Sign in to follow this  
SteinTroll

Binarize.exe won't cooperate...

I wanted to binarize my quick retexture of Sanc's exelent modders resource (thank you for that:notworthy:) for testing purposes, mainly cause Eliteness 2.91 wouldn't pack it to .pbo because an unbinarized .p3d.

arctic_warfare.jpg

I probably have something setup wrong in the Binarize folder... But it still is strange because a few weeks ago it wouldn't even binarize brsseb's tutorial "crate". But then I didn't have Colonel Klink's binarizeIT, now the crate gets binarized but... not my "test_man" . Here's my setup while testing textures and merging bodyparts in o2/bulldozer;

Textures in "test_man/01" folder and model in "P3Dbody-parts" folder..

setup_while_editing.jpg

And here's my setup and what happens hen I try to binarize;

Everything in "test_man" folder (textures, model and config), also tried same folder setup as when editing...

Setup_while_BinarizingIt.jpg

Could there be a problem with the P3D or with the example config?

Thanx in advance for any replys!

-Tyrant

Edited by Tyrant

Use another packing tool that allows unbinarized models, such as PboX or some others. Binarizing isn't really useful for testing purpose, unless you make use of some material lighting.

Edited by ProfTournesol

Thank you, for the quick reply!

I'll try that... but in the off chance that I release something in the future, isn't binarizing an important part of optimizing and making the addon bug free?

But atleast I'll be able to test for now... thanks!:)

-Tyrant

The way Ive always done it is to place the addon folder in the binarize folder. Now I use binarizeIT!, so its not that much of an issue anymore. Im on a different computer right now, so I cant check the exact setup right now but I think thats how I did it ...

Well I got to testing in-game, by using "WinPBO" by Nashe Orujie. Still no luck binarizing tho., even if i placed all files in one folder (test_man) in the Binarize folder and used BinarizeIT! No errors ingame, works great :).

ArcticWarfareBlackops.jpg

How do one get blood textures to work btw? :p

Hello Tyrant.

It's really great that you are making ww4mod based winter camouflage soldiers.

If you want your BinarizeIT.exe to work. I can share my experience...

At first I got Binarize2 from: http://www.ofpec.com/editors-depot/index.php?action=details&id=169 and placed Binarize2 at the Z:\binarize2 (virtual Z drive)

Then I put BinarizeIT.exe inside binarize2 folder.

Launch .BAT file to create virtual drive and launch BinarizeIT.exe inside binarize2 folder.

Please respond if method works for you.

Take care, Icarus

Edited by Icarus

Please respond if method works for you.

Take care, Icarus

Hi, and thank you! My experimentation will have to wait for a while. It's my workshift next week (16h/day minimum) so I'm not shure when I'll be able to resume testing. But I'll get back to you asap, maby even tomorrow if I find the time. If not, thanks and see you next week.

-Tyrant