Proabably one of the best, if not the best, MRAPs out there. Absolutely brilliant work here. We use these in our unit with no regrets or complaints whatsoever.

Hi

I have a problem you might be able to help me with. I really liked your addon so I decided to put it into one of my missions, which fully utilizes the ACE spare tyre system (heavy fighting against insurgents in Takistan and the tyres get shot several times) and also contains a vehicle respawn system. You can take a look at the respawn system here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6080&highlight=VEHICLE%2BRESPAWN

And now the problem:

If I have only an RG-31, an ACE spare tyre module and an Exa spare tyre module, which is synchronized with the vehicle (either in the editor or with a command), I have three spare tyres.

If I have an RG-31, an ACE spare tyre module and an Exa spare tyre module (named spwheelmodule) and use the respawn script, I have this in the init field of the vehicle:

spwheelmodule synchronizeObjectsAdd [this]; {this addMagazineTurret ["48Rnd_40mm_MK19",[0]]} foreach [1,2,3,4,5]; if (isServer) then {this addMagazineCargoGlobal ["pipebomb", 3]}; veh = [this, 120, 900, 0, FALSE, FALSE, "spwheelmodule synchronizeObjectsAdd [this]; if (isServer) then {this addMagazineCargoGlobal ['pipebomb', 3]}; {this addMagazineTurret ['48Rnd_40mm_MK19',[0]]} foreach [1,2,3,4,5];"] execVM "vehicle.sqf";

So the code which is run every time the vehicle respawns is:

spwheelmodule synchronizeObjectsAdd [this]; if (isServer) then {this addMagazineCargoGlobal ['pipebomb', 3]}; {this addMagazineTurret ['48Rnd_40mm_MK19',[0]]} foreach [1,2,3,4,5];

First I have three spare tyres in the cargo hold but after the first respawn only one.

I have tried to create an exa spare tyre module with createvehicle, tried to name the vehicle and use e.g. spwheelmodule synchronizeObjectsAdd [exa1], etc. but nothing works. I have the feeling that the module does not work after the first respawn. The vehicle respawn script works properly because I have the desired number of pipeboms, magazines, etc.

Do you have any idea what the problem could be?

Actually I have solved my own problem. After depboing I found your add_wheels.sqf and I use it instead of the module (which I think cannot be resychronized). It works perfectly! Once again guys, this is a great addon! :jump_clap:

Edited by b1944

If I have only an RG-31, an ACE spare tyre module and an Exa spare tyre module, which is synchronized with the vehicle (either in the editor or with a command), I have three spare tyres.

Hehe, good job in finding a solution :P cos im not that good at scripts so i wouldnt have a clue how to fix it :)

but i think that our module adds 2 wheels, so if running ace and our module it will add 3wheels since our script has no check if ace spare tyre module is active.. i think.

I have to say the sounds of the RG-31 are great, but the sound of the turret is not good at all. The sound of the turret is that of the turret turning on the handcrank. Not mechanical like the sound of a tank turret turning.

Let the woodland version with USMC guys in the USMC side

Put the desert version with US guys in the US side.

I will look into all this for the next update. :)

And to all the people that use the RG-31, ive been looking at numerous clans from across the world on youtube that use it and it looks really good

so we hope you all like it, and are looking forward for the next update. ;)

This is just a mini update to show you guys our Gyrocam; just one of the things we have planned for our first update.

RG31_gyrocam_101_zpsae7d68be.jpg

RG31_gyrocam_103_zpsa6b9d603.jpg

RG31_gyrocam_102_zps68e2606a.jpg

RG31_gyrocam_105_zps3e9ebdbc.jpg

RG31_gyrocam_104_zps091405e8.jpg

Please excuse the dodgy untextured pictures, I'm still in the process of finishing everything off.

This is just a mini update to show you guys our Gyrocam; just one of the things we have planned for our first update.

Please excuse the dodgy untextured pictures, I'm still in the process of finishing everything off.

Really nice !!!

I have an ask, we tested the MPV last weekend on our server and saw that the armor is really bad against normel rifle fire.

I can shoot the driver through the door like the door never existed. Is that normal? did we something wrong?

Thanks for information

I can shoot the driver through the door like the door never existed. Is that normal? did we something wrong?

hmm.. sounds strange, i just did a quick test.. vanilla no ACE.. and both glass and armor stopped for most weapons

9mm, 5.56 and 7.62, M9, M4, M16, AK74, AKM and so on, only assault rifle that it didint stop for some reason was the SCAR heavy that seemed to go right through the glass, but not armor.

but ill look more into it for the next release to :)

Seem's strange I thought the scar heavy in OA just fired 7.62 Nato, and in real life these things can hold up to dshk fire, but that turret doesnt fair so well with rpg's ,lol these look great bring back a lot of memories and a lot of memories doing a 17 point turn on the side of a mountain and knocking over a stone wall.

_tcsjhpuAJU

So, nothing more than a small teaser ;)
but it is in-game finally.

So, nothing more than a small teaser ;)

but it is in-game finally.

Now that is what I call a Teaser.

Nice work as ever !

Edited by Foxhound
do not quote videos

This kind of situation comes to mind from the teaser video...

cjZXR.jpg

This will be a nice addition! :D

will you change the guy inside the MRAP as I mentionned?

US guy for desert version and USMC guy for woodlan version?

Just a thank you for these great vehicles. We use them in our custom MSO version... see them in action!!