Sign in to follow this  
nankura

SP Mission's Were im not the leader

Hey guys

I wasnt sure were to ask this, ive tried armaholic but every thread i make gets closed with "search for it", i have searched, ive been searching for ages and maybe im missing it, but every SP mission ive downloaded and tried puts you in the leader spot of an AI unit doing objectives and sometimes i dont want to have to control and order around a squad, sometimes i just want to play

And im frankly not yet skilled enough to loadup a domination map or insurgency and take it by myself.

So im wondering, if there is any SP Missions out there or campaigns, preferably that use ACE 2, that dont require you to be a leader. were i can follow an AI squad, or fight with the AI army in taking a town or completing objectives.

Yes, you can find mission like this. For example: Morning dev, check also Wiki's Ritterkreuz pack-one short mission like that. In Wiki's campaign Operation Licorne there are (i can't remember how many) few missions where you are not team leader. I played few more missions like that (some in campaigns) but can't remember names right now.

You can also go in the editor and place units and run around and shoot them. You can add friendly squads and give them waypoints to make a realistic looking battle then just interact with it without having to command at all. Or you can join a server and follow real players around.

You might try some of thomsonb's excellent "Flashpoint..." dynamic mission series. Once you locate some friendlies, you join them & have the option to set someone else as leader. Lots of islands, roles & sides to choose from.

Tip: before joining the team, select "respawn" from the command menu. From that you can see who is the current leader of any nearby group. Hit cancel, join the group, then set that AI to be the leader. If their task seems boring, just leave and find another.

Doesn't use ACE - but most SP missions / campaigns do not. ACE is perhaps best regarded as aimed at MP. While there are some SP scenarios that do use ACE, running ACE with many 'official' and user missions can make them unplayable without a lot of tweaking.

Welcome to the Armaverse :)

In addition to Flashpoint, which I too recommend.

I suggest you try a not so known Armored Recon by ArmaMedic. You can play as regular grunt, even on expert, and still receive proper orders. The mission itself is very dynamic and has great value of replayability. One of my favorites for sure.

@nankura

There is a mission request thread one should use when searching for specific missions.

Yes, I told you the same on Armaholic. It seems no matter where you are you do not care much about searching before posting. But seeing how you also did not come back since asking this I doubt you care much.