Waxbutter

Hell in the Pacific 0.5 beta release

@Dimitri: The Carrier Command one has it all working, for one exception. If i park a Plane on the Elevators after a succesfull landing, i cannot move it down to the Hangar Deck anymore. I *can* attach them to the deck, i can take-off, and i can transfer planes from hangar to the deck, takeoff, land again, but then i can't stow the very same plane back into the Hangar, even if it's perfectly 100% ontop of the elevator.

Thank you for your help!.

Also, quoting myself:

- One thing maybe, water seems to clip through the Boats. That might be Fixable, i hope. (pookie fixed it with his RHIB's, so that should be doable)

^disregard this. Was a problem on my end with LOD's and a watermod i still had in ArmA2OA/addons and thus i did not notice. Apologies for any inconvinience, the boats work perfectly as intended.

Will the missions be only MP?

Or do you plan to release SP for the update?

There are no SP missions in the upcoming mission pack. Want to make some?

Well, ATM I must update all my work.

Then, I may work on a campaign for I44.

Last but not least, I only work with mods 1.0 at least.

Lots of things are missing or uncomplete ATM in this beta 0.5, so I will wait for 1.0 before working with it.

Btw, why none of you make SP mission(s)?

Personally I've always made mp missions and that's how I like to play the game (with like minded people). So SP never really crosses my mind.

Thank you for all the help just untill now.

When playing Part II of "Terror in Tarawa" i was wondering if there is already a possibility to script vehicles (Tanks?) to be stored in the Attack Transports, and can they be somehow loaded into the landing crafts? Also, which script is responsible for the function to attach Landing Boats to the Attack transport Ships, so i could make them be attached to there by default?

@Günter:

The last release had 11 missions, the upcoming one will have ~12-15.

Cheers, D.

Good deal, excellent, that should give folks something to play!

If those interested in Sp and not interested in MP missions that the HIP will have, just setup your own server, basically host the missions yourself,

and lock your server and play them, they will be considered sp missions if you do that because well... your playing by yourself, plus with the mp missions

you get some extra added benefits that you cannot in sp such as respawn.

Its also worth noting that many of our mp missions have dynamic AI numbers, by that I mean the AI numbers are adjusted according to the number of players, which hopefully makes the missions playable regardless of player numbers.

i was wondering if there is already a possibility to script vehicles (Tanks?) to be stored in the Attack Transports, and can they be somehow loaded into the landing crafts?
Yes. Vehicles and landing craft can all be stored in the Attack Transports, moved into position, the boats can then be unloaded and the vehicles loaded into the landing craft. I've not actually done this in a mission yet myself so we may need to wait for Dimitri to show you how. Edited by Foxy

Does this work ingame with actions, too?

I want to load a M5A1 Light Tank onto a LCM3 Landing Craft. So i drove the Craft to the shore anchored it, lowered the ramp and we drove the tank onto the Craft. Now with cargo menu, i could e.g. store cargo from the Tank (such as ammoboxes) into the LCM and vice versa - but i couldn't load the tank itself to the LCM (it shows me a Tanks 0/1, so there must be space for one?). I mean, it wouldn't be a problem, i could simpy use an attachto script, but if it's already built in the mod, i would use that method rater.

I *could* meanwhile load a tank into a Attack/Transport ship and from there, load it into a LC3 - but i could not unload it, from the LCM3 to the Beach, because in the LCM3's Cargo menu, it showed me that there#s nothing in it. Also, loading Tank from the Beach into a LCM didn't work.

Logistics Module & function mpdule is placed. All tanks and Boats utilized are named.

Also, is there a Possibility to spawn an Empty Attack/Transport ship, where the Guns are Empty, too? Since they seem to be attached Static Models, they will always appear crewed.

Edited by Elena

Atm the tank needs to be on the shore, not on the LCM, then it will be automatically loaded and attached to the boat.

EDIT: I just unloaded and then loaded a M5A1 with no problems... so I'm not sure why you can't.

Atm there is no option to spawn an attack transport with the guns empty. Maybe in an update that will be included.

