Waxbutter

Hell in the Pacific 0.5 beta release

FeedBack: Here's a good way to disable the team HUD.As the instructions just said to set it to 0 and "keep it that way". Initially, to me, that meant either simply setting it to 0 in the init.sqf (which that alone doesn't work as the variable hasn't been initialized yet) or, put it into some loop. Took me a second to realize I just needed a nil check. Maybe a more clear explanation in the pdf could prevent some confusion in the future.

init.sqf

[]Spawn
{
    WaitUntil {!(IsNil "ST_FTHud_ShownUI")};
    ST_FTHud_ShownUI = 0;
};

Edited by Iceman77

Thanks for feedback Iceman77. Points noted. :)

Oh and ST_FTHud_ShownUI = 3; turns the hud back on again, if you wanted to.

I just wanted to say a big Thank You to the Hell in the Pacific devs!

I'm really enjoying this mod and so are the guys in my squad. Well done!! The attention to detail and the general feel of the HIP gameplay is outstanding:)

We have been running HIP on the [XSYS] Sweden dedicated server for the last couple of weeks. If anyone is interested in serious but friendly co-op games in the Pacific theater please drop by anytime :cool:

/ ]NTRUDER

FeedBack: Regarding the flamethrower units, if you set special to incargo, when the player gets out of the vehicle he no longer has the flamethrower tank. You get one quick burp, and no more ammo. Tested with the LCVP & the LVTA2. Also, IJA (Camo) flamethrower unit is missing the tank all together.

notank.jpg

Workaround:

[]Spawn 
{
 WaitUntil {sleep 1;Vehicle Player == Player};
 Player addbackpack "wx_us_m2_flamethrower_Backpack";
};

Edited by Iceman77

Thanks again for the feedback.

As an alternative fix for the flamethrower backpack missing when you get out instead of using the incargo option to put the unit in the vehicle you can use:

this moveInCargo [i]vehicleName[/i]

Just saves on the waitUntil.

Also just fyi, we do have dev-heaven for bug reporting.

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/hip

:)

EDIT: Ignore me... just seen you've already made a request.

Will do that when I take a break from working with the mod.

Heh good one... when you do it's about time we fired up that server and had ourselves some war in the jungle, you guys fancy filling up a boat and wiping out an island or two anytime soon? I need an excuse to blast out the Pacific's soundtrack again.

This is known vanilla bug (mentioned in the HIP manual incl. workaround).

Vote for it HERE if you want it solved.

Cheers,

D.

Hey. Thanks for the info. Didn't even realize this ;). In regards to the work around, think I'll just use moveincargo as suggested or just add the backpack :p

regards,

David

Heh good one...
Indeed :biggrin_o:
you guys fancy filling up a boat and wiping out an island or two anytime soon?
Yeah definitely... we could do with a chat/catch up session.

Heh good one... when you do it's about time we fired up that server and had ourselves some war in the jungle, you guys fancy filling up a boat and wiping out an island or two anytime soon? I need an excuse to blast out the Pacific's soundtrack again.

YES!!

I suggest we make a Public event, bring as many Pacific player together for a Large battle!

YES!!

I suggest we make a Public event, bring as many Pacific player together for a Large battle!

Do it :yay:

Public event Friday 22.

See if we can get some players on for Co op and tvt!

Hell yeh i am keen as , Hey We might be related same last name lol :) :cool:

I have jumped on server few times, I think it was yours, The intro was amazing !

Nev

Public event Friday 22.

See if we can get some players on for Co op and tvt!

Hell (in the pacific) yeah.

After doing a little coop every now and then, it would be rather awesome getting enough players together to actually test the pvp- side of this superb piece of modding

(or have a bigger coop...)

I'll be there. :D

we see what we will do and how many players that will show up, We will just try to have a very fun time, who ever show up.

This our team speak:

http://daoarge.net/contact.html

Server:

DaOarges Hell In Pacific Server

Edited by Mr Pedersen

Sorry I missed your event :( I got sick with the stomach flu. Oh happy days.

I hope there are more public events in the pipeline :)

Sorry to say real life decided to get in the way of attending, look forward to next time!

Is anybody making missions for HIP? I haven't seen any posted, or submitted to Armaholic, nor have I received any submissions to my site,

I have the same number of missions hosted when i first starting hosting HIP missions.

Thought you guys were releasing an update or a mission pack? unless I missed it.

not much in editing ATM, and I usually work with 1.0 (or more) version of mods.

as long as HIP is not 1.0, I don't think I'll work on it.

however, I think when 1.0 is released and if we have a complete classlist.txt file with it, I may work on making SP missions