Waxbutter

Hell in the Pacific 0.5 beta release

Excuse me.. When I open the maps up in the editor.. How come there isn't that much vegetation?

Which maps? Some are still WIP tasters of what is to come.

Which maps? Some are still WIP tasters of what is to come.

Guadalcanal for example. Any other map also.

Yep, Guadalcanal is in very early stage of development. Maps that 99% done are Tarawa and Peleliu. Kohima is next, but probably only 60% complete. All the others are WIP tasters of what is to come in future releases.

This "air carrier" gamemode won't work that well. I mean, where are the planes?

I'm not sure what your referring to? One of our missions?

EDIT:

Assuming your talking about getting a plane on a carrier.

Go to the rear elevator (marked as a square on the deck) and stand behind it. Look down the length of the carrier and check your action menu. You should see an option for "Rear Elevator". Click it and a dialog box appears. Select the plane you want and click "Confirm".

Edited by Foxy

Waiting for new HiP news/updates/bugfixes/pics/trailers and some nice Coop (for ~10-20 players) + SP missions. ;)

Is there any particular reason that HIP is removing the ability for me to use parachutes? Tried googling and didn't find anything particularly helpful, didn't see anything in the manual either.

Where you the pilot? Did you use our moduls?

I've tried being the pilot and being a passenger of all kinds of planes, this includes every aircraft in the game. The parachutes only fail to work when HIP is loaded, when I load Arma 2 vanilla or any other mod without HIP parachutes work perfectly. I haven't touched the modules, I'll take a look now, assuming I understand what's happening! Thanks for the reply.

EDIT No luck with any modules, not sure what I should be looking for.

Edited by TotalEclipse

Its the Arma backpack bug. Check the bottom of page 16 of the manual under "Backpacks for vehicle crews" for a fix. Or you can add the backpacks manually using

[i]unitName[/i] addBackPack "WX_us_parachute_backpack";

or

[i]unitName[/i] addBackPack "WX_us_parachute_backpack_paratrooper";

Its the Arma backpack bug. Check the bottom of page 16 of the manual under "Backpacks for vehicle crews" for a fix. Or you can add the backpacks manually using

[i]unitName[/i] addBackPack "WX_us_parachute_backpack";

or

[i]unitName[/i] addBackPack "WX_us_parachute_backpack_paratrooper";

This seems to work, thanks very much.

Today Saturday June 29 Im going to HOST game on our server.

All are welcome! Public small event.

:yay:

Server:

DaOarges Hell In Pacific Server

Hi

For various reasons I haven't been able to do more than test out the mod so far. Very pretty models, even the unfinished ones. However I noticed a few bugs:

Editor-placed ships start off moving. That means they can run aground before the player cottons on. I think the default should be engines off.

Also, planes automatically take pff - or try to. I set some up on the Peleliu airfield (three Zeroes, in formation, aligned in a 'file' formation). In the first run one took off immediately without waypoints or other orders & headed roughly NNE; the other two tried to follow that direction before taking off, result they both piled into buildings.

Second run all 3 turned NNE and jammed themselves into the buildings/fences N of the airstrip.

Again default should be engines off IMHO. Also I think that the airfield probably needs some tweaking if it is to be useful for AI-controlled take-off and landing.

Final point is probably not resolvable at this late stage, but even a small say 1m high banana (?) plant will stop an M1A1, let alone a WWII vehicle. This severely & unrealistically limits vehicle movement even in lightly-vegetated areas.

I just want to say thx for all who was playing yesterday.

Best moment was during the fight for hill bill on Guadalcanal tvt mission when Japanese team Banzai charge us.

Epic, panic when I try to reload and see you guys come closer at full bayonet charge. Slaughter house on top of that hill for both sides.

:)

Thanks for feedback Orcinus. :)

Editor-placed ships start off moving. That means they can run aground before the player cottons on. I think the default should be engines off.
I've not seen them do this and can't reproduce it. Can you give more details. I'm presuming they are manned by AI?
Also, planes automatically take pff - or try to. I set some up on the Peleliu airfield (three Zeroes, in formation, aligned in a 'file' formation). In the first run one took off immediately without waypoints or other orders & headed roughly NNE; the other two tried to follow that direction before taking off, result they both piled into buildings.

Second run all 3 turned NNE and jammed themselves into the buildings/fences N of the airstrip.

Again default should be engines off IMHO. Also I think that the airfield probably needs some tweaking if it is to be useful for AI-controlled take-off and landing.

Yeah atm there are no airfields (as far as the AI are concerned) so its not possible to get the planes to take off yet. I tried scripting an AI take off, but it looked pretty bad. I know its a high priority on the list though so we can expect this to be fixed in an update. As to why the pilot starts the engine, I've no idea, but no vehicles in HIP are set up to automatically start the engines afaik.... something else is going on there. Hopefully proper airfields will fix this too.
Final point is probably not resolvable at this late stage, but even a small say 1m high banana (?) plant will stop an M1A1, let alone a WWII vehicle. This severely & unrealistically limits vehicle movement even in lightly-vegetated areas.
Waxbutter/Dimitri would be able to explain why it is like this better than I can, but I believe its to do with an issue/bug thats been around in Arma for a while (?). That being if you allow trees to be knocked over they become invisible to the AI and you end up getting shot by AI that can see you but you can't see them. Anyway this may change, but in general terms we're aware of the problems with vehicle movement and again this is high on the priority list.

Thanks again for you input. Feedback is always welcomed.

Maby getting a Game going, I mean its weekend, see if we can get some players on the server.

:bounce3:

I will come on, I couldnt get on last time unfortunately