Yet another edit:

Here is part of the attack transport script that sets up the guns without the gunner part so you can add them yourself to an unarmed version of the attack transport:

_NavalGun_Bow = "wx_us_navalgun" createvehicle[0,0,0];

_NavalGun_Bow attachto [_ship,[0,0,0],"NavalGun_Bow"];

_NavalGun_Stern = "WX_us_NavalGun_aft" createvehicle[0,0,0];

_NavalGun_Stern attachto [_ship,[0,0,0],"NavalGun_Stern"];

_Bofors_Twin_Portside_01 = "wx_us_bofors_twin_portside" createvehicle[0,0,0];

_Bofors_Twin_Portside_01 attachto [_ship,[0,0,0],"Bofors_Twin_Portside_01"];

_Bofors_Twin_Portside_02 = "wx_us_bofors_twin_portside" createvehicle[0,0,0];

_Bofors_Twin_Portside_02 attachto [_ship,[0,0,0],"Bofors_Twin_Portside_02"];

_Bofors_Twin_Portside_03 = "wx_us_bofors_twin_portside" createvehicle[0,0,0];

_Bofors_Twin_Portside_03 attachto [_ship,[0,0,0],"Bofors_Twin_Portside_03"];

_Bofors_Twin_Portside_04 = "wx_us_bofors_twin_portside" createvehicle[0,0,0];

_Bofors_Twin_Portside_04 attachto [_ship,[0,0,0],"Bofors_Twin_Portside_04"];

_Bofors_Twin_Portside_05 = "wx_us_bofors_twin_portside" createvehicle[0,0,0];

_Bofors_Twin_Portside_05 attachto [_ship,[0,0,0],"Bofors_Twin_Portside_05"];

_Bofors_Twin_Starboard_01 = "wx_us_bofors_twin_starboard" createvehicle[0,0,0];

_Bofors_Twin_Starboard_01 attachto [_ship,[0,0,0],"Bofors_Twin_Starboard_01"];

_Bofors_Twin_Starboard_02 = "wx_us_bofors_twin_starboard" createvehicle[0,0,0];

_Bofors_Twin_Starboard_02 attachto [_ship,[0,0,0],"Bofors_Twin_Starboard_02"];

_Bofors_Twin_Starboard_03 = "wx_us_bofors_twin_starboard" createvehicle[0,0,0];

_Bofors_Twin_Starboard_03 attachto [_ship,[0,0,0],"Bofors_Twin_Starboard_03"];

_Bofors_Twin_Starboard_04 = "wx_us_bofors_twin_starboard" createvehicle[0,0,0];

_Bofors_Twin_Starboard_04 attachto [_ship,[0,0,0],"Bofors_Twin_Starboard_04"];

_Bofors_Twin_Starboard_05 = "wx_us_bofors_twin_starboard" createvehicle[0,0,0];

_Bofors_Twin_Starboard_05 attachto [_ship,[0,0,0],"Bofors_Twin_Starboard_05"];

_Bofors_Quad_Portside_01 = "wx_us_bofors_twin_portside" createvehicle[0,0,0];

_Bofors_Quad_Portside_01 attachto [_ship,[0,0,0],"Bofors_Quad_Portside_01"];

_Bofors_Quad_Starboard_01 = "wx_us_bofors_twin_starboard" createvehicle[0,0,0];

_Bofors_Quad_Starboard_01 attachto [_ship,[0,0,0],"Bofors_Quad_Starboard_01"];

---------- Post added at 13:15 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

Elena, when you tried to load the tank onto the LCM (from the beach) did you use the cargo options on the boat or the tank? You need to use the cargo options on the boat.

---------- Post added at 15:01 ---------- Previous post was at 13:15 ----------

ok just to clarify loading tanks onto LCM's and Attack Transports.

To load a tank called tank1 (in this case a sherman) onto an LCM called lcm1 use this code:

DIH_log_dc_LCM1 =
[
[
     "wx_us_m4a2",      //Classname
     tank1,             //Vehicle name
     [[],[]],
     [[],[]],
     [[],[]]
] 
];

lcm1 setVariable ["DIH_log_cargo",DIH_log_dc_LCM1,true];

if (isServer) then {_crap = [tank1,lcm1] execVM "\DIH_logistics\scripts\DIH_log_fnc_aToT.sqf"};

To load a different vehicle just change the classname and the vehiclename.

To load a tank onto an attack transport called ship1 use the following code (note there is no need to preplace the tank):

DIH_log_dc_ship1 =
[
       [
     "wx_us_m4a2",
     objNull,
     [[],[]],
     [[],[]],
     [[],[]]
]
];

ship1 setVariable ["DIH_log_cargo",DIH_log_dc_ship1,true];

You can put more than 1 vehicle in the attack transports like this:

DIH_log_dc_ship1 =
[
 	[
     "wx_us_m4a2",
     objNull,
     [[],[]],
     [[],[]],
     [[],[]]
], 
       [
     "wx_us_m4a2",
     objNull,
     [[],[]],
     [[],[]],
     [[],[]]
]
];

ship1 setVariable ["DIH_log_cargo",DIH_log_dc_ship1,true];

Want to set up some ammoboxes?

