Waxbutter

Hell in the Pacific 0.5 beta release

Did a quick conversion and re-org of the classlists in .xls format... sorry for the host :p

Link

Had a whale of a time playing Tarawa 2 over at KH this evening. Those Ki-61s are some mean bastards.

Thanks for producing a top-notch beta - I look forward to playing around with more of it soon. Wouldn't mind a crack at a British & Commonwealth mission or two before long (Enfields :love:)

Edited by da12thMonkey

So after more playing around and exploring peleliu, it dawned on me. HiP + Flamethrower + zombie mod = Wicked Awesome hehehe I saw the airfield bunker and I couldn't resist haha

Now I could beat up those Janpanese ghosts in the battle of this game! And some Japanese tanks made by anther guy out of this team could also be useful now. It's nice, and congratulations on the release of the beta!

Downloading now, excited! Sounds like I'm in for a treat, thanks to the HitP team!

I have now uploaded the mod Hell in the pacific on a Australian Server for all the Aussies out there...

Server name: AUSCOG Hell in the Pacific Public server

223.252.38.169:2302

TS3: OGN 173.199.80:9257 ArmA2 Channels

Forum: http://forum.auscog.com.au

Enjoy

Edited by [OGN]DarkPhantom

Very fun time playing this! For the maybe 30 minutes I've been succesfull in public servers..

For some reason most of the server admins insist on changing the map every 10 minutes

Thanks for that awesome mod. It has so many features for a beta :D.

I have no fire effect with the flamethrower, all I see is smoke. Am I missing something?

Thanks for that awesome mod. It has so many features for a beta :D.

I have no fire effect with the flamethrower, all I see is smoke. Am I missing something?

CBA?

Correct Version of CBA?

Also add all the HIP - Moduls in the editor.

---------- Post added at 14:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:37 ----------

If you like our mod please vote on us for " Mod of the year 2012" on moddb:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hell-in-the-pacific

Edited by Mr Pedersen

You need to place the functions module. Recommend you always use the functions module with HIP... the mod uses it extensively.

I have downlaoded this via six updater, but gets an "cant open wx_lcm3 pbo" error when i trie to play the mod??

really looking forward to trieng this...

I love this mod! Great job guys! Im working on a coop mission right now =-). Im having trouble getting a plane to have enough speed to take off from a carrier though! anyways, love the mod, great work!

I love this mod! Great job guys! Im working on a coop mission right now =-)

Great to hear :) Thanks and don't forget to share your missions.

Im having trouble getting a plane to have enough speed to take off from a carrier though!

For players, this is explained in the manual. If you want to script that for AI, you have to toy around with the setVelocity command.

Cheers,

D.

My computer is too shit to play any of your islands with a decent frame rate :(

I really need to upgrade my processor

now i have downloaded it from armaholic, still getting ""cant open wx_lcm3 pbo" error :-( im the only one??

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

i restarted my computer, and now it works :-)

Poor you... Then you got to have a really shitty computer, because mine is 5 years old too and can run it fine.

EDIT: btw, try to dust off your gfx card and/or processor - worked wonders for me! ;)

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

Oh my god! I'm playing "Terror of Tarawa 1". It is amazing. Really immersive and heart pounding. The voice animations and the A I of the Japanese are great. Collect as many granades off the dead as you can. SO far so good. No maoir issues so far. It won't load with CaptnAma2's Arma II Launcher, but launches fine with target options.

Sorry to hear that.

Why not try these tweaks?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?85124-ArmA2-OA-%28low%29-performance-issues&p=2081466#post2081466

They won't revolutionise your experince but they should improve your framerates!

Good tips in there.

And you will hardly ever need more than 1000 m view distance on any of those maps unless you are flying.

How do I bayonet? it's driving me crazy, also I see no flames from the flamethrower just kind of the heat wave then smoke where it hits