Sign in to follow this  
dontknowhow

0x10c: an Elite-like game from Minecraft creator

Looks a good game, especially from the videos they are showing. If it turns out like Minecraft, it will be pretty awesome and addictive ;)

Well, it looks better than Minecraft at least graphically. Which is not that hard after all :)

What it seems really interesting is the gameplay. The fact that each ship gets its own computer that you can program sounds really cool, even if maybe it's not much better than writing addons in X3. I mean, these guys are making up a virtual CPU.

But I also saw this:

• The playable environment will be vast – the potential is quite daunting when you consider black holes, light speed travel and randomly generated planets. Notch we need maps (or a 16 bit version of TomTom) please!

• You will be able to land on planets. This implies you will also have the ability to mine for resources, build bases, shoot animals and mate with their women. Much like you would in Minecraft (except for the women mating part).

• Lots of guns, explosions and general mayhem with players blowing sh*t up. Think ‘Battle of Yavin’, right Notch?!.

• A working economy with currency and marketplaces. There are plenty of rumours around this one, the official word being “Advanced economy systemâ€. This means you can probably sell your DCPU-16 CPU and with the proceeds buy a coffee machine for your ship.

Very interesting

Well, it looks better than Minecraft at least graphically. Which is not that hard after all :)

What it seems really interesting is the gameplay. The fact that each ship gets its own computer that you can program sounds really cool, even if maybe it's not much better than writing addons in X3. I mean, these guys are making up a virtual CPU.

I won't play against Xeno in this game lol