DIH_USWeapon1 =     [
       "WX_WeaponBox_US",
       objNull,
       [[		"WX_US_m1918A2_BAR",
		"WX_US_M1_Carbine",
		"WX_US_M1_Garand",
		"WX_US_m1903A4_Springfield",

"WX_US_M1919",
		"wx_US_m1a1_bazooka",
		"WX_US_M2_Carbine",
		"WX_US_M3_GreaseGun",

"WX_US_Thompson_M1928A1",
		"WX_US_Shotgun",
		"wx_flaregun",
		"WX_US_m1911",

"WX_US_M1_Garand_M1_Bayonet_item",
		"WX_US_M1_Garand_M7A1_item",
		"WX_US_M2_flamethrower",
		"itemRadio"
		],[

5]],
       [[],[]],
       [[		"WX_US_M2_flamethrower_Backpack"
		],[
		1]]
   ];

DIH_USAmmo1 =     [
       "WX_AmmoBox_US",
       objNull,
       [[],[]],
       [[		"WX_US_030Rnd_Carbine",
		"wx_US_015Rnd_carbine",
		"WX_US_008Rnd_Garand",
		"WX_US_020Rnd_BAR",

"WX_US_100Rnd_M1919",
		"wx_us_030Rnd_Thompson",
		"wx_us_030Rnd_Greasegun",
		"wx_us_005Rnd_Shotgun",

"WX_US_007Rnd_M1911",
		"WX_US_001Rnd_Garand_M9A1",
		"wx_US_001Rnd_bazooka",
		"WX_US_005Rnd_Springfield",

"wx_us_m2_flamethrower_mag",
		"wx_FlareWhite",
		"WX_US_HandGrenade_mk2",
		"SmokeShell",

"SmokeShellRed",
		"SmokeShellGreen",
		"PipeBomb",
		"Mine"],[

5]],
       [[],[]]
   ];

DIH_USWeaponAndAmmo1 =     [
       "WX_AmmoAndWeaponBox_US",
       objNull,
      [[		"WX_US_m1918A2_BAR",
		"WX_US_M1_Carbine",
		"WX_US_M1_Garand",
		"WX_US_m1903A4_Springfield",

"WX_US_M1919",
		"wx_US_m1a1_bazooka",
		"WX_US_M2_Carbine",
		"WX_US_M3_GreaseGun",

"WX_US_Thompson_M1928A1",
		"WX_US_Shotgun",
		"wx_flaregun",
		"WX_US_m1911",

"WX_US_M1_Garand_M1_Bayonet_item",
		"WX_US_M1_Garand_M7A1_item",
		"WX_US_M2_flamethrower",
		"itemRadio"
		],[

5]],

[[		"WX_US_030Rnd_Carbine",
		"wx_US_015Rnd_carbine",
		"WX_US_008Rnd_Garand",
		"WX_US_020Rnd_BAR",

"WX_US_100Rnd_M1919",
		"wx_us_030Rnd_Thompson",
		"wx_us_030Rnd_Greasegun",
		"wx_us_005Rnd_Shotgun",

"WX_US_007Rnd_M1911",
		"WX_US_001Rnd_Garand_M9A1",
		"wx_US_001Rnd_bazooka",
		"WX_US_005Rnd_Springfield",

"wx_us_m2_flamethrower_mag",
		"wx_FlareWhite",
		"WX_US_HandGrenade_mk2",
		"SmokeShell",

"SmokeShellRed",
		"SmokeShellGreen",
		"PipeBomb",
		"Mine"],[

5]],

[[		"WX_US_M2_flamethrower_Backpack"
		],[
		1]]
   ];

You could then add multiple boxes into a vehicle including ships:

DIH_log_dc_wx_gmc_transport =
   [
DIH_USWeaponAndAmmo1,
DIH_USWeaponAndAmmo1,
DIH_USWeapon1,
DIH_USWeapon1,
DIH_USAmmo1,
DIH_USAmmo1
   ];
truck1 setVariable ["DIH_log_cargo",DIH_log_dc_wx_gmc_transport,true];

We have Dimitri_Harkov to thank for this cargo system and using his system it is possible to load multiple vehicles/weapons and ammo boxes into ships and vehicles creating a 'Russian Doll' effect for large scale logistics missions.

EDIT: Just in from Dimitri - how to attach landing craft to the attack transports:

for "_i" from 0 to 4 do {
	_tLc = "WX_LCM3" createvehicle [0,0,100];           
	waitUntil {(not isNull _tLc)};
  		_tLc setPos (getPos ship1);
  		[_tLc,server,-1] execVM "\DIH_logistics\scripts\DIH_log_psob.sqf";
 		sleep 0.05;
};

Again just change the classname for the other landing craft. Requires a game logic called server.

Edited by Foxy

Foxy, and Dimitri - you very much for all the Assistance up to now.

I Finally got to load and unload a Tank from the LCM3, but it only works if i loaded it previously. Didn't work for one pre-scripted to be in the LCM, though i'm sure i'll figure it out.

One more issue i encountered: What do i have to setup in a Mission, to enable the installation of Rifle Grenade Launchers?

What i've done so far:

Got a Compatible Weapon (SMLE unscoped, or M1 Garand) and the correct Rifle Grenade Launcher (from the same factions Ammobox) in the Inventory, aswell as some fitting Grenades.

Modules Placed:

Functions,

[HIP] Suicide Module

[HIP] Melee Module

[HIP] Artillery Module

[HIP] Armor Penetration Module

[HIP] Suppression Effects Module

[HIP] Weapon Rest Module (SAWR)

[HIP] Water Stance Module

[HIP] Logistics Module

The Key for Special Attack is assigned to H.

In all of your Missions from the Pack they work smooth, but whenever i hit H in one selfmade mission, nothing works. Meanwhile, shift+melee-key work flawless and i can isntall the bajonett. (And of course i uninstall the bajonet before trying to attach the Grenadelauncher!)

Is there anything specific i gotta do to make it work? Or do i HAVE to define a key mission-sided, which i haven't yet done.

You are very welcome.

You need to put the '[HIP] Weapon Quick Selection (WQS) Module' on the map for the rifle grenades and magnetic mines to work.

Sorry, bad documentation on my part here. I will update this - among other things - in the next version of the manual.

Cheers,

D.

You welcome Elena. Regarding the tank loading/unloading, if you post or pm me the code your using I can take a look if you like. I am also just wondering where your calling the code from. Is it in the init.sqf? Perhaps the code is being called before the logistics module is initialised? Just a guess, for all I know the modules may well initialise before the the init even fires. Also is this in SP or MP (dedicated server)?

I just copied your exact script into loadtank.sqf and launch it via trigger. Singleplayer, only an editor preview for now since i like to test out all features before going to make real missions.

So, basically the module should initialise well before i raid the trigger, i'll keep trying however. If i won't get any step futher, i'll upload the mission and edit this Post here.

Once again thank you for taking so much time to assist the HiP Community, thats not taken for granted in Most Mods, and i really appreciate the assistance.

Edited by Elena

I'm getting a game breaking error when I try to launch the missions for this game that have been released. The error line is as follow;

Picture @pacific_beta\hellinthepacific.paa not found

Any ideas anyone? :(

That's most probably because the SIX guys changed our mod directory to read '@pacific' instead of '@pacific_beta' for reasons unclear to me.

Some missions are looking for our logo in the modfolder and can not find it in mod versions that have been aquired using SIX.

Sorry, there is nothing we can do about that.

I have no clue about the SIX services, but normally, you could 'cure' that problem by renaming the mod-folder to '@pacific_beta' and by changing you mod-line/launcher options accordingly.

Cheers,

D.

This shouldn't be a game breaker though? My friend who also got the mod via SIX Updater also experiences these error on the missions, but the missions still work for him. One way or another I am sure we will fix this in the next update of the mod... until then there is as Dimtri says nothing we can do.

Thanks Giallustio! We will get back to you with some feedback.

Are there only mp missions available for this mod? I'm looking for some good solo experience, but can't find any for this mod. :)

Atm the dev team is only making MP missions. We may have a sp mission from a community member to include in the next mission pack and hopefully there will be more to come.

@Giallustio: Thanks again for the C&H map. It looks great. Haven't had a chance to actually play it against other players atm, but it has a nice feel to it. Only some very minor changes that I would make if it were my mission which I will pm you about. Thanks again, hopefully the rest of the team can get a chance to look at it soon. So much to do... so few hours in the day.

Edited by Foxy

Something that has come up a few times recently is people concerned that AI static weapons will run out of ammo. This isn't the case as AI controlled static weapons have unlimited ammo.

Hey guys, wanted to let all those HIP fans about the MR site address Change/update, more info here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?142019-Invasion-1944-amp-Iron-Front-Liberation-1944-Mission-Repository-Website

Are there only mp missions available for this mod? I'm looking for some good solo experience, but can't find any for this mod.

Mod could use alot more missions, as I have only 14 in total hosted on my site, and only one for Singleplayer.

@dunedain, you can play all coops, and mp missions solo or singleplayer, just go to mp, and host the missions and then lock your hosted server,a dn you can play the

missions yourself, you'll get the benefits of a coop, and mp missions that a sp wont have like respawn. Just a thought.

In general if anyone has missions for HIP they wanted hosted for download, my website is available:

http://missionrepository.webs.com/

that address above however will be changing over the weekend i will post a working link to the new address when its ready.

Any questions/thoughts let me know, im here everyday.

=========

Whats the news on the next update, and missionpack HIP team?

Yes we working hard on a new update of the mod and also a new missionpack for you all out there.

I belive we also talking about having a public event for you all out there to have fun with our mod!